PDA

View Full Version : I hate having a sick child.

JasperDog94
04-23-2007, 10:27 AM
She's been throwing up for 2 days now.:(

I wish I could trade places and it be me that's sick. It's the worst feeling ever to have a sick child and there's nothing that you can do about it.:( :( :(

BuffyMars
04-23-2007, 10:39 AM
This brings a story to mind. I found out a few years ago that when I was young and would have friends sleepover....my mom would feed me benedryl to knock me out.

If it wasn't so damn funny, I might actually be mad. But I don't blame her, I was a rambunctious child.

AP Panther Fan
04-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Sorry she isn't feeling well. Hopefully, she will be on the mend and it is one of those 24 hour things.

My daughter has been sick all weekend too. She has congestion, coughing, sore throat etc....I wish I could trade places with her too. It is hard to know when exactly to take them to the doctor. She isn't running fever and her throat doesn't appear to be infected yet, just sore.

I feel bad if I don't take her and then I worry about making her immune to antiobiotics when I do.:(

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Sorry she isn't feeling well. Hopefully, she will be on the mend and it is one of those 24 hour things.

My daughter has been sick all weekend too. She has congestion, coughing, sore throat etc....I wish I could trade places with her too. It is hard to know when exactly to take them to the doctor. She isn't running fever and her throat doesn't appear to be infected yet, just sore.

I feel bad if I don't take her and then I worry about making her immune to antiobiotics when I do.:(

Awwwwwwwwwww - which one is sick? :(

I know exactly how they feel.

JD - I'm sorry your daughter is sick. Poor thing.

Spray lots of Lysol around. Don't want the other kiddos getting sick too or YOU!!!

AP Panther Fan
04-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Awwwwwwwwwww - which one is sick? :(

I know exactly how they feel.

Your buddy Ashton. :(

Buffy, my kids have had a few unnecessary doses of benedryl in the past. With us, it was always just before a long road trip.;)

Amazing how effective it is.

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 11:22 AM

Buffy, my kids have had a few unnecessary doses of benedryl in the past. With us, it was always just before a long road trip.;)

Oh no!! :( Poor thing! Tell her I hope she feels better soon.

CHS_CG
04-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I know how yall feel.. when Taylor is sick she really cant tell me whats goin on so I feel awful. I always take her to the doctor but it usually ends up just being a viral thing and they cant do anything about it. Shes even been running a 102.5 fever b4 and all they could tell me was if it got up to 103 to bring her back in.

Ranger Mom
04-23-2007, 01:41 PM

Benedryl has the opposite effect on my middle child.....can you say "bouncing off the walls?"

Or.....HAD anyway, he's 19 now!!:D