PDA

View Full Version : Can Sinton Lose To Mathis?

sinfan75
11-07-2002, 05:55 AM
Lozano and Threadgill-lost for the year
DE Rodriguez and LB,K,TE Juroch-Will not play Friday
LB Kenny Salone-Questionable
WR,DB Brandon Salone-Questionable
DE Curt Jones-Questionable
RB Julian Ruiz-Questionable
RB Bubba Heard-Questionable
If all these guys don't play against Mathis look for a VERY close game and possibly an upset win by Mathis.Sinton losin players at the time they need to be healthy.Pirates could have a tough time goin deep in the play-offs if injuries keep mounting.I don't care what team it is,You lose this many front-line players,the level of play starts droppin off.Good luck Sinton.Hopefully the injury bug will go Away.

mwynn05
11-07-2002, 08:39 AM
its better now than next week or the week after that

SINTON81
11-07-2002, 09:19 AM
I was sure disappointed when I read about our hurt players in the local newspaper. I would love another 10-0 season, but I would rather go into the playoffs 9-1 healthy instead of 10-0 with lots of hurt players. frown

Phil C
11-07-2002, 11:45 AM
I agree with you Sinton 81. I like Coach Mitchell's thinking in keeping the players healthy for the playoffs rather than risking it for just a perfect 10 - 0 season and outright district championship. Mathis has a very slim chance for the district championship plus they are playing for pride and momemtum for next year so they will be playing their best. They have to have Ingleside win over West Oso and even though I think Ingleside could play them a touch game I don't think they can beat West Oso in West Oso but Mathis will also want to win just in case. But since the game is in Sinton I will pick Sinton to win a close one.

pirate4state
11-07-2002, 12:20 PM
I agree with Coach Mitchell's quotes to the local paper in not jeopardizing a player's health for the perfect season. I think this will give some of the 2nd team guys a chance to gain some experience, in what will surely feel like a playoff game atmosphere. I still believe Sinton will win this game, but with these injuries it'll make the game a lot more interesting! Plus, Mathis will be foaming at the mouth with what they must view (Sinton's injuries) as a gift from the Football Gods. wink

sinton66
11-07-2002, 01:45 PM
I agree, I still don't see Mathis pulling off a victory here, but I will be there to see it for myself. I think Kenny Salone will play, at least that's what he told my wife yesterday. Curt Jones should play also, I think his little problem has cleared up. wink

SintonFan_inAustin
11-07-2002, 10:50 PM
Even if some of these players werent hurt. The starters shouldnt play more than a Quarter when the game is meaningless. But this gives the subs a chance to prove they can fill in when needed and against a pretty good mathis team. Looks like a real close game now. Is Adrian suppose to play most of the game?

sintonpop
11-07-2002, 10:53 PM
Jurach will definitely be missed, but Chance Schmidt should handle the kicking duties adequately and Louis Rodriguez will fill in at Jurach's linebacker position.

Both these players are Seniors and are fine leaders on the field.

Except for Lozano and Threadgill of course, everyone else will see action.

eye of the tiger
11-07-2002, 11:57 PM
I think Sinton wins this game by 21. Probably would have said 35 if all were healthy. I think it is good of coach not to play these guys, even the questionable ones that may be ready. It will also be good to let some backups play in an important game. I would think in that area Sinton v Mathis is an important game. Good luck to Sinton. I think you will still be undefeated after this game.

SintonFan
11-08-2002, 02:22 AM
Can Sinton Lose To Mathis? Maybe, but hopefully not this year. I'd rather Sinton lose and go farther in the playoffs than win here. Let all Pirates play a CLEAN GAME THIS WEEK!
Go PIRATES!!!!!!
Win State!!!!!!!!

sinfan75
11-08-2002, 05:16 AM
I agree.I think the game will be closer but I think Sinton will pull out win.But if they should lose better now than later.

sinton66
11-08-2002, 07:36 AM
Did you guys see the Mathis forum on the caller? Talk about poor comments! Goooooooo Sinton Pirates!