PDA

View Full Version : it doesn't appear like....... (NBA)

charlesrixey
04-24-2007, 10:35 PM
phoenix will be losing in the first round.

Imagine, i may have to root for the dreaded spurs in that one

(assuming we can handle GS and houston)

Phoenix up 57-39 in the second quarter of game 2.

bandera7
04-24-2007, 10:37 PM
That might not be a smart idea for you, the spurs match up far better with the Mavs then the Suns do. You would be fortunate to get the Suns instead of the Spurs. GO SPURS GO!

kepdawg
04-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
That might not be a smart idea for you, the spurs match up far better with the Mavs then the Suns do. You would be fortunate to get the Suns instead of the Spurs. GO SPURS GO!

I think the Mavs would much rather play the Spurs instead of the Suns, but it won't matter because the Warriors are going to knock out the Mavs.

injuredinmelee
04-24-2007, 10:43 PM
how do you figure that? I think the Mavs match up better against the Spurs than the Suns. The Suns have proven that with a healthy Stoudemire they can dminate the Mavs.

bandera7
04-24-2007, 10:43 PM
I dont know about that....playing the Spurs is playing the most consistent team in the NBA...they will make it difficult on you to put up 90 and they will almost always put up atleast 90 themselves. And Dirk would have to score over the best defender in the league, Bruce Bowen. Who on the Suns can run with Dirk? The only way they can do it is by double teaming. And then somebody is wide open, and Avery will take advantage of that all night long.

injuredinmelee
04-24-2007, 10:47 PM
I dont know about that....playing the Spurs is playing the most consistent team in the NBA...they will make it difficult on you to put up 90 and they will almost always put up atleast 90 themselves. And Dirk would have to score over the best defender in the league, Bruce Bowen. Who on the Suns can run with Dirk? The only way they can do it is by double teaming. And then somebody is wide open, and Avery will take advantage of that all night long.
The Mavericks have had an answer for the Spurs all season it seems. They however have no answer against the Suns the last two months.

coach
04-24-2007, 10:56 PM
wow how can yall say that gs will beat teh mavs and the spurs werent the most consisten team in the nba..the mavs were they had 3 stretches of 12+ wins in a row...the mavs will end up beating the warriors and i want to see how the spurs can handle the mavs or the suns...hell the spurs lost to but what can i say im arguing with a bunch of ppl who play football and dont know basketball so keep thinkin what yall want to think...

injuredinmelee
04-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by coach
wow how can yall say that gs will beat teh mavs and the spurs werent the most consisten team in the nba..the mavs were they had 3 stretches of 12+ wins in a row...the mavs will end up beating the warriors and i want to see how the spurs can handle the mavs or the suns...hell the spurs lost to but what can i say im arguing with a bunch of ppl who play football and dont know basketball so keep thinkin what yall want to think...
how were they the most consistent team in the NBA? Did they have the best record? What made them more consistent than the Mavs or anyone else? What was their season record against the mavs?

kepdawg
04-24-2007, 11:01 PM

I'm the only person on this thread that has said outright that GS beats Dallas. Dallas has to prove to me that they can handle GS. Although some may feel so, nobody said SA wasn't the most consistent.

coach
04-24-2007, 11:04 PM

this guy did kepdog

kepdawg
04-24-2007, 11:06 PM
this guy did kepdog

That quote says the Spurs were the most consistent. You started talking about people saying they weren't. :confused:

coach
04-24-2007, 11:10 PM
my bad i think u misunderstood me...i was saying the how can u say the mavs can loose to gs ..........the spurs arent the most consistent team the mavs are

Gobbla2001
04-24-2007, 11:11 PM
the Spurs are way less consistant than the Mavs, dunno what Bandera is smoking...

It's obvious, the mavs don't win as many championships in a seven year span as the Spurs do... that is consistancy and if you can't see that you're blind...

Gobbla2001
04-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
the Spurs are way less consistant than the Mavs, dunno what Bandera is smoking...

It's obvious, the mavs don't win as many championships in a seven year span as the Spurs do... that is consistancy and if you can't see that you're blind...

(and I know, we're talkin' about '07 playoffs here, just messin')

big daddy russ
04-25-2007, 01:26 AM
OK, we're talking about two teams who lost fewer than 10 games during the second half of the season. Stop the "inconsistent" talk right here. The only inconsistency was from the first half to the second half... and that was only the Spurs.

For those of you who don't follow the Spurs on a regular basis, this was their modus operandi every year they won the title.

Sorry guys. Spurs win the NBA title this year. The Mavs haven't proved to me that they can beat the Spurs when SA's healthy. Better luck next year.

And there's no way the Suns match up better with the Mavs. But you keep telling yourselves that. We'll see you in the Western Conference Finals.

Gobbla2001
04-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

For those of you who don't follow the Spurs on a regular basis, this was their modus operandi every year they won the title.

what was it? 6-8 start in '99 to only 3 losses in the playoffs?