PDA

View Full Version : What happened to global warming thread?

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 10:49 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Black_Magic
04-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Its not real. so it never existed.:clap:

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 10:55 AM
beats me

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
beats me (cue X-Files music)

piratebg
04-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Let the conspiracy theories being :nerd:

Reds fan
04-25-2007, 10:59 AM
It fell into a hole of dark matter????

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 10:59 AM
the thread was made out of ice... so it melted...

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 11:26 AM
I was hoping Keith would reconsider and actually respond to evidence contrary to his theory.

Black_Magic
04-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
the thread was made out of ice... so it melted...
Thats Right!! It melted away just above Siberia.
http://www.keepwintercool.org/images/nrdc_earth_small.jpg

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

Where is that place (with all the ships that kill seals) where all the ships are stranded in the ice that froze around them at??

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 11:38 AM
If it was deleted and/or moved - it was done so for a reason. Haven't there already been one or two other threads on this subject closed and/or moved? Haven't ya'll figured it out yet. :doh:

BTEXDAD
04-25-2007, 11:46 AM

My little niece was coloring this picture last weekend.

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 12:01 PM
If it was deleted and/or moved - it was done so for a reason. Haven't there already been one or two other threads on this subject closed and/or moved? Haven't ya'll figured it out yet. :doh: I'm just curious as to why it was removed. Typically there's a warning and the thread gets locked.

Keith7
04-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I was hoping Keith would reconsider and actually respond to evidence contrary to his theory.

I already told you I wasn't going to argue with people who just copy and paste info off of conservative websites, thats pointless.. I'm not going to change the views of those websites so what is the point?? I've spent way too much time argueing the point to people who don't really care to learn more about the issue.. if you want to read all my responses to global warming, I'm willing to bet you can find something worth while on the thread below

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61031

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 12:17 PM
the global warming stuff is coming from liberal websites... the anti-global warming is coming from conservative sites...

just an observation... not saying who's right or wrong, I'm neither, I'm just me... don't need sides to pick my opinions for me...

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I already told you I wasn't going to argue with people who just copy and paste info off of conservative websites, thats pointless.. I'm not going to change the views of those websites so what is the point?? I've spent way too much time argueing the point to people who don't really care to learn more about the issue.. if you want to read all my responses to global warming, I'm willing to bet you can find something worth while on the thread below

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61031 Conservative websites you say? I'm sorry, I didn't realize that any info by scientists that disagree with your theory are now labeled "conservative".:rolleyes:

Keith7
04-25-2007, 12:20 PM
the global warming stuff is coming from liberal websites...

thats necisarrily true, most of the global warming info I was putting on the missing thread was out of my climatology textbook

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 12:24 PM
This can be a very educated discussion if we remain civil and take our fingers off the trigger...

here's a good question, we may learn something here...

To the pro-global warming people who post on the downlow:

After reading and listening about global warmings reasons and solutions, what new practices have you picked up in order to slow down/stop global warming? And what do you feel can help pursuade conservatives and/or non-believers to do the same and to better understand the issue (besides Al Gore, not saying he's not right, just saying most conservatives do not take the man seriously, he was on South Park, and don't throw out the "if they'd get their head out of their asses" type sayings... if you take this issue VERY seriously, you'll be serious about getting others on the same boat, not bashing... same goes for the conservatives, chill out, I have not seen any "show-stopper" arguements by either side, here on the downlow or on the national stage)...

Keith7
04-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Conservative websites you say? I'm sorry, I didn't realize that any info by scientists that disagree with your theory are now labeled "conservative".:rolleyes:

look at the info on the pages you guys were copy and pasting .. and then look who these "scientist" were and who funded these guys...... conservatives..

and besides that is not the point.. Like I said i'm not arguing with "ctrl+v"

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 12:29 PM
look at the info on the pages you guys were copy and pasting .. and then look who these "scientist" were and who funded these guys...... conservatives..

not pickin' on you, just saying that is a very strong claim... where's the back-up to that claim?

most of the pro-global warming sites/literature are funded by Al Gore<<<~~~~~ easy to type, not easy to prove (and I doubt it's true, just saying, prove it)

Keith7
04-25-2007, 12:33 PM
not pickin' on you, just saying that is a very strong claim... where's the back-up to that claim?

most of the pro-global warming sites/literature are funded by Al Gore<<<~~~~~ easy to type, not easy to prove (and I doubt it's true, just saying, prove it)

one of my Text books on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Climates-Hunger-Reid-Bryson/dp/0299073742/ref=sr_1_1/104-6174360-6747101?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177522288&sr=8-1)

This wasn't funded by Al Gore.. In fact it was originally published in 1979

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 12:35 PM
1979... good point

today por favor?

Keith7
04-25-2007, 12:39 PM
1979... good point

today por favor?

I'm not down for a 1 vs. 37 arguement today.. maybe tomorrow i'll be more in the mood

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 12:39 PM

and besides that is not the point.. Like I said i'm not arguing with "ctrl+v" Okay, I'll type the info myself.

As per "The Scientific American":

120,000 years ago the co2 levels were the same as today, yet the global temperatures were colder.

Explain that.

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm not down for a 1 vs. 37 arguement today.. maybe tomorrow i'll be more in the mood

I'm being serious keith... I'm not on either side of this issue because I believe the sides are politically devided... I like the information and I want it...

I'm just saying, most of the anti-global warming guys are posting opinions and research from today as well as the pro's, just think a book published in 1979 is not supporting your arguement for the scientists of today being backed by conservatives...

common sense, isn't it?

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Okay, I'll type the info myself.

As per "The Scientific American":

120,000 years ago the co2 levels were the same as today, yet the global temperatures were colder.

Explain that.

what is the scientific american?

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 12:44 PM
what is the scientific american? It's a general scientific magazine that prints a myriad of articles.

http://www.sciam.com/

Keith7
04-25-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm being serious keith... I'm not on either side of this issue because I believe the sides are politically devided... I like the information and I want it...

I'm just saying, most of the anti-global warming guys are posting opinions and research from today as well as the pro's, just think a book published in 1979 is not supporting your arguement for the scientists of today being backed by conservatives...

common sense, isn't it?

The point of my telling you guys that one of my climatology books was published in 1979, is proof that his has been known for years, and that this wasn't something just made up by liberals to scare people into voting..

and to Jasper, according to the EPA the tempurature has always risen and fallen with the change of co2 levels.. this is common sense.. jsut look at Venus, it has a high level of co2 and thus is the hottest planet in the atmosphere

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/pastcc.htmlhttp://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/images/co2-temp.gif

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 12:47 PM
It's a general scientific magazine that prints a myriad of articles.

http://www.sciam.com/

I can't find the information you mentioned above...

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Gobbla,

I believe that the earth is warming. I just don't think we know "why" it is warming. That same research by the Scientific American stated that the oceans had a dramatic flux 120,000 years ago. First there was a 20 foot increase followed by a 50 foot decrease!!! All in a matter of 100 years. This occurred naturally.

Something tells me that this wasn't due to co2 levels.

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
The point of my telling you guys that one of my climatology books was published in 1979, is proof that his has been known for years, and that this wasn't something just made up by liberals to scare people into voting..

[/url]

I undestand that, Keith, but there were guys saying the opposite back in the day as well... I want something besides theory...

right now we have scientific information saying that we are causing global warming and scientific information saying we're not...

personally I do not see how anyone can believe anything...

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 12:50 PM

and to Jasper, according to the EPA the tempurature has always risen and fallen with the change of co2 levels.. this is common sense.. jsut look at Venus, it has a high level of co2 and thus is the hottest planet in the atmosphere

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/pastcc.htmlhttp://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/images/co2-temp.gif Do co2 levels increase because of the temperature or cause the temperature to change?

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 12:51 PM
I can't find the information you mentioned above... August of 1995

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Gobbla,

I believe that the earth is warming. I just don't think we know "why" it is warming. That same research by the Scientific American stated that the oceans had a dramatic flux 120,000 years ago. First there was a 20 foot increase followed by a 50 foot decrease!!! All in a matter of 100 years. This occurred naturally.

Something tells me that this wasn't due to co2 levels.

that's the thing, I can believe the earth is warming as well... but it did 500 years ago too... and as I've said many a time on here, we had an ice age end in Europe in the mid 1800's... that is very strong information for that side...

Keith7
04-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Do co2 levels increase because of the temperature or cause the temperature to change?

co2 causes tempurature change, thats why it is a green house gas.. now if warmer tempurature created more co2 then we would all be in trouble because that would mean a domino effect of green house gasses that would really heat up the earth

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 12:53 PM
August of 1995

oh, okay...

anyone know what today's levels are compared to those of 120k years ago?

Keith7
04-25-2007, 12:57 PM
oh, okay...

anyone know what today's levels are compared to those of 120k years ago?

as prepared by Dr. Robert Rohde of Cal-Berkley

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1c/Carbon_Dioxide_400kyr.png

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
it did go up quite a bit there...

Keith7
04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
anyways i'm getting out of this before I get ganged up on by 30 people..

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 01:05 PM
anyways i'm getting out of this before I get ganged up on by 30 people..

as long as they're wearing ru....

wait whoa nm wrong subject

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 01:07 PM
co2 causes tempurature change, thats why it is a green house gas.. now if warmer tempurature created more co2 then we would all be in trouble because that would mean a domino effect of green house gasses that would really heat up the earth Then why have ice samples taken shown that global temperatures preceeded the rise in co2 by hundreds of years?

Black_Magic
04-25-2007, 01:12 PM

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/pastcc.htmlhttp://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/images/co2-temp.gif You are not using your air very wisely... Its a waist of O2....:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Then why have ice samples taken shown that global temperatures preceeded the rise in co2 by hundreds of years? Lets see this info you keep refering to. I gota see this data..

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm just curious as to why it was removed. Typically there's a warning and the thread gets locked. Well, I hadn't even bothered reading it so I don't know. You guys want to go round & round on the subject that is your business as long as no rules are being broken.

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 01:16 PM
I think the increased sighting of Sasquatch in North America may be related to global warming... obviously if there's that many more, there must be a lotta fartin' goin' on...

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Good Lord.. It is Administrative Profeesionals day so yall stop annoying the hell outta p4s and the rest of us admin professionals!

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Lets see this info you keep refering to. I gota see this data.. Here you go.

Link (http://icebubbles.ucsd.edu/Publications/CaillonTermIII.pdf)

shankbear
04-25-2007, 01:19 PM
It is cyclical....nothing more. Panic causes more disasters than greenhouse gases.

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Good Lord.. It is Administrative Profeesionals day so yall stop annoying the hell outta p4s and the rest of us admin professionals!

I don't know why....but "Profeesionals" just cracked me up!!:D

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Good Lord.. It is Administrative Professionals day so yall stop annoying the hell outta p4s and the rest of us admin professionals!

better? lol

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
better? lol

yah I guess you're more professional now...

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
better? lol

Well...it's not so funny anymore!:p

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 01:30 PM
It is if you look at your comment and then say it with a real southern drawl :D

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 01:36 PM
It is if you look at your comment and then say it with a real southern drawl :D

The things we do to amuse ourselves!!:D

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well...it's not so funny anymore!:p

http://www.humoronline.com/funny-baby-pictures-13.jpg

but ritas hair yesterday is still funny

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 01:39 PM
http://www.humoronline.com/funny-baby-pictures-13.jpg

but ritas hair yesterday is still funny

OMG I know!!!! You know, my hair still kinda feels nappy. I know I washed it this morning. Hell, I washed it last night. I think maybe I just need a haircut.

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 01:40 PM
I think maybe I just need a haircut.

You have been saying that for months!!:hand:

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
You have been saying that for months!!:hand: I know, but I needed it to grow a little bit more. I donate my hair to Locks of Love!! :hand: I think I have just enough for everyone now. :)

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 01:42 PM
OMG I know!!!! You know, my hair still kinda feels nappy. I know I washed it this morning. Hell, I washed it last night. I think maybe I just need a haircut.

well atleast you have power at yourhouse... that stupid storm knocked ours out.. i will be goin to a friends today if i dont have power when i come home.. hell i might have to go to my ex boyfriends house.. i still have all my stuff over there ROFLMAO!

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 01:44 PM
I know, but I needed it to grow a little bit more. I donate my hair to Locks of Love!! :hand: I think I have just enough for everyone now. :)

I cant do that.. i have colored and permed my hair b4

sahen
04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Just reading in seeing if there is anything about Dark Matter or Dark Energy or whatever that was yesterday.....i guess i'll remain quite for now...

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
I cant do that.. i have colored and permed my hair b4 I think you can. Check out the guidelines HERE (http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html)

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Just reading in seeing if there is anything about Dark Matter or Dark Energy or whatever that was yesterday.....i guess i'll remain quite for now...

Sorry....we kind of hi-jacked this thread talking about "profeesionals" and hair!:p

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Sorry....we kind of hi-jacked this thread talking about "profeesionals" and hair!:p We noticed. I thought that was the point.:p

sahen
04-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Sorry....we kind of hi-jacked this thread talking about "profeesionals" and hair!:p

its ok...the global warming thread yesterday was pretty much took off on a tangent by me trying to understand the dark energy stuff and some weird physics things....

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 01:50 PM
We noticed. I thought that was the point.:p

i hi-jacked it on purpose.. ya know why bc yall are annoying rita and this is our day so shut up!

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 01:50 PM
We noticed. I thought that was the point.:p

It really wasn't.......it just happens that way sometimes when me, P4S and CHS_CG are involved!!:p

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
i hi-jacked it on purpose.. ya know why bc yall are annoying rita and this is our day so shut up!

You didn't hi-jack...I did....you just complained!!:tongue: :tongue: :D

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
i hi-jacked it on purpose.. ya know why bc yall are annoying rita and this is our day so shut up! How am I annoying Rita?:confused: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
You didn't hi-jack...I did....you just complained!!:tongue: :tongue: :D

hahaha... i wasnt complaining.. but rita and i were trying to carry a convo and with her being annoyed it was difficult so i said something... (not that im always outspoken:D )

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2007, 01:53 PM
How am I annoying Rita?:confused: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: I think she meant to say "I" instead of "you". ;) J/K T!

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 01:53 PM
How am I annoying Rita?:confused: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: You aren't. The global warming stuff is annoying. Talena, as usual, just has to put her 2 cents in everywhere. :D

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 01:54 PM
You aren't. The global warming stuff is annoying. Talena, as usual, just has to put her 2 cents in everywhere. :D

How dare her try to take credit for my hi-jack!!

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 01:55 PM
How dare her try to take credit for my hi-jack!! I know, right?

AND JD if you were annoying me I hope you know that I would go directly to YOU with my issues. :thumbsup:

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 01:55 PM
How dare her try to take credit for my hi-jack!!

HEY it was a group effort!

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I know, right?

AND JD if you were annoying me I hope you know that I would go directly to YOU with my issues. :thumbsup:

You don't have "issues"...you have a year's subscription!!!:D :D

Sorry...I read that in the "Reader's Digest" this morning and it gave me a chuckle!!:p

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
You don't have "issues"...you have a year's subscription!!!:D :D

Sorry...I read that in the "Reader's Digest" this morning and it gave me a chuckle!!:p

I've always liked "you have so many issues you need a rack to hold them all" :devil: :D wait..........

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 01:58 PM
I've always liked "you have so many issues you need a rack to hold them all" :devil: :D wait..........

LOL!! That's a good one too!!

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 01:58 PM
How am I annoying Rita?:confused: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

WELL

you DID start the thread!

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 02:06 PM
I know, right?

AND JD if you were annoying me I hope you know that I would go directly to YOU with my issues. :thumbsup: Great. Just what I need. Another woman with issues...:eek: :eek: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Great. Just what I need. Another woman with issues...:eek: :eek: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: I don't have issues with you, yet. ;)

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 02:11 PM
I don't have issues with you, yet. ;)

yet lol.. i love it

BILLYFRED0000
04-25-2007, 02:13 PM
co2 causes tempurature change, thats why it is a green house gas.. now if warmer tempurature created more co2 then we would all be in trouble because that would mean a domino effect of green house gasses that would really heat up the earth

Now you are really demonstrating your ignorance.ST. PETERSBURG, January 15 (RIA Novosti) - Rising levels of carbon dioxide and other gases emitted through human activities, believed by scientists to trap heat in the Earth's atmosphere, are an effect rather than the cause of global warming, a prominent Russian scientist said Monday.

Habibullo Abdusamatov, head of the space research laboratory at the St. Petersburg-based Pulkovo Observatory, said global warming stems from an increase in the sun's activity. His view contradicts the international scientific consensus that climate change is attributable to the emission of greenhouse gases generated by industrial activities, such as the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation.

"Global warming results not from the emission of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, but from an unusually high level of solar radiation and a lengthy - almost throughout the last century - growth in its intensity," Abdusamatov told RIA Novosti in an interview.

"It is no secret that when they go up, temperatures in the world's oceans trigger the emission of large amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. So the common view that man's industrial activity is a deciding factor in global warming has emerged from a misinterpretation of cause and effect relations."

next quote.
You should realize that the carbon dioxide only absorbs the infrared radiation at certain frequencies, and it can only absorb the maximum of 100% of the radiation at these frequencies. By this comment, I want to point out that the "forcing" - the expected additive shift of the terrestrial equilibrium temperature - is not a linear function of the carbon dioxide concentration. Instead, the additional greenhouse effect becomes increasingly unimportant as the concentration increases: the expected temperature increase for a single frequency is something like

1.5 ( 1 - exp[-(concentration-280)/200 ppm] ) Celsius
The decreasing exponential tells you how much radiation at the critical frequencies is able to penetrate through the carbon dioxide and leave the planet. The numbers in the formula above are not completely accurate and the precise exponential form is not quite robust either but the qualitative message is reliable. When the concentration increases, additional CO2 becomes less and less important.

Just explain why these Scientists say you are a fool and prove it.

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Okay - Billfred didn't get the memo ---- :doh: :doh:

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 02:16 PM

appently not ROFLMAO!

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM

I wonder if that's one of those ctl-v things??

Keith is NOT going to be happy!!

BILLYFRED0000
04-25-2007, 02:18 PM
appently not ROFLMAO!

I never get the memo. What memo? I did not even get the memo
mentioning the memo.

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 02:18 PM

SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: hee hee hee :evillol:

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Okay - Billfred didn't get the memo ---- :doh: :doh: Oh, he got the memo all right. He just does what most of us men do...ignore it.:D :D :D

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Oh, he got the memo all right. He just does what most of us men do...ignore it.:D :D :D

typical!!:rolleyes:

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Oh, he got the memo all right. He just does what most of us men do...ignore it.:D :D :D What usually happens AFTER you ignore it :thinking:

JasperDog94

Keith is NOT going to be happy!! Nope, because according to Keith you need to do your own research and not listen to other experts that have data to the contrary of his theory.

JasperDog94
What usually happens AFTER you ignore it :thinking: Your honor, my client is going to plead the 5th.

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Your honor, my client is going to plead the 5th.

smart choice

BILLYFRED0000
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM

Ok what memo. Poor Keith does not understand the intent.
All I am saying is that there is disagreement. All he is saying is that is a fact. Which of course is sheer lunacy based on all the data so far derived.

BILLYFRED0000
04-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Nope, because according to Keith you need to do your own research and not listen to other experts that have data to the contrary of his theory.

But of course. This is my research bolstered by the science to back it up. Naturally.......

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 02:24 PM
billy you need to post more....everytime i see your signature i laugh and laugh :thumbsup: but not about global warming :D :p

CHS_CG
04-25-2007, 02:26 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/talena_crzy.jpg

do these jeans make my butt look big?:confused:

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 02:26 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/89/254548509_e5276b00b1.jpg?v=0

do these jeans make my butt look big?:confused:

It makes the dog look small!!

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 02:28 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/89/254548509_e5276b00b1.jpg?v=0

do these jeans make my butt look big?:confused: grrrrrrrrrrr....we've got a new web filter. I can't see half the stuff that I used to...maybe that's a good thing.;)

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
.maybe that's a good thing.;) In this case, it might be. :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

BILLYFRED0000
04-25-2007, 04:32 PM
or not. I think she just wanted to butt in......

injuredinmelee
04-25-2007, 05:07 PM

Good we have more land to build on now. I can see room for a golf course, shopping mall, and at least two oil refineries.

BILLYFRED0000
04-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Good we have more land to build on now. I can see room for a golf course, shopping mall, and at least two oil refineries.

Of course get him to pull this one up of 18000 years ago.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/slides/slideset/11/11_177_bslide.html

Dang it won't transfer. It is a good pic I am sure of it.

here is the link.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/slides/slideset/11/11_177_bslide.html

You know, we really need to get those guys who melted all that ice. I would really like to know if it was little green men driving suv's that caused it to melt.

BILLYFRED0000
04-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Oh, and if you calculate out the percentage of the ice melt since the last ice age, it is less than .1 percent of the total coverage.
Not much really.

BILLYFRED0000
04-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Oh, and if you calculate out the percentage of the ice melt since the last ice age, it is less than .1 percent of the total coverage.
Not much really.

Keith where are you?????

BILLYFRED0000
04-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Oh well.

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Keith where are you????? He doesn't want to get "ganged up on".

Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that his theory won't stand up against other facts....not that he would acknowledge them anyway.

shankbear
04-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Can't take the heat? Got out of the kitchen? Big debate. Too cyclical to put a finger on.