PDA

View Full Version : End of Season Thoughts

PAINTBALL
12-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Sorry I haven’t been on here before now, but there has just been just too much to do since the State Game. I still haven’t finished my Christmas shopping.

MY THOUGHTS ON THE GAME:
I knew after Gainesville’s first possession that Burnet was in for a game, and I wasn’t wrong. Like I have said since day one on this board, when two teams in the same tier meet, the games usually turn on mistakes, injuries, coaching, and plain luck good or bad. Gainesville came out on top in a hard fought game. All the kids and coaches gave it a 100% on both teams. Congratulations Gainesville. I can’t believe Purvey didn’t make at least 2nd string all state. He’ll probably do better in the coaches’ poll.

THE BURNET BULLDOGS:
I am so glad that my youngest son has had the opportunity to play for the 2001,2002,and 2003 Burnet Bulldogs under coach Shipley and coach Clark. I believe the lessons that he has learned these past 3 years will help him in his future endeavors, whatever they may turn out to be. Life is a roller-coaster ride with many ups and downs. He has had many highs these last two years and two great big lows, just like life. Although not Div1 college football material, he has worked his heart out and was able to compete at a level higher then his natural ability. Like a close friend told me the other day, “Great desire, just bad genes.” Although most people on this board have heard of Shipley and McGee, most of the team has been composed of kids like my son, average to a little above average kids working their tail off week after week and sometimes having to go head to head against kids with better athletic ability. The lessons learned can only be taught in sports. In my opinion football is so great because there are 22 positions to be filled not counting special teams. This allows kids with average ability who work hard to be a part of the team, even one as great as the one Burnet has had these past two years.

THE BURNET FANS:
I have watched the Burnet fan base grow to an unbelievable number these past few years. Everyone followed the team to all the games and knew every kid on the team by name. Bulldog football was all everyone talked about. A lot different then 1995 when the Bulldogs went 2-8, my middle son’s senior year. I hope that the fans continue to show their support. My wife and I will keep our season tickets until we die, although it will be strange not having a kid playing for Burnet. After three sons,I can’t believe it’s over.

I'VE DECIDED NOT TO CHANGE MY NAME:
I have received another user name and was going to end paintball and post every now and then under this new name, but I’ve decided that would be a cowardly thing to do. So if I have anything to say on this board it will be under paintball. I think that since most people know who I am, if they wish to bash me or my sons, they should give their real names when they do so.

Gobbla2001
12-18-2003, 04:02 PM
Hurry up, post a reply, you're on post numbre '666' (yikes)...

Ranger Mom
12-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Long live Paintball!!

That was a wonderful post and I am glad you decided to stay around under the present name!!

BulldogGrl64
12-18-2003, 04:17 PM
Those are really nice end of season thoughts. I was sad to see the Bulldogs lose State, but they had one hell of a season and I enjoyed watching them play throughout the season.

PAINTBALL
12-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Although some Sinton posters think I'm the devil I'm now off 666

Gobbla2001
12-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Their pep-ralley looked cool on TV...

Gobbla2001
12-18-2003, 04:19 PM
PAINTBALL:
Although some Sinton posters think I'm the devil I'm now off 666Thank God... phew, never seen the number 667 look so dern good...

Old Green
12-18-2003, 05:19 PM
Alright! Paintball Lives!!!!

poncho
12-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Hey Paintball I know you and you know me. I'm glad to see you keep Paintball as a user name and to face down any and all bashers. We may not always agree, but thats ok to. Welcome back!!! :cool: :D

Go dawgs!!

olddawggreen
12-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Im glad you are keeping the name too Paintball, this site is all about agreeing and disagreing, thats one of the things that keeps it interesting. You have to just role with the punches and keep on posting. When I saw you the other day I was going to tell you what a great job I thought your son did in the final, but you still looked pretty sick about it all so I thought I had just better leave you in peace. Good to see you back!

Old Dog
12-18-2003, 08:49 PM
Paintball, I've watched all of your sons play ball and you and the Mrs. should be very proud of them (and I'm sure you are). Being a part of any football team (win or loose) creates memories that last forever. You have a three fold vested interest in the Burnet Bulldogs and can now sit back and be one of the fans!

Phil C
12-19-2003, 11:41 AM
You have met me Paintball and I am glad you are staying on. Everyone has opinions and the right to say them and there should be no harassment to you or any of your family or friends. And the Burnet Bulldogs have nothing to be ashamed of. I know it hurt to lose State but you have been in the finals for two years and nearly every team in the state would like to trade places with you. Your son was a good football player and you can justly feel proud of him and the whole team. And to everyone what is said on aol downlow should stay on here except maybe when we as a group meet like after games and discuss things. Members families and friends should not be harassed for what is said here and for that matter it should include members. Welcome back Paintball!