PDA

View Full Version : How many aggys does it take to change a lightbulb?

Emerson1
04-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Three

One to remove the bulb

One to write a song about it

and one to make it a tradition

:p

smustangs
04-21-2007, 03:19 PM
and another to spell aggies right haha

Bulldog_12
04-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Only one. 7'0 Center Deandre Jordan could change it by himself and without a ladder.

HippoBaseball05
04-21-2007, 03:59 PM
How many aggys does it take to change a lightbulb?

No wonder you scored a '6' on the Wunderlic.

FWIW, I know exactly how many John Deere carts it takes to haul off a QB with a 'stinger'.

That would be 1.

Emerson1
04-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
No wonder you scored a '6' on the Wunderlic.

FWIW, I know exactly how many John Deere carts it takes to haul off a QB with a 'stinger'.

That would be 1.
The wunderlic? At least I spelled aggie wrong on purpose to be annoying

And how did I score a 6 on a test given out to NFL prospects? Last I check I am skinny and slow

FWIW? Did you make that up or something?

How soon you forget Michael Goodson getting carried off in the 45-10 loss to Cal.

You don't wanna get me rolling, just ask steer fever.:kiss:

HippoBaseball05
04-21-2007, 04:23 PM
The wunderlic? At least I spelled aggie wrong on purpose to be annoying

I guess the "annoying" part was lost on me and my lack of sense of humor. As far as the spelling of 'Wonderlic', ya got me. Spelling smack is usually the sure sign of defeat.

And how did I score a 6 on a test given out to NFL prospects? Last I check I am skinny and slow

What?

FWIW? Did you make that up or something?

Make what up?

How soon you forget Michael Goodson getting carried off in the 45-10 loss to Cal.

I'd prefer to remember Goodson torching your supposed #1 rushing defense around the right end for a score in the 12-7 win at Darrel K. Royal - Joe Jamail Field - Taco Bell Concession Stand - Tarell Brown Shooting Range Stadium.

:clap:

Txbroadcaster
04-21-2007, 04:28 PM
As far as the spelling of 'Wonderlic', ya got me. Spelling smack is usually the sure sign of defeat.

Well since you brought up the spelling of aggies first then does that mean you was showing the sure sign of defeat first?

HippoBaseball05
04-21-2007, 04:31 PM
I had an accidental keystroke....

Raplh Waldo admitted he was trying to be funny, annoying, or whatever....

hth

Emerson1
04-21-2007, 04:34 PM
I guess the "annoying" part was lost on me and my lack of sense of humor. As far as the spelling of 'Wonderlic', ya got me. Spelling smack is usually the sure sign of defeat.
It's making fun of the 'TU' thing that a&m prides itself on doing.

Spelling smack? You pointed out 'aggy' first you moron. Nice try though

What?
You said that I scored a 6 on the wonderlic test. How do I score a 6 on a test given out to only NFL prospects?

I'd prefer to remember Goodson torching your supposed #1 rushing defense around the right end for a score in the 12-7 win at Darrel K. Royal - Joe Jamail Field - Taco Bell Concession Stand - Tarell Brown Shooting Range Stadium.
Texas never had the #1 rushing defense, Michigan did. If you ask any Texas fan they will tell you how overrated the defense was. A&M swears it was a good defense like in 05. They had the ability to clog up the middle, but everyone knew the linebackers were slow and couldn't contain the outside. Even then a&m only scored 12 points.

kthxbai

HippoBaseball05
04-21-2007, 04:42 PM
smack? You pointed out 'aggy' first you moron. Nice try though

Okay. Derrogatory name calling. Second sign of frustration.

You said that I scored a 6 on the wonderlic test. How do I score a 6 on a test given out to only NFL prospects?

That's why I asked if you were really 'Radio' posting on here.

If you ask any Texas fan they will tell you how overrated the defense was.

Is this a serious statement?

Even then a&m only scored 12 points.

Which was five more than the sippies scored.

t.u. scored only 7 points against A&M's defense that y'all were ripping at the start of the season when we hired Gary Darnell.

Scoreboard.

crzyjournalist03
04-21-2007, 04:45 PM

t.u. scored only 7 points against A&M's defense that y'all were ripping at the start of the season when we hired Gary Darnell.

Scoreboard.

It's posts like this that make me, as an individual who has no rooting interest either way, hope that Texas A&M never defeats Texas again in any sport.

HippoBaseball05
04-21-2007, 04:49 PM
That's okay.

I'm sure the t.u. bandwagon is already filled to the brim with those looking to latch onto a team when things are going good.

I remember buying football tickets to t.u. games when I was a kid for $5 from Albertsons because they stank so bad.

I also remember tons of 'fans' like you that wanted to leech onto the Aggie bandwagon in the late 80's to mid 90's.

Emerson1
04-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Okay. Derrogatory name calling. Second sign of frustration.

Second sign? Where was the first? I do this all the time, I am pretty cool right now.

That's why I asked if you were really 'Radio' posting on here.
Uhm, no you didn't . Nice try though

Is this a serious statement?
Yes. The defense was horrible this year. I could go on and on about the flaws that were shown all season. I am just glad a&m has no passing game what so ever.

Scoreboard.
I wasn't surprised when Texas lost. It was a depleted Texas team versus a team who's season all depends on this one game.

crzyjournalist03
04-21-2007, 04:54 PM
That's okay.

I'm sure the t.u. bandwagon is already filled to the brim with those looking to latch onto a team when things are going good.

I remember buying football tickets to t.u. games when I was a kid for $5 from Albertsons because they stank so bad.

I also remember tons of 'fans' like you that wanted to leech onto the Aggie bandwagon in the late 80's to mid 90's.

and what's so wrong with supporting ALL things Texas???

HippoBaseball05
04-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Uhm, no you didn't . Nice try though

Check the post subject from my first post.

I am just glad a&m has no passing game what so ever.

Darn shame that you couldn't beat our 'one dimensional offense'.

I wasn't surprised when Texas lost. It was a depleted Texas team versus a team who's season all depends on this one game.

Wow. I guess y'all just couldn't get up for the game. I mean, the Big XII title game wasn't on the line or anything, right?

:rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-21-2007, 05:03 PM
It's people who engage in petty bickering like this that make both schools look bad.

carter08
04-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Closed in 3, 2, 1

HippoBaseball05
04-21-2007, 05:06 PM
......I'm one of those Ags that are 'all or nothing as far as school loyalty goes.

I will never, never, never, never root for the sips in anything no matter what.

BTW, nice tackle on the opening kickoff in the M&W game!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-21-2007, 05:07 PM
......I'm one of those Ags that are 'all or nothing as far as school loyalty goes.

Well, I'll argue with a fencepost if I think it will accomplish anything, but not with Emerson1. Thanks, were you there?

carter08
04-21-2007, 05:10 PM

Since when does school loyalty involve petty bickering

HippoBaseball05
04-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Sure I was there...

We were sittting right next to the recruits and parents sections on about the 30 yd line fifteen rows up.

I always like to keep tabs on former district guys like you and Kociuba that are Ags.

crzyjournalist03
04-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It's people who engage in petty bickering like this that make both schools look bad.

Amen! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Go Baylor! :D ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Sure I was there...

We were sittting right next to the recruits and parents sections on about the 30 yd line fifteen rows up.

I always like to keep tabs on former district guys like you and Kociuba that are Ags.

Good ol' TK. That guy has a lot of heart.

HippoBaseball05
04-21-2007, 05:16 PM
I talked to him for a while before the Baylor game in Waco. He noticed my son and I wearing our Hutto baseball hats and had to ask about the Hutto - L.H. game....

Good kid!

turbostud
04-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Just for your info the "wunderlic" is not just given out to NFL prospects. I had to take it during a job interview.
I passed and got the job. :cool:

JJ7997
04-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Amen! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Go Baylor! :D ;)

:doh: :crazy: :crazy:

3afan
04-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Three

One to remove the bulb

One to write a song about it

and one to make it a tradition

:p

actually, IMO, thats pretty good ...

:cool:

crzyjournalist03
04-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
actually, IMO, thats pretty good ...

:cool:

shh!!! Don't feed his ego...(I actually thought it was funny too)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
shh!!! Don't feed his ego...(I actually thought it was funny too)

Me too, but I didn't quite get the song part of it. Writing a yell would have been more appropriate if you ask me.

Emerson1
04-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Me too, but I didn't quite get the song part of it. Writing a yell would have been more appropriate if you ask me.
Yelling is just what you call bad singing.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Yelling is just what you call bad singing.

That has to be one of the most stupid statements I have ever heard.

Emerson1
04-21-2007, 09:38 PM
It's a true statement. If someone is trying to sing and they suck, it just sounds like they are yelling along with a beat.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-21-2007, 09:39 PM
It's a true statement. If someone is trying to sing and they suck, it just sounds like they are yelling along with a beat.

No, what was stupid is that you think we're trying to sing.

JasperDog94
04-21-2007, 10:04 PM

That would be 1. Real classy.:rolleyes:

Do you also support late hits and players that get thrown out of games?

You, my friend, give Aggies a bad name.

Emerson1
04-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Real classy.:rolleyes:

You, my friend, give Aggies a bad name.
I expect it out of someone my age. Not out of an old guy.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-21-2007, 11:12 PM

That situation is up for debate anytime you would like, but I prefer we just let it go and not bring it up anymore.

JasperDog94
04-21-2007, 11:54 PM
That situation is up for debate anytime you would like, but I prefer we just let it go and not bring it up anymore. Please understand that I had the utmost respect for the Aggie football program. I always rooted for them when they weren't playing Texas. After that play and Coach Fran let that kid play in the bowl game, I lost all respect for him. I will never root for A&M again as long as he is the head coach.

I saw the play live and on replay. Dirty hit pure and simple. Players saw it as such, coaches saw it as such, and refs saw it as such.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Please understand that I had the utmost respect for the Aggie football program. I always rooted for them when they weren't playing Texas. After that play and Coach Fran let that kid play in the bowl game, I lost all respect for him. I will never root for A&M again as long as he is the head coach.

I saw the play live and on replay. Dirty hit pure and simple. Players saw it as such, coaches saw it as such, and refs saw it as such.

I also saw it just as you did. Apparently we see it differently though, and let's just leave it at that. I think that the way ABC showed the replay, yes, it's going to look dirty, but just because that is the way they showed it doesn't mean that is the way that it happened. I saw it as McCoy running down the field to make a play on the football and Kellen was making sure he wasn't going to make the play. In practice, we are taught to go for the quarterback when a pass is intercepted, and he's just doing what he was taught. The only people who will really know if the whistle was blown before, during, or after the hit took place are the official who blew the whistle and the players who heard it. As a player, he was doing what he was taught to do, and when you're in a stadium with almost 100,000 people yelling and you don't necessarily hear the whistle, but see a player running towards the football, you do what you're taught. You may be right, it may have been late, and he may have heard the whistle blow and done it to injure McCoy, but until I see irrefutable evidence that this is the case, then I'm going to treat it as a call that I don't agree with and I'm not going to pass judgment on Kellen. I will say that Kellen is a big, dumb idiot and very capable of doing something as malicious as that, but he's my teammate and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Your argument does hold great merit, and I can see where it comes from, and I just don't agree.

HippoBaseball05
04-22-2007, 12:08 AM
I'll bet when Cart McCoy throws a pick in the future he won't be unbuckling his chinstrap prior to the whistle ending the play.

As for Heard's hit, it was questionable judgement at best. But as BBDE said, you're taught that on 'D' when the offense turns the ball over via a fumble or an int, they become the 'D themselves.

:doh:

JasperDog94
04-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Cart McCoy Again, very classy.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
04-22-2007, 12:11 AM
I also saw it just as you did. Apparently we see it differently though, and let's just leave it at that. I think that the way ABC showed the replay, yes, it's going to look dirty, but just because that is the way they showed it doesn't mean that is the way that it happened. I saw it as McCoy running down the field to make a play on the football and Kellen was making sure he wasn't going to make the play. In practice, we are taught to go for the quarterback when a pass is intercepted, and he's just doing what he was taught. The only people who will really know if the whistle was blown before, during, or after the hit took place are the official who blew the whistle and the players who heard it. As a player, he was doing what he was taught to do, and when you're in a stadium with almost 100,000 people yelling and you don't necessarily hear the whistle, but see a player running towards the football, you do what you're taught. You may be right, it may have been late, and he may have heard the whistle blow and done it to injure McCoy, but until I see irrefutable evidence that this is the case, then I'm going to treat it as a call that I don't agree with and I'm not going to pass judgment on Kellen. I will say that Kellen is a big, dumb idiot and very capable of doing something as malicious as that, but he's my teammate and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Your argument does hold great merit, and I can see where it comes from, and I just don't agree. I respect your opinion. I'm just going off of what I saw and what the officials did.

RMAC
04-22-2007, 12:13 AM
I'll bet when Cart McCoy throws a pick in the future he won't be unbuckling his chinstrap prior to the whistle ending the play.

As for Heard's hit, it was questionable judgement at best. But as BBDE said, you're taught that on 'D' when the offense turns the ball over via a fumble or an int, they become the 'D themselves.

:doh:

Yeah, well he might've got taken off the field. . . but you're going to get your butt handed to you in November. And when UT wins another Big XII championship, I'm sure can take some solace in that.

JJ7997
04-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Stick a fork in this one. :rolleyes:

smustangs
04-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Stick a fork in this one. :rolleyes:

yep its just a matter of time

HippoBaseball05
04-22-2007, 12:19 AM
but you're going to get your ass handed to you in November.

Funny, I heard those exact words leading up to t+1 last year from all of my sip friends.

Chill guys, it's just a football game, remember?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Yeah, well he might've got taken off the field. . . but you're going to get your ass handed to you in November. And when UT wins another Big XII championship, I'm sure can take some solace in that.

If you have a problem with the words and actions of one poster, deal with them, not with talking down and wishing bad luck on teams with people on them who have done nothing to you, i.e. me...

HippoBaseball05
04-22-2007, 12:21 AM
Amen bro.....

RMAC
04-22-2007, 01:12 AM
So wait, he can come on here and talk crap about McCoy and the UT program, but I say the same thing back from a completely unbiased standpoint, and I'm the one who's out of line? Come on Gary, you're more reasonable than that. I like you. You're my favorite Aggie on the board and you know I'm not condeming the ATM football program or wishing bad things on you. I just think it's a load of crap that he runs his mouth then cries when somebody calls him out on it.

RMAC
04-22-2007, 01:12 AM
n/m.

JJ7997
04-22-2007, 02:21 AM
Go back to the beginning of this thread and see once again it wasnt Aggies starting it. Seems like its always that way. So for the last time STICK A FORK IN IT ! or better yet a sock.

JJ7997
04-22-2007, 02:24 AM
BTW, Texas really doesnt look that scary for next season. I'm not worried.

Emerson1
04-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Go back to the beginning of this thread and see once again it wasnt Aggies starting it. Seems like its always that way. So for the last time STICK A FORK IN IT ! or better yet a sock.
Yes it was. I just posted a little joke that even gary got a chuckle out of, very harmless. Hungryhungryhippo went and made fun of someone who got injured. He was probably one of the ones who also called Vince Young 'Radio'.

JasperDog94
04-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Go back to the beginning of this thread and see once again it wasnt Aggies starting it. It was a joke. It was funny. Just like Longhorn jokes are funny. That is until some people show how they have no class.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
So wait, he can come on here and talk crap about McCoy and the UT program, but I say the same thing back from a completely unbiased standpoint, and I'm the one who's out of line? Come on Gary, you're more reasonable than that. I like you. You're my favorite Aggie on the board and you know I'm not condeming the ATM football program or wishing bad things on you. I just think it's a load of crap that he runs his mouth then cries when somebody calls him out on it.

Obviously, I'm not patting him on the back for his unwitty remarks. I think they were rather tasteless and immature and marked this as a petty argument that made both schools look bad, but I am an Aggie football player, and I simply hope that we're not getting our asses handed to us at all next year. Naturally, I had to say something.