PDA

View Full Version : O'Donnell leaving 'The View'

BuffyMars
04-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Story Highlights• Rosie O'Donnell leaving "The View" in June
• O'Donnell, ABC show couldn't agree on contract
• O'Donnell has been controversial, ratings-grabbing addition

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rosie O'Donnell's stormy tenure on "The View" will be a short one. ABC said Wednesday it was unable to agree on a contract with the opinionated host, and she'll leave the show in June.

O'Donnell said in a statement that "my needs for the future just didn't dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me."

"This has been an amazing experience," she said, "and one I wouldn't have traded for the world."

O'Donnell has helped raise the ratings for the daytime chat show invented by Barbara Walters. But her outspokenness has caused almost constant controversy, including a nasty name-calling feud with Donald Trump.

Maroon87
04-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

O'Donnell said in a statement that "my needs for the future just didn't dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me."

Translation: They were sick of me flapping my mouth every day and told me to get lost.

She'll wind up with her own show somewhere, unfortunately. At least until she sufferes her inevitable Don Imus-type meltdown.

piratebg
04-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Good riddance.

kaorder1999
04-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Translation: They were sick of me flapping my mouth every day and told me to get lost.

:clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
04-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Can you imagine how "depressed" she's going to be now? :crazy: :crazy1: :helpme: :crazy1: :crazy:

piratebg
04-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Can you imagine how "depressed" she's going to be now? :crazy: :crazy1: :helpme: :crazy1: :crazy:

Crispy Creams Beware!!!:evillol:

olddawggreen
04-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Don't let the door hit you on your face on the way out Rosie.

Is that what I mean't to say?:confused: Or did I mean to say.......? Oh well, I always have a hard time telling Rosie's face from that other body part that I didn't mention.:D

BTEXDAD
04-25-2007, 09:42 AM

She'll wind up with her own show somewhere, unfortunately. At least until she sufferes her inevitable Don Imus-type meltdown.

100% correct, Maroon. Somewhere down the line, she'll give a strong statement that won't be politically correct and join Imus.
Maybe Rosie and Imus will get show together. Wouldn't they make a cute couple?

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
100% correct, Maroon. Somewhere down the line, she'll give a strong statement that won't be politically correct and join Imus.
Maybe Rosie and Imus will get show together. Wouldn't they make a cute couple? :eek: :eek: :eek: MY EYES!!!!!!

44INAROW
04-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Adios and don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you :p

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 10:02 AM
What ever happened with her first talk show?

piratebg
04-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What ever happened with her first talk show?

After the whole Tom Selleck thing it just went to crap.

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
After the whole Tom Selleck thing it just went to crap.

Oh yeah!!:doh:

You would have thought she would have learned to keep her big fat mouth shut then!!

Gsquared
04-25-2007, 10:20 AM

I predict we will see her in the Nathans Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest in the near future.

44INAROW
04-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Oh yeah!!:doh:

You would have thought she would have learned to keep her big fat mouth shut then!!

I guess I missed that - what/when was it and what happened?

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I guess I missed that - what/when was it and what happened?

Here's the transcript....I think you can even watch it on video.

Tom Vs Rosie (http://www.nrawinningteam.com/norosie.html)

kaorder1999
04-25-2007, 10:23 AM
RM...link isnt working

kaorder1999
04-25-2007, 10:25 AM
This is the thing. The more she runs her fat mouth the more publicity she gets leading to more money...why would she shut her fat mouth?

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
RM...link isnt working ]

Sorry...left the link out:p

Try it now

Gp83
04-25-2007, 11:33 AM
CYA fatty fat fatso:clap:

olddawggreen
04-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Here's the transcript....I think you can even watch it on video.

Tom Vs Rosie (http://www.nrawinningteam.com/norosie.html)

Whats really interesting and many people have forgotten, is that at the same time Rosie attacked Tom about the NRA adds, she was involved as a leading spokesperson for a major add campaign for Kmart, who at the time was one of the largest gun dealers in America.:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
04-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Whats really interesting and many people have forgotten, is that at the same time Rosie attacked Tom about the NRA adds, she was involved as a leading spokesperson for a major add campaign for Kmart, who at the time was one of the largest gun dealers in America.:rolleyes: And what about her body guards carrying handguns?

mustang59
04-25-2007, 12:20 PM
THAT'S IT! If Rosie's leaving The View I won't watch it anymore. Wait, I don't watch it anyway because I hate the show. Nevermind.

shankbear
04-25-2007, 12:24 PM
The zoo called and wanted Rosie back.

olddawggreen
04-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
The zoo called and wanted Rosie back.

GORILLA LOVE:eek: :eek: Its a wonderful thing:D

sinton66
04-25-2007, 10:09 PM
This development will significantly raise the intelligence level of that show. It still won't be anything to write home about, but it will improve.

wedo
04-25-2007, 10:28 PM
I will say that Im a pretty libral in my thinking, but she was getting way out of line!! I think ABC did the right thing.

burnet44
04-26-2007, 12:48 AM
unfortunally TV gives a lot of stupid people a medium to voice their moronic adjendas

another reason I dont watch much TV

bye rosie
go be on Ellen

just dont kiss pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee