PDA

View Full Version : CCR...what does it mean to you??

Ranger Mom
04-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Just wondering

Old Tiger
04-23-2007, 03:50 PM
I know both but now days it's Cross Canadian Ragweed

Maroon87
04-23-2007, 03:51 PM
If Sinton66 is posting it then I know it's Creedence.

carter08
04-23-2007, 03:51 PM
I used to have to read furthur to decide

but now I automatically think Ragweed until proven wrong

although i know my ccr songs from my ccr songs

injuredinmelee
04-23-2007, 03:53 PM
i think they all need haircuts and neither is country.

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by Maroon87

lol....no joke!!

Around here Cross Canadian Ragweed is just called "Cross"....I have never heard my kids say CCR!

Old Tiger
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
lol....no joke!!

Around here Cross Canadian Ragweed is just called "Cross"....I have never heard my kids say CCR! Your a third the age of tony!

What happened to the hip RM? :p

Ranger Mom
04-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Your a third the age of tony!

I just talked about what my kids called them....what does that have to do with me??

Old Tiger
04-23-2007, 03:55 PM
I just talked about what my kids called them....what does that have to do with me?? I don't know...sometimes my fingers just get carried away!

Around central texas they are CCR

Maroon87
04-23-2007, 03:57 PM
I don't know...sometimes my fingers just get carried away!

Around central texas they are CCR

I just call 'em Ragweed.

Fotbol
04-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Isn't that a motorcycle by Honda, or Suzuki?

smustangs
04-23-2007, 04:02 PM
I know both but now days it's Cross Canadian Ragweed

same here

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 04:05 PM

True. I love me some CCR. :inlove: No Ragweed or Cross or whatever else you want to call them for me. :hand:

big daddy russ
04-23-2007, 04:08 PM
A little group of mine that touches on this exact subject.

link (http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupid=101675123&Mytoken=BF6DC3A9-4123-4D2F-9C9E8A6A8CE47DA921045634)

Ranger Mom
04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

link (http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupid=101675123&Mytoken=BF6DC3A9-4123-4D2F-9C9E8A6A8CE47DA921045634)

ROFL!!

I take it you don't like Pat Green!!:p

Adidas410s
04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

agreed

Ranger Mom
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM

Was Creedence ever considered country??

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM

:evillol: :evillol: :clap:

Bull19
04-23-2007, 04:14 PM

WAS RAGWEED EVER CONSIDERED COUNTRY??? THEY DONT CONSIDER THEMSELVES COUNTRY

Maroon87
04-23-2007, 04:14 PM
It is possible to like both CCRs, ya know? I do.

Snobs.:rolleyes: :p

injuredinmelee
04-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
WAS RAGWEED EVER CONSIDERED COUNTRY??? THEY DONT CONSIDER THEMSELVES COUNTRY

the comment never stated that they were country. Just stated that neither are or were. Maybe only one claims to be.

Bull19
04-23-2007, 04:17 PM

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 04:19 PM
It is possible to like both CCRs, ya know? I do.

Snobs.:rolleyes: :p

PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D and NO! at least, not for me. RM likes 'em both.

Maroon87
04-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D and NO! at least, not for me. RM likes 'em both.

You must've hated it at the Calallen baseball tournament, when between every other inning they played a Ragweed song on the PA system.:p

Ranger Mom
04-23-2007, 04:22 PM

Oh shucks....what do I know??

I listened to the soundtrack from Aladdin this weekend!!

Oh....and Shrek too!!:nerd:

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 04:23 PM
You must've hated it at the Calallen baseball tournament, when between every other inning they played a Ragweed song on the PA system.:p How would I know what was playing? You wouldn't stop talking! :p :p

Maroon87
04-23-2007, 04:24 PM
How would I know what was playing? You wouldn't stop talking! :p :p

That? Shoot...that was maybe my "C" game.;)

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 04:27 PM
That? Shoot...that was maybe my "C" game.;) LMAO...........nvm................

Maroon87
04-23-2007, 04:29 PM
LMAO...........nvm................

:hand: ;)

LH Panther Mom
04-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Means Creedence Clearwater Revival - I'm an old fart and probably couldn't name one song that Cross Canadian Ragweed has done. :p

Ranger Mom
04-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Means Creedence Clearwater Revival - I'm an old fart and probably couldn't name one song that Cross Canadian Ragweed has done. :p

Actually...I can only name 2 off the top of my head.

Crazy Eddie's last hurrah....only because I have to listen to my son sing it all the time.....and "Hammer down" because its the same son's ringer on my phone!!

Reds fan
04-23-2007, 04:51 PM

:clap: That's me too!

sinton66
04-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Your a third the age of tony!

She is NOT! It's 2/3.:p

sinton66
04-23-2007, 06:56 PM

No, they were rock/blues, but did a few old country tunes like "Cotton Fields" and a couple of originals written by John Fogerty like "Looking out my back door", "Long as I can see the light", and "Lookin for a reason".

"CCR" will forever be Creedance Clearwater Revival. Anybody else who comes along and uses that acronym is a pretender and is only fooling themselves.;)

carter08
04-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Actually...I can only name 2 off the top of my head.

Crazy Eddie's last hurrah....only because I have to listen to my son sing it all the time.....and "Hammer down" because its the same son's ringer on my phone!!

Crazy Eddies is a Reckless Kelly song, but they did cover it on the Billy Bob's record. So, I guess you get credit

loboes86
04-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Sorry I,m an old fart to. It's Creedence to me to. When I asked my son he said cross canadian. Amazing what 25 years will do for ya.

sinton66
04-23-2007, 07:31 PM
CCR broke up when John Fogerty bailed. Ragweed couldn't hold their jock... stop calling them CCR.

LMAO! That's a good one Russ.:D

bhtrainer
04-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Cody Canada from cross canadian ragweed is my alltime favorite... their stuff is soo good and he plays the guitar amazing

JR2004
04-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Memories of getting drunk in high school at parties and the music of choice for road trips is what it means to me. Just great music!

Mixed that in with a bit of Aerosmith, Black Sabbath and the Steve Miller Band to go along with some White Zombie, Nirvana and Pantera to balance everything out. :)

olddawggreen
04-23-2007, 08:16 PM
There is only one true CCR, Creedence Clearwater Revival, all others are just poser copy cat wanna be's:eek: :D

dogdad
04-23-2007, 08:32 PM
after Creedence shut it down, Fogarty made an album called "The Blue Ridge Rangers" and sang old Hank Williams songs......so he does have some country in him
as for me.......I'm lookin' out my back door....and I see a bad moon rising......but I am a fortunate son........and I'm a cross-tie walker, Suzy-Q

kepdawg
04-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm a young fart...and it's Creedence! :mad:

espn1
04-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
There is only one true CCR, Creedence Clearwater Revival, all others are just poser copy cat wanna be's:eek: :D Ditto That! But when your talking country The Rag weed couldn't hold George Straits Jock either.

piratebg
04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
It will always be Creeedence Clearwater Revival to me. That Crust Connecticut Seaweed country band will have to find another nickname.

espn1
04-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
It will always be Creeedence Clearwater Revival to me. That Crust Connecticut Seaweed country band will have to find another nickname. LMAO!

bhtrainer
04-23-2007, 09:29 PM
yall are all party poopers...ragweed is the best!!!!!!!!

piratebg
04-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by bhtrainer
ragweed is the best!!!!!!!!

But CCR is timeless. The ragheads just don't compare right now.

bhtrainer
04-23-2007, 09:38 PM
But CCR is timeless. The ragheads just don't compare right now.

they are not ragheads and they are way more amazin then the other CCR...i have to listen to that crap with my parents...i would much rather listen to ragweed

sinton66
04-23-2007, 09:38 PM
When Ragweed manages to sell more than five double platinum albums, then maybe they can be considered among "the best". Until then, there is only one true CCR. John Fogerty is over 60 now, and can still rock the house with the best of them. The show he did last year at the Houston Rodeo was one of the best I have ever seen him do. He is a true master of his craft. If you want to hear "the best" find yourself a copy of Fogerty's "The Long Road Home".

Doug Clifford and Stu Cook formed "CCR Revisited" and they aren't too bad either.

piratebg
04-23-2007, 09:41 PM
they are not ragheads and they are way more amazin then the other CCR...i have to listen to that crap with my parents...i would much rather listen to ragweed

You are still not listening. There is no "other" CCR, sweety. Theys just gonna have ta finds themselves some otha name cuz that ones taken.

bhtrainer
04-23-2007, 09:44 PM
You are still not listening. There is no "other" CCR, sweety. Theys just gonna have ta finds themselves some otha name cuz that ones taken.

o i am reading perfectly fine and i get that your sayin there is no other CCR...and your right there is no other CCR than ragweed!

piratebg
04-23-2007, 09:46 PM
o i am reading perfectly fine and i get that your sayin there is no other CCR...and your right there is no other CCR than ragweed!

Poor child. Doesn't respect the classics. What will we ever do with you? :dispntd:

sinton66
04-23-2007, 09:48 PM
"There are none so blind as those that will not see".

Bull19
04-23-2007, 09:50 PM
PERSONALLY WHEN I SEE CCR I THINK RAGWEED, THAT IS ONLY BECAUSE WHEN I HEAR A CREEDENCE SONG I DONT THINK CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL, I THINK FOGERTY SINCE HE WAS THE BAND

bhtrainer
04-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Poor child. Doesn't respect the classics. What will we ever do with you? :dispntd:

i like some of em...but ccr (ragweed) is like my favorite band of all time and i will defend them till the death...im actually goin to see em this weekend

piratebg
04-23-2007, 09:54 PM
i like some of em...but ccr (ragweed) is like my favorite band of all time and i will defend them till the death...im actually goin to see em this weekend

You are like 16-17 and calling them the best band of all time??? Now I don't care who ya are that's funny right there. I'm not going to call CCR, that's Creedence Clearwater Revival for you younger folks, the greatest band of all time, but they are definitely a lot higher up on that list than the Captain Cruch Revolution.

bhtrainer
04-23-2007, 09:58 PM
You are like 16-17 and calling them the best band of all time??? Now I don't care who ya are that's funny right there. I'm not going to call CCR, that's Creedence Clearwater Revival for you younger folks, the greatest band of all time, but they are definitely a lot higher up on that list than the Captain Cruch Revolution.

o yes...the real CCR (ragweed) is in fact the best band ever! cody canada plays amazing guitar and randy ragsdale makes the drums look good...they play also the best music i have ever heard!

Bull19
04-23-2007, 09:59 PM

she said ragweed is HER fav band of all time

bhtrainer
04-23-2007, 09:59 PM
and also i said they were MY favorite band of all time...they dont have to be yours...

Bull19
04-23-2007, 10:00 PM
she said ragweed is HER fav band of all time

nm that ,,,,she just dug herself a deep hole now,,,def. not the best band ever

piratebg
04-23-2007, 10:03 PM
o yes...the real CCR (ragweed) is in fact the best band ever! cody canada plays amazing guitar and randy ragsdale makes the drums look good...they play also the best music i have ever heard!

Well, IMO, I'd have to give the title of Best Band Ever to The Beatles. Best Guitarist is a hard one but I'm thinking Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton. Best drummer is even harder but I've always enjoyed Lars Ulrich. Your country boys just don't compare. Sorry.

piratebg
04-23-2007, 10:04 PM
o yes...the real CCR (ragweed) is in fact the best band ever!

She said it right here bra. :D

Bull19
04-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, IMO, I'd have to give the title of Best Band Ever to The Beatles. Best Guitarist is a hard one but I'm thinking Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton. Best drummer is even harder but I've always enjoyed Lars Ulrich. Your country boys just don't compare. Sorry.

band wise,,,,beatles def. not quesitons

guitar proly clapton,,,kinda wide open

drummer,,,cant think of his name but the guy from rush was revolutionary creating a new and unique style

i have to disagree with u on lars,,,hes very overrated,,good but shouldnt even be in the conversation of best ever

piratebg
04-23-2007, 10:08 PM
band wise,,,,beatles def. not quesitons

guitar proly clapton,,,kinda wide open

drummer,,,cant think of his name but the guy from rush was revolutionary creating a new and unique style

i have to disagree with u on lars,,,hes very overrated,,good but shouldnt even be in the conversation of best ever

I only said Lars because I'm a Metallica fan, but in all honesty it really is freakin hard, at least for me, to pick just one drummer. It's not as easy as picking a guitarist.

bhtrainer
04-23-2007, 10:09 PM

k first of all i never said u had to agree with me but in my opinion my "country boys" blow your old farts out of the water....i don't like the beatles...i will give you that jimi hendrix was the greatest guitar player...but other than that...no

sinton66
04-23-2007, 10:09 PM

Better than the Beatles: Eric Burden and the Animals.
Best guitarist : probably Jeff Beck. Second best Fogerty. Hendrix was a hack on guitar.
Best Drummer : Doug Clifford or Ginger Baker(Cream).

For SURE, Creedance was the best AMERICAN band ever (and the most successful).

Bull19
04-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Better than the Beatles: Eric Burden and the Animals.
Best guitarist : probably Jeff Beck. Second best Fogerty. Hendrix was a hack on guitar.
Best Drummer : Doug Clifford or Ginger Baker(Cream).

For SURE, Creedance was the best AMERICAN band ever (and the most successful).

most successful without a number 1 hit??????

fogerty best guitarist???? what r u smoking????

piratebg
04-23-2007, 10:15 PM
k first of all i never said u had to agree with me but in my opinion my "country boys" blow your old farts out of the water....i don't like the beatles...i will give you that jimi hendrix was the greatest guitar player...but other than that...no

Your good ole boys probably wouldn't be around if it wasn't for The Beatles and what they've done for music. Until best band ever can even accomplish half of what The Beatles of done, than this conversation is over.

Creedence Clearwater Revival is CCR. Any else who claims this name is just trying to cash in on a real bands fame and accomplishments.

sinton66
04-23-2007, 10:25 PM
most successful without a number 1 hit??????

fogerty best guitarist???? what r u smoking????

Excuse me? You know of any American band (not solo artists such as Elvis, etc.)that's sold more records than Creedance? And, I had Fogerty listed as second best, Jeff Beck was first.

Fogerty, however, is more talented in that he plays nine different instruments.

espn1
04-24-2007, 02:18 PM
CCR is awesome! But in my opinion It would have been Lynard Skynard if God wouldn't have had other plans.

Ranger Mom
04-24-2007, 02:32 PM
This thread has kind of gone off on a different direction, but my point has been made...

CCR IS Creedence Clearwater Revival to the majority of folks.
http://www.edgewise.org/Smilies/neener.gifhttp://www.edgewise.org/Smilies/neener.gif

piratebg
04-24-2007, 02:34 PM
AMEN :clap: :clap: :clap:

big daddy russ
04-24-2007, 04:50 PM
PERSONALLY WHEN I SEE CCR I THINK RAGWEED, THAT IS ONLY BECAUSE WHEN I HEAR A CREEDENCE SONG I DONT THINK CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL, I THINK FOGERTY SINCE HE WAS THE BAND
In that case you think "Cody Canada" when you hear Ragweed, right? :D

One of my all-time favorite bands is a band that's in the same genre as Ragweed. Technically, they're known as "red dirt music." They used to be a great band. Drew tons of fans, were one of the big things in the Texas scene. As big as Roger Creager back then. Bigger, at the time, than Ragweed. Then their lead singer, a big-time druggee named Mike McClure, bailed on them.

They still play and they still draw a crowd up north, but they're not anything close to what they used to be.

Unless we're talking about Van Halen, the lead singer's always the band.

Bull19
04-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Unless we're talking about Van Halen, the lead singer's always the band.

???? beatles, stones, bon jovi, union station (bluegrass), little texas (country)

i can name more bands where the lead singer isnt responsible for everything if u want me to

IHStangFan
04-24-2007, 06:29 PM
both, but I usually refer to Cross Canadian Ragweed as "Cross"

carter08
04-24-2007, 06:29 PM
???? beatles, stones, bon jovi, union station (bluegrass), little texas (country)

i can name more bands where the lead singer isnt responsible for everything if u want me to

the beatles would have been nothing if any of the members had quit.

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2007, 06:34 PM

i can name more bands where the lead singer isnt responsible for everything if u want me to :doh: I thought Bon Jovi was pretty much about John Bon Jovi. :confused: :thinking:

Bull19
04-24-2007, 06:37 PM
:doh: I thought Bon Jovi was pretty much about John Bon Jovi. :confused: :thinking:

well most of their songs are co-written,,,john and their guitar player,,cant think of his name right now

LH Panther Mom
04-24-2007, 06:39 PM
well most of their songs are co-written,,,john and their guitar player,,cant think of his name right now Oh, gotcha! I wasn't thinking so much writing as I was singing. Makes sense now. :)

big daddy russ
04-24-2007, 06:43 PM
:doh: I thought Bon Jovi was pretty much about John Bon Jovi. :confused: :thinking:
They are. Union Station is a non-vocal band (although since the late-80's they've come to be known as "ALLISON KRAUSS and Union Station") and Little Texas pretty much died after Rushlow (lead singer) and Seals took off.

You're right about the Beatles, but go on with a few more examples.

Bull19
04-24-2007, 07:07 PM
They are. Union Station is a non-vocal band (although since the late-80's they've come to be known as "ALLISON KRAUSS and Union Station") and Little Texas pretty much died after Rushlow (lead singer) and Seals took off.

You're right about the Beatles, but go on with a few more examples.

the eagles, zz top, the grascals, rush

big daddy russ
04-24-2007, 07:19 PM
the eagles, zz top, the grascals, rush
Good call on ZZ Top and The Eagles. Don't know much if anything about the Grascals (or are you trying to say the Rascals... may just be a misspell... either way, don't know much about them) or Rush.

bhtrainer
04-24-2007, 09:04 PM
i still think Ragweed is the real CCR...

Gobbla2001
04-24-2007, 10:28 PM
to me it doesn't mean Revival anymore, doesn't mean Ragweed, doesn't mean both and doesn't mean nothing, what it means to me is that a younger generation (in which I happen to be a part of) doesn't have respect for a band that has not only left it's mark in music, but that has inspired many to play music...

Nothing against Ragweed, but if they could hold a candle up to Revival (CCR), it'd be blown out by the A-Minor first strummed in "Have you ever seen the rain"...

Not the biggest CCR (Revival, it's sad I have to even explain) fan of all time, but if I could chose what EVERYONE views "CCR" as it'd be Revival...

Gobbla2001
04-24-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm a day late and a dollar short on this thread, but it is funny you posted this thread yesterday (funnier if it were today) because this day in 1945 the bass player and drummer for CCR were born...

Revival that is...

sinton66
04-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Doug Clifford (drummer) was indeed born on April 24. Stu Cook (Bass player) was born on the 25th.

Gobbla2001
04-24-2007, 11:04 PM
well just so you know, I just copied and pasted pretty much

scroll down, on the left...

http://www.galleywinter.com/main/Forums/viewforum/f=12.html

Gobbla2001
04-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
what it means to me is that a younger generation (in which I happen to be a part of) doesn't have respect for a band that has not only left it's mark in music, but that has inspired many to play music...

but you know what makes me even more sick? robbing someone else's originality...

I'm not sure as to whether or not Revival said "hey fans, shorten it to CCR it's catchier" back in the day or not, but either way that's THEIR deal... I can understand a band having people call them that and saying "okay okay, we appreciate it but that's their name, not our's", but going along with it is just as chicken-@#$% as suggesting people use it...

how about this poll:

"How popular would cROSS cANADIAN rAGWEED be without CCR?"

sinton66
04-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
well just so you know, I just copied and pasted pretty much

scroll down, on the left...

http://www.galleywinter.com/main/Forums/viewforum/f=12.html

Even though Cook was technically the day after, in truth, they were born only a matter of hours apart.;)