PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't It Be Great

PPHSfan
09-19-2002, 09:42 AM
Wouldn't it be great if tomorrow night every single game could be decided in the final minutes of a classic struggle where the better team won in the final seconds by less than six points in a game where the fans on both sides had a fantastic time watching every kid play till they were sore for the ride home but nobody got hurt bad enough that they couldn't make practice Saturday morning? And wouldn't it be great if all sentences could be this long without your grammar teacher frowning at you? :-)

District303aPastPlayer
09-19-2002, 09:53 AM
Man, i tell you what. . . PPHS fan, you are my type of guy when it comes to watching football. I love me a good game. I saw the FW Dunbar-Brownwood game in Week 0, and boy, was that a game. It was decided in the final 2 mins. . . on a long drive.

Ranger Mom
09-19-2002, 10:08 AM
That was pretty much how the Greenwood/Sweetwater game was. Greenwood stopped then on 4th and goal with 7 seconds left in the game.

Jacket2000
09-19-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan:
Wouldn't it be great if tomorrow night every single game could be decided in the final minutes of a classic struggle where the better team won in the final seconds by less than six points in a game where the fans on both sides had a fantastic time watching every kid play till they were sore for the ride home but nobody got hurt bad enough that they couldn't make practice Saturday morning? And wouldn't it be great if all sentences could be this long without your grammar teacher frowning at you? :-)

No, that would be terrible. My heart would give out by midseason!
J2K

BullsFan
09-19-2002, 09:15 PM
It'd be great for the winning team.

Personally, I almost think I'd rather lose resoundingly than get beat in the final seconds by less than six points. Those are the games that break your heart.

spaniard
09-20-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan:
It'd be great for the winning team.

Personally, I almost think I'd rather lose resoundingly than get beat in the final seconds by less than six points. Those are the games that break your heart.

that is definitley true, ask last years seniors from burnet. losing to bellville when you are on the one yard-line about to score the winning td, and a fumble is ruled against you. tough stuff to have to handle on the way home.

PPHSfan
09-20-2002, 12:14 AM
But that is the stuff that makes the game so great. Sure losing in the last seconds is bitter and hurts more..but the same goes for winning. We beat Aubrey in our season opener this year 52-7 and I promise you it was not near as sweet as beating sanger by six in double overtime.

BullsFan
09-20-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan:
But that is the stuff that makes the game so great. Sure losing in the last seconds is bitter and hurts more..but the same goes for winning. We beat Aubrey in our season opener this year 52-7 and I promise you it was not near as sweet as beating sanger by six in double overtime.

Oh, I agree with you there. In the '93, Bridgeport beat heavily-favored Springtown in the last minute of the game, thereby taking the last spot in post-season play in our district--and sending Springtown home for the season. Until last year, I would have said that was my favorite game ever. I think those type of the games are the most extreme--the best type of win for the victors and the worst possible loss for the losers.

slpybear the bullfan
09-20-2002, 11:19 PM
Ohh... Wow, I had almost forgotten about that one BullsFan. It was swwweeeettt!!!

BUT...

... I would much rather win 16 games this year by wide margins and save that heartburn for other things http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif. I know it wont happen, but that is how I would wish it if I could!

slpybear

The One
09-20-2002, 11:29 PM
Amen Slpybear!