PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Tiger Freshman.....

Dogman_1969
04-22-2007, 12:33 PM
The Rockdale Freshman closed out their athletic season on the road in a double header baseball game in Liberty Hill on Saturday. Despite what you hear about Tiger athletics from some "Jokers" on here great things are happening in Rockdale Sports in both Boys and Girls athletics.

Here is a short rundown on what the Freshman boys accomplished this season.

Football 9-1 District Co-Champions (24-1-1 overall)
Basketball 6-2 District Co-Champions (can't remember overall record)
Baseball 14-4-1 District Champions (3 losses and the tie were against Jv and 4A & 5A teams)

From all the parents and fans here in Rockdale, we are proud of you guys and our coaching staff. You all did a great job.

And as Ric Flair says.... WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Gobbla2001
04-22-2007, 12:38 PM
is that joker even from Rockdale? represent Rockdale in any way???

you have some very impressive 14 and 15 year olds in Rockdale...

Bull19
04-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
The Rockdale Freshman closed out their athletic season on the road in a double header baseball game in Liberty Hill on Saturday. Despite what you hear about Tiger athletics from some "Jokers" on here great things are happening in Rockdale Sports in both Boys and Girls athletics.

Here is a short rundown on what the Freshman boys accomplished this season.

Football 9-1 District Co-Champions (24-1-1 overall)
Basketball 6-2 District Co-Champions (can't remember overall record)
Baseball 14-4-1 District Champions (3 losses and the tie were against Jv and 4A & 5A teams)

From all the parents and fans here in Rockdale, we are proud of you guys and our coaching staff. You all did a great job.

And as Ric Flair says.... WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

thats fine and dandy but you dont win state championships or district titles or playoff spots with freshman athletic competition

Pudlugger
04-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
thats fine and dandy but you dont win state championships or district titles or playoff spots with freshman athletic competition

La Grange won State in 2001 behind freshman ace pitcher Homer Bailey defeating Forney in the title game. Homer and the LEPS came back in 2004 to repeat against Forney as a senior. Oh yeah, the LEPS beat Forney in the final in football that year (2000) as well. :D

Bull19
04-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
La Grange won State in 2001 behind freshman ace pitcher Homer Bailey defeating Forney in the title game. Homer and the LEPS came back in 2004 to repeat against Forney as a senior. Oh yeah, the LEPS beat Forney in the final in football that year (2000) as well.

i said freshman athletic competition,,,homer was playing on varsity:rolleyes:

txhsfball
04-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Just heard about an addition to this freshmen class that will come in and make a big impact in about 4 sports next year. great news for the Tigers

Dogman_1969
04-22-2007, 09:06 PM
i said freshman athletic competition,,,homer was playing on varsity:rolleyes:

You are partially correct Bull. My post was to kind of clear the air so to speak.

From the tone of your post you led me to believe that you think a 3-7 group is just as good as a 9-1 group.

Look forward to the near future.

And yes there is a transfer coming in that will just make that group tougher..........

maestro
04-22-2007, 09:41 PM
what impresses me is that obviously this group PLAYS THE SPORT THAT IS IN SEASON and refuses just to " go home on the bell".

i congrat the coaching staff and parents on that one...

thewyliefan
04-22-2007, 09:43 PM
i never really put much into freshman sports. the wylie team that won state went 0-10 as freshman in football.

Darren
04-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
i never really put much into freshman sports. the wylie team that won state went 0-10 as freshman in football.

I agree... Some of those players will move decide not to play anymore or not continue to improve physically.

I't like saying that because the triple A Roundrock Express are doing well the astros will be great in the next couple of years. There is no way of Knowing that.

Dogman_1969
04-23-2007, 09:08 AM
You can't compare the Astros. It's a proven fact that MLB penants have been won with players that were Astros at one time but for some reason the Astros had to let them go or trade them due to some reason or another.

Remember what Mack Brown said 2 years before they won the National Title about recruiting rankings. He said that ratings didn't win games but he would much rather be rated #1 than #50.

This group also had to endure some trials and have some other players "Cowboy Up" so to speak. The football team had to replace their starting QB after the third game (he was moved up to varsity due to a lack of depth there) and the basketball team went through a stretch where we were missing 3 starters for 3 of the 8 district basketball games. No excuses or wining from these guys, they just "Cowboyed Up" and played........

Don't read anything to my post other than just facts as to how this group did this past sports year. I didn't predict any records for future years, just stated the future is bright.

Johnny Utah
04-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Congrats on a great season and to the upcoming future of Tiger athletics.

Milk That Cow
04-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by txhsfball
Just heard about an addition to this freshmen class that will come in and make a big impact in about 4 sports next year. great news for the Tigers

Where did this freshman move in from and what position will he play?

Dogman_1969
04-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Haven't heard but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get several in the near future with the construction at the plant in town.

Johnny Utah
04-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Nothing like getting move in's that can play!!! Would be nice!!! Hoops coach???

87 TIGER
04-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Nothing like getting move in's that can play!!! Would be nice!!! Hoops coach??? You may have hit the nail on the head