PDA

View Full Version : anyone have the final stats for Burnet/Marlin

bd0707
09-28-2002, 09:59 AM
However troublesome they may be.

------------------

CentralTxFan
09-28-2002, 10:09 AM
bd0707, I think you are right, they will be very troublesome. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/redface.gif Maybe this is one of those times when only the players and coaches need to know the official stats!

Chris Hart
09-28-2002, 01:37 PM
I don't know all the stats either, but I agree that they can't be good.Burnet was very lucky to get out of there with a win.I guess that is all that counts, but the Bulldogs have alot to work on.The defense gave up alot of yardage last night, but they made some key stops.The Offensive Line is really playing bad right now.I think for Burnet to be successful in the big district games and playoffs, they must score early on.Our district is not going to be a cakewalk for anybody.Bandera,Ingram,Liberty Hill are looking really good, and Llano has lost some tough games against good competition and are dangerous with a very accurate passing attack.Then there is Wimberley and you can never count them out.Burnet better be prepared for every defense they play to attack their offense(much like everybody in the NFL does the Cowboys) until the Offensive Line proves they can keep em out of the backfield.I admire the HEART of this team, If they make the playoffs,I think it will be safe to say they will truly be battle tested.I hope they have something left in the tank come playoff time.Stay focused Bulldogs and take it one game at a time(It's a new season now).Keep up the good work guys.Go Bulldogs!

------------------
Big Green Dawg

mwynn05
09-28-2002, 02:15 PM
doesnt marlin play ennis next week if so that wont be pretty for marlin fans

Ozzy
09-28-2002, 11:30 PM
Let's see Chris. You said, "The Offensive Line is really playing bad right now.I think for Burnet to be successful in the big district games and playoffs, they must score early on".

Here's some things I've figured out through 5 games:

Points per game: 34.4
Offense per game: 348 yds.
Return yd. per game: 150

Burnet has also scored in their first or second possession in all 5 games. They have also played and scrimmaged 6 very good teams:

Fredricksburg 5-0, 47 in 4-A, #8 in region 4
Reagan 3-2, ranked 63 in 4-A, #10 in region 4
Gatesville 2-2, ranked 1 in 3-A, #3 in region 3
Shoemaker 2-2, ranked 74 in 4-A
Midland Christian 2-2, top 5 4-A privates
Marlin 2-2, ranked 38 in 3-A, #9 in region 3

They sound OK to me.

Chris Hart
09-28-2002, 11:43 PM
Hey Ozzy, like you said they have scored on their first or second possessions in all 5 games.That is exactly what I am saying, that is one reason they have been successful.On the other hand for someone to watch all Burnet's games and say there is nothing wrong with the defense or Offensive line is a person that is not very observant.Burnet has played good competition, we all know that.But the fact is the competition down the road is only going to get tougher.All teams have weaknesses that need to be worked on, and Burnet is no different.As a fan, I will not be satisfied with a loss in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, because this team is capable of so much more.Bulldogs, just work hard and keep trying to improve and everything will be fine.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

[This message has been edited by Chris Hart (edited September 28, 2002).]