PDA

View Full Version : The 3ADL Outage Today

Administrator
04-24-2007, 05:53 PM
I was unaware of the outage until this afternoon when I received a phone call from Matt328. Unfortunately, I no longer have any control over what happens on the network in Beaumont nor any inside information, as I no longer work for that particular company. As I understand from the status updates that is provided on their corporate website, there was a router failure, as well as a failure in the Network link that connects the Beaumont DS3 into Houston. Fortunately, I DO still have access to the server and the server room should it be required in emergency circumstances. There are no employees located at the office where I used to work, as the nearest employees are actually in the DFW & Shreveport area. They had to send someone down from DFW or Shreveport to get the problem resolved. The server has an asset tag showing that it does not belong to the service provider, rather, a Customer - That was put in place when I still had worked there. The server itself will never be 'lost' or taken without approval.

Also, The site will never have to "Start-Over" due to something serious happening. The entire database is backed up nightly at approximately 4AM and is sent to another server off of the 3ADL Server. So in a worse case scenario, we would lose the posts from when the server actually went down back to 4AM that morning.

Several local radio stations in the same building have a hardwired connection to the router where the 3ADL Server is located, and have been mentioning all day long that they were without internet, and no phones either, thanks to the ISP up a few floors. Pretty funny listening to that. I was listening to the station when they came back and said "YAY, our phones and internet are now fixed" then someone else notified me that everything should be back up and running.

Anyway, That's the best information that I am able to provide at this time.

injuredinmelee
04-24-2007, 05:58 PM
i know i was scared.

Old Tiger
04-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Administrator

Also, The site will never have to "Start-Over" due to something serious happening. The entire database is backed up nightly at approximately 4AM and is sent to another server off of the 3ADL Server. So in a worse case scenario, we would lose the posts from when the server actually went down back to 4AM that morning.

That would kill Buffy's post count! :D

Ranger Mom
04-25-2007, 08:33 AM
Well that is good news and reassuring to hear!!:)

pirate4state
04-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well that is good news and reassuring to hear!!:) Roger that ;)

3ABirdMan
04-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
That would kill Buffy's post count! :D

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well that is good news and reassuring to hear!!:)

That it would kill Buffy's post count? :doh:

crzyjournalist03
04-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
That it would kill Buffy's post count? :doh:

speaking of post count...member number 91 and only 373 posts...that's amazing!

3ABirdMan
04-25-2007, 06:30 PM
I

R
E
A
D

V
E
R
Y

S