PDA

View Full Version : 23-AAA Softball

Iknowalot
04-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Giddings 10 Smithville 0
LaGrange 3 Navasota 0
Caldwell vs. Bellville?????

Starting to wonder that Bellville might have lost because I don't see anything about that game on the downlow.

pirate4state
04-21-2007, 12:58 AM
:eek: ROFL - maybe they just aren't home yet ;)

3aSoftball4Mom
04-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Iknowalot
Giddings 10 Smithville 0
LaGrange 3 Navasota 0
Caldwell vs. Bellville?????

Starting to wonder that Bellville might have lost because I don't see anything about that game on the downlow.

I saw on the TX Prep Softball board that they lost by one to Caldwell and will play Navasota for 3rd.

Congrats Giddings on your District Championship :clap::clap:
and La Grange on runner up :clap:

18handicap
04-21-2007, 07:43 AM
The Bryan / College Station paper has Caldwell winning over Bellville 6-5.

KL3
04-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: ROFL - maybe they just aren't home yet ;)

Or maybe the 1 or 2 people that went to the game just didn't happen to log onto 3adownlow at 1 in the morning???

scotty
04-21-2007, 03:02 PM
What has happened to Bellville? Early in the year their pitching was just about untouchable and now I see where they are giving up quite a few runs. Have there been injuries, have key kids quit the team, or is the district much stronger than most folks thought it to be. I know ranking doesn't mean anything, but wasn't Bellville ranked early in the year? It seems that after the first loss to Giddings, things have gone backwards. Opinions anyone?

Bull19
04-22-2007, 11:41 AM
is their game against navasota a district game, or a playoff type game to see who gets the third spot?

3aSoftball4Mom
04-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
is their game against navasota a district game, or a playoff type game to see who gets the third spot?

It's a playoff game for third spot and to go on to the playoffs.

Bull19
04-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
It's a playoff game for third spot and to go on to the playoffs.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-22-2007, 12:51 PM

Heard Bellville's coach is not going to coach next year, could it be her last game aginst her former team?

Bull19
04-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Heard Bellville's coach is not going to coach next year, could it be her last game aginst her former team?

most likely will be for her with a bellville visor on

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-22-2007, 01:14 PM

Any word on when and were? Im thinking in Brenham?

Bull19
04-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Any word on when and were? Im thinking in Brenham?

great post fbb!!!! i'd have to agree with you. i believe the game will be played in brenham. possibly at brenham high school???

Reds fan
04-22-2007, 03:33 PM

Is this true?

Bull19
04-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Is this true?

pretty sure it is.........it makes you :thinking:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-22-2007, 09:13 PM
great post fbb!!!! i'd have to agree with you. i believe the game will be played in brenham. possibly at brenham high school???

Thank You! now you can thank me for thanking you!:D

Reds fan
04-22-2007, 11:26 PM
pretty sure it is.........it makes you :thinking:

Certainly does, also why would Bellville and Navasota wait until Tuesday to play? If it is rained out don't they have to flip a coin to decide which team goes on? District certification is Tuesday at midnight...:thinking: Neither team deserves that fate if it can be avoided.

18handicap
04-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Are they playing at Brenham HS or at Blinn? I believe Brenham was going to play Giddings in a warmup game on Tuesday night at Brenham HS. Both teams are welcome to come to College Station if they want to play -- I would enjoy watching the game.

Darren
04-23-2007, 07:36 AM
What a let down after all of the hype..

Bellville posters? Thought you guys were untouchable.....

Congrats to Giddings and LaGrange.

Reds fan
04-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Darren....Very classy...:rolleyes:

softball_mom
04-23-2007, 09:40 AM

3aSoftball4Mom
04-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Darren
What a let down after all of the hype..

Bellville posters? Thought you guys were untouchable.....

Congrats to Giddings and LaGrange.

ROFL :wave: :evilgrin:

nette_mom
04-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Late Breaking News....
I just heard the game is tonight at 7:00 in Brenham at the LInda Anderson Fields, may change location.

Reds fan
04-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Where is Linda Anderson Field? I might be able to get to this game!

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Darren....Very classy...:rolleyes: Sorry, I have to stick up for Darren a little. Some, NOT ALL, the Bellville posters were a little cocky in their early predictions. Just part of the downlow game. Dish out - expect to get it back.

Good Luck to Bellville.

BTEXDAD
04-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Where is Linda Anderson Field? I might be able to get to this game!

Linda Anderson fields are the ones below Washington county fairgrounds. Brenham cubettes and Blinn Lady Bucs both used to play down there until they got their own fields. As far as I know, fields are mostly used for city league softball and some soccer now. Haven't been down there in a couple years, but I doubt there are any short/temporary fences there. Will be distance of slowpitch, 280-285 ft, or something like that, although there is one men's fastpitch field there with fence around 250-260 ft.

Reds fan
04-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Thank you BTEX!

nette_mom
04-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Was told that they are trying to get Blinn or Holt Park, but not confirmed as of yet.

Reds fan
04-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Sorry, I have to stick up for Darren a little. Some, NOT ALL, the Bellville posters were a little cocky in their early predictions. Just part of the downlow game. Dish out - expect to get it back.

Good Luck to Bellville.

True, predictions were made, but it seems that those that post remarks like Darren's have no idea what the girls may have gone through, be it injuries, the death of a teammate or other factors beyond their control. Those things cannot be predicted.

To their credit I have not seen Bellville posters throwing out excuses or airing out problems on the board. Most have shown remarkable restraint in that department.

I do not have a child thrown into this mix and although some post here or there may have put a target on their backs, and that is unfortunate, I see no reason for someone to shoot at that target, although it is very easy to jump on that bandwagon.

The beauty of sports is that ultimately everything is settled on the field of play. Good luck to Bellville and Navasota players, no matter what the outcome you have represented your schools well!

And good luck to all the teams in postseason play, whatever the sport.

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 11:27 AM
True, predictions were made, but it seems that those that post remarks like Darren's have no idea what the girls may have gone through, be it injuries, the death of a teammate or other factors beyond their control. Those things cannot be predicted.

To their credit I have not seen Bellville posters throwing out excuses or airing out problems on the board. Most have shown remarkable restraint in that department.

I do not have a child thrown into this mix and although some post here or there may have put a target on their backs, and that is unfortunate, I see no reason for someone to shoot at that target, although it is very easy to jump on that bandwagon.

The beauty of sports is that ultimately everything is settled on the field of play. Good luck to Bellville and Navasota players, no matter what the outcome you have represented your schools well!

Well you aren't one of the Bellville fans making snide remarks about other teams, but there are some that just can't help themselves and that is who Darren is responding too more than the actual team.

Fotbol
04-23-2007, 11:28 AM
o!

3aSoftball4Mom
04-23-2007, 11:36 AM

I 'm assuming that you haven't seen any posts from certain (not all) Bellville graduates stirring up trouble in the last two weeks.
They have been dishing it out. Like Pirate said...if they dish it out, they should expect to get it back.
The problem with them has been, is they lack the ability to congratulate other teams that have done well. THEY LACK THE ABILITY TO JUST KEEP QUIET IF THEY CAN"T SAY ANYTHING NICE. like mom always said.

They seem to think that had Bellville been in the picture, those certain teams would not have done well.
The funny thing is, they probably have not even been to a game.

Darren's remarks were directed at them and certainly not the girls.

Check back a couple of days ago in the posts if you really don't believe it.

Ranger Mom
04-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Well you aren't one of the Bellville fans making snide remarks about other teams, but there are some that just can't help themselves and that is who Darren is responding too more than the actual team.

I agree 100%.....when you brag that hard and make it where no one is supposed to be able to stay on the same field with you....you gotta expect it when it doesn't happen like you expected!!

Just ask Gilmer and Celina!!!!

Most of their posters were very gracious....but then you always have those few!!:crazy: :crazy1: I knew immediately who Darren was "talking" to!!

Reds fan
04-23-2007, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
[B]I 'm assuming that you haven't seen any posts from certain (not all) Bellville graduates stirring up trouble in the last two weeks.

On the contrary, I have seen the junk that FBB and to some extent Bull19 have posted. Other than those (softball related), I must have missed, BUT, that is two and it would not be hard to list those referred to in a post like Darren's, then a dummy like me would not take it the wrong way. Like I said it is easy to jump on to the bandwagon, most all of us have at one time or another.

Even you, 3aSoftball4Mom, one who always posts with class and dignity, jumped on with the "ROFL :wave: :evilgrin: " reply.

I do appreciate the fact that it is recognized that not all Bellville posters are not like the above mentioned...and they haven't "dished it out" and should not have to expect it back.

Any ways, good luck to the Tigers! And the girls and coaches did a fantastic job to win that district championship!

18handicap
04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Just heard that the Navasota / Bellville game is going to be played at Waller. Don't know the date or time.

nette_mom
04-23-2007, 12:59 PM
7:00 tonight in Waller

Bull19
04-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Thank You! now you can thank me for thanking you!:D

thank you for thanking me for thanking you

3aSoftball4Mom
04-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Even you, 3aSoftball4Mom, one who always posts with class and dignity, jumped on with the "ROFL :wave: :evilgrin: " reply.

Yes I did, Red, because I was rolling on the floor laughing at what Darren said & I believe that I have every right to do so. "They" have changed their antics from team related comments to making fun of me & the fact that I have been nice. just look above. Which is in itself funny. that just shows their immaturity to everyone on this board.
Never knew that someone could find humor in others being nice. Never knew that being nice was a bad thing.
If only they really knew me............here's the evil grin again. :evilgrin:

good luck to the Brahmanetts.

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Yes I did, Red, because I was rolling on the floor laughing at what Darren said & I believe that I have every right to do so. "They" have changed their antics from team related comments to making fun of me & the fact that I have been nice. just look above. Which is in itself funny. that just shows their immaturity to everyone on this board.
Never knew that someone could find humor in others being nice. Never knew that being nice was a bad thing.

You forgot to say "thank you" - LMAO! ;) :p :D

3aSoftball4Mom
04-23-2007, 01:59 PM
You forgot to say "thank you" - LMAO! ;) :p :D
:)
my bad R.....

thank you...

oh and thank you for reminding me to say thank you. :evillol:

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 02:04 PM
:)
my bad R.....

thank you...

oh and thank you for reminding me to say thank you. :evillol:

welcome :D

buff4ever
04-23-2007, 03:03 PM
I wasn't going to say anything, but darren was very justified red, and I think you can understand that it wasn't directed at you.

Anyone who read anything knows that I don't have to mention any names as to whom it was directed.

NOTE IN MY PREVIOUS POST ON OTHER THREADS, that I mentioned I know great people from bellville, not all are like the few. That goes for just about everywhere. I enjoy the competition with bellville on the field. It has been good between us and them for many years now. Good competitors make for good competition.

zebrablue2
04-23-2007, 03:12 PM
good luck to bellville and navasota, should be a hard fought game
bellville's experience should get them a win tonight. if navasota
can pull the upset, I will be happy for those young ladies as well.
have a great game, enjoy and play injury free...

Bull19
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM

HOW IS TELLING FBB THANK YOU MAKING FUN OF YOU???

SEEMS LIKE YOUR LOOKING FOR A REASON TO DISLIKE ME AND FBB???? I DIDNT KNOW TELLING SOMEONE THANK YOU WAS A BAD THING??? I DONT SEE HOW MY COMMENT OR FBB' THANK YOU TO ME WAS DIRECTED TO YOU????????

3aSoftball4Mom
04-23-2007, 04:25 PM
HOW IS TELLING FBB THANK YOU MAKING FUN OF YOU???

SEEMS LIKE YOUR LOOKING FOR A REASON TO DISLIKE ME AND FBB???? I DIDNT KNOW TELLING SOMEONE THANK YOU WAS A BAD THING??? I DONT SEE HOW MY COMMENT OR FBB' THANK YOU TO ME WAS DIRECTED TO YOU????????

Oh Dear, he's back to typing in ALL CAPS AGAIN!:bigcry: :crazy1: :rolleyes:

I'm not "looking" for a reason to dislike you Bull I already have one.

:kiss:

Bull19
04-23-2007, 04:26 PM
ITS THE 3ADOWNLOW NOT THE LOVE BOAT,,,,THERE ARE TONS OF POSTS BETWEEN BELLVILLE AND SEALY AND ID SAY 60% OR MORE ARE NEGATIVE ONES...........YOU MUST REMEMBER YOUR ONLY ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD...IF U GO BACK TO FOOTBALL SEASON AND EVEN YEARS BACK YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TALKING BOUT....

buff4ever
04-23-2007, 04:28 PM
I have to get on here and pull FBB out of this. Unless I have missed something all he did was say to the sealy fan that if bellville would have still been in the district with sealy, that sealy wouldn't be district champs. I don't know about the rest of you, but I kinda think this is what the down low is here for to an EXTENT. Sealy and bellville have a pretty good history btwn the two of them, I don't feel like there was anything wrong with that. Bellville would have been district champs this year in football if it weren't for giddings being in their district now. They may get us next year, may not, but that is how this works, it is all fun and games.

I guess maybe wewill get to see if Giddings And Sealy can meat in the playoffs, if FBB was all that far off. Bellville has a great softball program, and for years has beat sealy into the ground if you ask me. For FBB to make that comment towards sealy softball, given the rivalry, I don't see any harm in it.

There are good people in bellville I tell you, Don't judge all by few.

SEALY FAN, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP, ENJOY IT AND TAKE THE CRITICISM THAT COMES WITH VICTORY. IT COMES BECAUSE YOU WERE VICTORIOUS. EVEN IF IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE BELLVILLE WAS IN THIS DISTRICT INSTEAD OF THAT ONE.

Bull19
04-23-2007, 04:33 PM
PLEASE SHOW ME 3ASFTBLMOM WHERE I WAS BEING RUDE TOWARD SEALY GIRLS SFTBALL OR THEIR ATHLETIC PROGRAM

Reds fan
04-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I wasn't going to say anything, but darren was very justified red, and I think you can understand that it wasn't directed at you.

Anyone who read anything knows that I don't have to mention any names as to whom it was directed.

NOTE IN MY PREVIOUS POST ON OTHER THREADS, that I mentioned I know great people from bellville, not all are like the few. That goes for just about everywhere. I enjoy the competition with bellville on the field. It has been good between us and them for many years now. Good competitors make for good competition.

Agreed:) I do understand the post was not directed at me, and would not bother responding if I thought it was. My concern was for the kids who are doing their best to compete. The aforementioned post was aimed at the few who will choose to continue to stir the pot, especially those stirring from the standpoint of outcomes from other sports or past years.

Your post is appreciated and hats off to Giddings Softball as the District champs!

3aSoftball4Mom
04-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I have to get on here and pull FBB out of this. Unless I have missed something all he did was say to the sealy fan that if bellville would have still been in the district with sealy, that sealy wouldn't be district champs. I don't know about the rest of you, but I kinda think this is what the down low is here for to an EXTENT. Sealy and bellville have a pretty good history btwn the two of them, I don't feel like there was anything wrong with that. Bellville would have been district champs this year in football if it weren't for giddings being in their district now. They may get us next year, may not, but that is how this works, it is all fun and games.

I guess maybe wewill get to see if Giddings And Sealy can meat in the playoffs, if FBB was all that far off. Bellville has a great softball program, and for years has beat sealy into the ground if you ask me. For FBB to make that comment towards sealy softball, given the rivalry, I don't see any harm in it.

There are good people in bellville I tell you, Don't judge all by few.

SEALY FAN, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP, ENJOY IT AND TAKE THE CRITICISM THAT COMES WITH VICTORY. IT COMES BECAUSE YOU WERE VICTORIOUS. EVEN IF IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE BELLVILLE WAS IN THIS DISTRICT INSTEAD OF THAT ONE.

Guess you told me.:clap:

Didn't say that Bellville in general is bad....I have friends up there. and on here.

For years Bellville has beat Sealy into the ground? speaking for the last three years.... one or two runs isNOT beating into the ground
:confused: :thinking:

Giddings beat Bellville into the ground 8-0

pirate4state
04-23-2007, 04:42 PM
PLEASE SHOW ME 3ASFTBLMOM WHERE I WAS BEING RUDE TOWARD SEALY GIRLS SFTBALL OR THEIR ATHLETIC PROGRAM Who has that kind of time? ;) Seriously, on her thread about their district championship you & FBB just had to go on there and ask "what took so long" and talk about if Bellville had been in that district things might have been different. FINE. What is so different about DARREN giving ya'll a little bit back and softballmom? Ya'll can dish it out, but no one can say anything in reply? Don't think so!

3aSoftball4Mom
04-23-2007, 04:44 PM
ITS THE 3ADOWNLOW NOT THE LOVE BOAT,,,,THERE ARE TONS OF POSTS BETWEEN BELLVILLE AND SEALY AND ID SAY 60% OR MORE ARE NEGATIVE ONES...........YOU MUST REMEMBER YOUR ONLY ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD...IF U GO BACK TO FOOTBALL SEASON AND EVEN YEARS BACK YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TALKING BOUT....

yep, I'm on the practice squad......thank you for reminding me of my place on the downlow.

And just because there are 60% posts that are
negative that doesn't make it right.
you don't have to be negative to keep a rivarly going.

You can dish it out, but you obviously cannot take it.

Bull19
04-23-2007, 04:56 PM
yep, I'm on the practice squad......thank you for reminding me of my place on the downlow.

And just because there are 60% posts that are
negative that doesn't make it right.
you don't have to be negative to keep a rivarly going.

You can dish it out, but you obviously cannot take it.

oh i can take it, but when you constantly call me out, that aint right. well if you wanna go along and cleanse everyone and make them pure and clean and be nice thats fine and dandy, but you got a long way to go,,,dont think just bellville poster are talking negative, might wanna look in you own backyard or alot of the other threads

yes "what took so long"...how long has sealy has a softball team? all i was wondering was why it took so long to win a dc? was it the coach? the program? the lack of quality talent? i didnt know and still dont know....it was never meant to be an insult

yes we can take it and give it, but when we are the ones on the recieving end of it and make a reply back, we are suddenly the bad guys and that aint right

Ranger Mom
04-23-2007, 05:01 PM

Your practice squad is just as important as bull(headed)'s :D all-star status!!

It's all about quality - not quantity - which is rather ironic coming from me!!! LOL!

:D :D

3aSoftball4Mom
04-23-2007, 05:33 PM
thank you Ranger mom:D :D
oops, I did it again. I thanked you. I was being too nice and pure.

Bull is daMan! cuz he has more posts than me.

I'm done

3aSoftball4Mom
04-23-2007, 05:38 PM
dont think just bellville poster are talking negative, might wanna look in you own backyard or alot of the other threads

:bigcry: :bigcry:
Yes I know that Sealy FB talks bad. we aren't talking about them
We aren't talking about FB here.

buff4life
04-23-2007, 05:50 PM
i'm feeling a little intercity hositility...lol

Bull19
04-23-2007, 09:32 PM

I'm done

BTEXDAD
04-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Guess you told me.:clap:

Didn't say that Bellville in general is bad....I have friends up there. and on here.

For years Bellville has beat Sealy into the ground? speaking for the last three years.... one or two runs isNOT beating into the ground
:confused: :thinking:

Giddings beat Bellville into the ground 8-0

Don't get into definition of what beating into ground is. My daughter played for Bellville softball for four years ending last year. Counting those four years and the regular season game this year, Bellville has beaten Sealy 11 out of 12 games. Granted, some of the games were close, but that's pretty much beating them into the ground, IMO.

In 2006, scores between Giddings and Bellville were 9-0 and 4-0, both won by Bellville. Giddings won handily in Giddings this year and made a great comeback to beat Bellville 4-3 in nine innings in bellville.
Every year is different, that's what makes if fun and exciting. Often what goes around comes around, and then sometimes comes around again.

Good luck to Sealy, Giddings AND Bellville in playoffs (I guess La Grange also). They ALL have good teams and the fact that they are big rivals also makes it fun.