PDA

View Full Version : I dont get it......Manor above LG????

LG_DB
10-21-2003, 07:46 PM
The Austin American Statesman has Manor ranked one spot ahead of La Grange in the 3a-1a centex rankings even though La Grange beat Manor, someone help me out here.

keepNitKrunk
10-21-2003, 07:47 PM
DB ahhah

Gobbla2001
10-21-2003, 07:48 PM
The Austin American Statesman... 'nuff said about the ranking problem...

LG_DB
10-21-2003, 07:52 PM
Whats so funny????

Pudlugger
10-21-2003, 08:06 PM
LG-DB good to see you back on the boards. Don't worry about that poll just go out there Friday and beat Giddings. Yall will move right up the polls if yall keep winning. Great game against Elgin, now go take the game to Giddings. :)

tomthall
10-21-2003, 08:07 PM
yeah DB get it

LG_DB
10-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Yeah its been awhile, but anyway back to the subject. We've had two great practices this week so far (mon. tues. of course). The polls dont scare us, a good example was the LG at Manor game. They picked us to loose that game but LG does well under adversity. We are hoping not to have any adversity this week as we go into Giddings, but no matter what the rankings the LG and Giddings game always seems to be a good one. Hope to see yall at the game friday.

backer24
10-24-2003, 01:23 PM
i give my props to la grange but they had no run game against us. they completly avoided running the ball in the second half. they had a lot of catches( awsome qb, and recievers) but if we played again i think the outcome would be different. it was an intense game and hope we get to play again in the playoffs, good luck

backer 24

Manor all the way
10-24-2003, 02:20 PM
AHHHH,
dont get mad. U only have one main player and its your quarterback he cant do it by himself.

Pudlugger
10-24-2003, 02:58 PM
backer24:
i give my props to la grange but they had no run game against us. they completly avoided running the ball in the second half. they had a lot of catches( awsome qb, and recievers) but if we played again i think the outcome would be different. it was an intense game and hope we get to play again in the playoffs, good luck

backer 24La Grange beat Manor in all stats, first downs, rushing yardage, passing yardage and points and they did it in Manor's stadium. Just so you understand a good offense is a balanced one. One that can move the chains either on the ground or if that doesn't work, in the air. La Grange would win again if they ever met, which they won't 'cause yall are going DI and LG DII. Good luck the rest of the way. :)

Pudlugger
10-24-2003, 03:02 PM
Manor all the way:
AHHHH,
dont get mad. U only have one main player and its your quarterback he cant do it by himself.Congratulations on the lamest post I have come by in some time. Seems to me Anderle did it already and had some help from about 10 other supporting players, like his line and receivers!!! :rolleyes:

johnhenryfaulk
10-24-2003, 03:37 PM
don't feel too bad. Hutto was ranked 8th until they lost to Elgin 35-3.....

johnhenryfaulk
10-24-2003, 03:39 PM
they are more Statesman readers in Manor(8 miles out of Austin) than in LaGrange....Keeping their readers happy.....

Mustang '89
10-24-2003, 03:55 PM
johnhenryfaulk:
they are more Statesman readers in Manor(8 miles out of Austin) than in LaGrange....Keeping their readers happy.....I don't think that's the reason. I think it is based on the records.

Pudlugger
10-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Mustang '89:

johnhenryfaulk:
they are more Statesman readers in Manor(8 miles out of Austin) than in LaGrange....Keeping their readers happy.....I don't think that's the reason. I think it is based on the records.C'mon Mustang89, La Grange beat Manor heads up and their schedule was much more difficult than Manor's (Yoakum, Sealy, Gonzales(When Grey was still playing for them) vs. Travis, Del Valle, Lanier)...Luling was the only potential playoff team Manor had played up to when they ran into La Grange and that was a squeeker. We all support our own teams, but be reasonable at least. Good luck the rest of the way though 'cause I want to see yall succeed, really. :)

Mustang '89
10-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Pudlugger:

Mustang '89:

johnhenryfaulk:
they are more Statesman readers in Manor(8 miles out of Austin) than in LaGrange....Keeping their readers happy.....I don't think that's the reason. I think it is based on the records.C'mon Mustang89, La Grange beat Manor heads up and their schedule was much more difficult than Manor's (Yoakum, Sealy, Gonzales(When Grey was still playing for them) vs. Travis, Del Valle, Lanier)...Luling was the only potential playoff team Manor had played up to when they ran into La Grange and that was a squeeker. We all support our own teams, but be reasonable at least. Good luck the rest of the way though 'cause I want to see yall succeed, really. :) Don't get me wrong Pud, I'm just saying that the AAS is probably not looking at the teams as we do. They are just simply looking at the records.
They never even gave Manor any front page press until they got beat by LG. That's why I said it has nothing to do with Manor's proximity to Austin. It is more likely to be uninformed journalist.

<small>[ October 24, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Mustang '89 ]</small>

Pudlugger
10-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Mustang '89:

Pudlugger:

Mustang '89:

johnhenryfaulk:
they are more Statesman readers in Manor(8 miles out of Austin) than in LaGrange....Keeping their readers happy.....I don't think that's the reason. I think it is based on the records.C'mon Mustang89, La Grange beat Manor heads up and their schedule was much more difficult than Manor's (Yoakum, Sealy, Gonzales(When Grey was still playing for them) vs. Travis, Del Valle, Lanier)...Luling was the only potential playoff team Manor had played up to when they ran into La Grange and that was a squeeker. We all support our own teams, but be reasonable at least. Good luck the rest of the way though 'cause I want to see yall succeed, really. :) Don't get me wrong Pud, I'm just saying that the AAS is probably not looking at the teams as we do. They are just simply looking at the records.
They never even gave Manor any front page press until they got beat by LG. That's why I said it has nothing to do with Manor's proximity to Austin. It is more likely to be uninformed journalist.Okay, I guess i sort of flew off the handle as my Mom used to say. Good luck against Hutto and especially against Elgin. I really want to see Manor win that one. :)

Mustang '89
10-24-2003, 05:45 PM
I think the Leps are going to have a suprisingly easy time against Giddings tonight.