PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions

bearcat1
01-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Takin my best friend out for her birthday in a couple Fridays. Anyone have any suggestions? Dallas or Fort Worth is the area, though we could hit Austin by about 9pm. And I can only lay out about 50 dollars!

bc

<small>[ January 25, 2004, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: bearcat1 ]</small>

Old Tiger
01-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Go to a Red Lobster.

jason
01-25-2004, 09:57 PM
bearcat1:
Takin my best friend out for her birthday in a couple Fridays. Anyone have any suggestions? Dallas or Fort Worth is the area, though we could hit Austin by about 9pm. And I can only lay out about 50 dollars!

bcwell in dallas i would recommend a place called the Clubhouse..if you go to Austin, check out Joy or Sugars... :D :D :D
i reckon a nice restaurant would be nice too, lol...

<small>[ January 25, 2004, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

vet93
01-25-2004, 10:06 PM
I like the Sundance Square area of Ft. Worth. They always have some live music or something going on fridays and weekends. Several good places to eat (Razzoo's for cajun, Texas de Brazil for Brazillian meat and awesome gourmet salad bar, Billy Miners, Del Frisco's and I am sure there are some others). There are also some clubs in the area if you like that sort of thing. Can go get a coffee at the Starbucks in Barnes and Noble.

District303aPastPlayer
01-25-2004, 10:11 PM
DEEP ELLUM

Old Tiger
01-25-2004, 10:50 PM
jason:

bearcat1:

bcwell in dallas i would recommend a place called the Clubhouse..if you go to Austin, check out Joy or Sugars... :D :D :D
i reckon a nice restaurant would be nice too, lol...Joy, lol :D :D

<small>[ January 25, 2004, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Old Tiger ]</small>

lepfan
01-25-2004, 11:57 PM
JASON!!!!! eek! ....no bearcat don't go to Sugars...

SintonFan
01-26-2004, 02:19 AM
I can just now hear an ex co-worker say "Shurr-gersss!" Everytime we passed by the one in SA he'd say that and rave about their T-bone steak at lunch. LOL :D
He tried to get me there on our anniversary! I refused out of respect for my wife.

<small>[ January 26, 2004, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

VWG
01-26-2004, 07:24 AM
vet93:
I like the Sundance Square area of Ft. Worth. They always have some live music or something going on fridays and weekends. Several good places to eat (Razzoo's for cajun, Texas de Brazil for Brazillian meat and awesome gourmet salad bar, Billy Miners, Del Frisco's and I am sure there are some others). There are also some clubs in the area if you like that sort of thing. Can go get a coffee at the Starbucks in Barnes and Noble.Tejas de Brazil and Del Frisco's for $50... you must just be having the salad Vet93!
I don't think you can get out of those two places for less than $75.
I agree though, Sundance Square is a great place for entertainment value, restaurants, etc...
I've always enjoyed Pappadeaux's over in Arlington, Dallas(NW Hwy & 35), or there is a new one off 67 in Cedar Hill.

Matthew328
01-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Sundance Square is always good..I kinda like Cabo Grande or Uno Pizzaria and Bar...

Phil C
01-26-2004, 09:42 AM
How about a high school basketball game on Friday night some where and then eat at Whataburgher afterward. A great night and date. :)

vet93
01-26-2004, 09:46 AM
You are so right about the price...Maybe just one of them could eat! I took my wife to Tejas de Brazil the other day and I think that it was $37 per plate...I was a little skeptical...but it was a unique dining experience and would do it again. Uno's pizzeria is good and there is a movie theatre next door.

VWG:

vet93:
I like the Sundance Square area of Ft. Worth. They always have some live music or something going on fridays and weekends. Several good places to eat (Razzoo's for cajun, Texas de Brazil for Brazillian meat and awesome gourmet salad bar, Billy Miners, Del Frisco's and I am sure there are some others). There are also some clubs in the area if you like that sort of thing. Can go get a coffee at the Starbucks in Barnes and Noble.Tejas de Brazil and Del Frisco's for $50... you must just be having the salad Vet93!
I don't think you can get out of those two places for less than $75.
I agree though, Sundance Square is a great place for entertainment value, restaurants, etc...
I've always enjoyed Pappadeaux's over in Arlington, Dallas(NW Hwy & 35), or there is a new one off 67 in Cedar Hill.

District303aPastPlayer
01-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Uno's was great. the movie theatre is big next door. Walking along in Ft Worth was great. A couple of blocks away, near a big Barnes and Noble, there is a nice outdoor club. If you just lounge around the area, it is real nice.

bearcat1
01-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Ok, well, Sundance Square is sounding like that will be the place. She likes cajun food a lot, I think I have settled on Razoos. I'll just let her decide what she wants to go and do after. Hopefully the word club won't come up because I'm still tryin not to smoke!

What she'd really like is a man, LOL, but I can't deliver that so she'll have to settle for some creole!

Ok, now I gotta ask. What is Joy's??

bc

jason
01-26-2004, 07:09 PM
bearcat1:
Ok, well, Sundance Square is sounding like that will be the place. She likes cajun food a lot, I think I have settled on Razoos. I'll just let her decide what she wants to go and do after. Hopefully the word club won't come up because I'm still tryin not to smoke!

What she'd really like is a man, LOL, but I can't deliver that so she'll have to settle for some creole!

Ok, now I gotta ask. What is Joy's??

bclol....entertainment for men... :D :D :D

Old Tiger
01-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Don't forget Penthouse Gentlemens Club

jason
01-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Old Tiger:
Don't forget Penthouse Gentlemens Clubvery nice

poncho
01-26-2004, 08:50 PM
You might try a comedy house, everybody can use a little laughter in their lives. :D

jason
01-26-2004, 10:02 PM
poncho:
You might try a comedy house, everybody can use a little laughter in their lives. :D the improv is good...

Old Tiger
01-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Hooters has good buffalo wings