PDA

View Full Version : Torii Hunter to be suspended 3 years?

kepdawg
04-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Better learn the rules!

Old Tiger
04-24-2007, 05:15 PM
It wasn't prior to the game or whatever it was post. I highly doubt they will and if they do it will just further prove that baseball is a stupid sport with so many stupid rules.

DU_stud04
04-24-2007, 05:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2847416

injuredinmelee
04-24-2007, 05:17 PM
I read this earlier on ESPN.com I cant imagine them enforcing that rule in this situation given the circumstances. I would stop watching MLB forever or until he is reinstated if they do this. You think MLB will care if i quit? me either.

kepdawg
04-24-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm surprised MLB hasn't tried to get Bonds on some crazy rule like this.

crzyjournalist03
04-24-2007, 10:33 PM
from what I understand, the Royals were notified, voluntarily returned the gift, repairing the situation so that MLB is comfortable, but he may get fined or something, but they're not going to sit him for three years.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I think if you really look at MLBs intentions behind the rule it makes sense. I mean if you let someone from one team send something to another team for beating a rival where does it stop? Do you start sending things to teams to intice them to lose? I don't think Tori had any intentions of anything immoral especially since it was after the fact but it's still breaking a rule.

JR2004
04-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Well this should be a good opportunity for the hypocritical folks ruining, I mean running, major league baseball to come down hard on one of the game's good guys and most well liked players.

The sooner this sport sends Selig out to pasture the better off they'll be. I can't believe more hasn't been made about how that tool fleeced the citizens of Milwaukee in getting that new park built. Bob and Dan (mostly Dan) ripped him apart in one of the most impassioned and factual rants I've ever heard. That man is just a bad human being.

injuredinmelee
04-24-2007, 10:50 PM
the owners want a commish that they can run like they do Selig.