PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

eagles_victory
04-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Top the bottom the western conference playoffs may have the most exciting matchups that I can remember.

Dallas vs Golden State: The 1-8 matchup you have Dallas coming in with one of the best records there has been in the NBA in a while. But yet Golden State is no push over there one of the most talented number 8 seeds I have seen in a while. To add more intrigue you have the fact that the Warriors are coached by the man who built the Mavs. Plus the domination by the Warriors in the last 2 years and they will be ready to go being that they just broke the longest active playoff drought in the NBA this should be an exciting series ill take the Mavs in 6

Suns vs Lakers: This series was a 7 game barn burner last year and promises to be just as exciting this year. The Suns have so much talent they wont be easy to beat. But the Lakers have the best player in the world in Kobe Bryant. A big question is going to be if Raja Bell can slow down Kobe enough to stabalize the Suns defense. Another big thing is will kobe continue to take the bulk of the shots or will he pass it around like he did last year vs the suns when they were succesful. Dont forget how everyone was on Kobes back last year for his game 7 second half performance vs the Suns. Suns in 6

Nuggets vs Spurs: The Spurs have been very hot of late but the Nuggets are stock piled with offensive weapons and the very under rated Marcus Camby on the defensive side of the ball. The Spurs playoff expeiernce should be huge for them. These guys just know how to win games. But the Nuggets are the team you dont want to see if your a higher seed it should be a battle of wills the Spurs have to play there game. Spurs in 7

Jazz vs Rockets: The two suprise teams in the west. Along with Golden State these are the only teams who werent in the playoffs last year. Tracy Mcgrady had a very underrated season this year with all the talk about other players. Not to mention how hot Yao has been for the Rockets. But the Jazz are led by Texan Deron Williams Carlos Boozer and the most underrated player in the NBA Okur this one could be the most exciting of all the first round serieses. Way better then last years Dallas run over of Memphis in last years 4-5 matchup. Sloan and Van Gundy should be be mentioned for coach of the year this year. I have been accused of being a Rocket hater but I have Rockets in 7

Think these are good wait until the second round Houston and Dallas and the Spurs vs the Suns the 3adownlow will be rocking with NBA playoff talk and conspriacy theories

Adidas410s
04-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Geez...did this come from the NBA Marketing Dept or something???

One thought...the first round of the playoffs will take TWO AND A HALF WEEKS!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Bull's-eye
04-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Are people surprised that Houston made the playoffs?

DU_stud04
04-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Are people surprised that Houston made the playoffs? im not, i consider them the third best team in the league. right after spurs, right after mavs. its all about texas this year for basketball(hopefully)

tigerpride_08
04-20-2007, 11:11 PM

i kind of am...i had no idea they did good this season...

Gobbla2001
04-20-2007, 11:20 PM

I'm surprised that everyone is worried about the Suns when the Rockets are in the playoffs...

The Suns can score... but they can't play D 4 out of 7..

Gobbla2001
04-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
but they can't play D 4 out of 7..

okay, I retract... two of 'em play D... S'mire can block some shots and grab some board... Nash can get in your face and cause you to make a bad pass.... but the rest of the team? they're looking for outlet passes on the other end while two of their guys play D... they're offensive minded and as we know: defenses win cham... blah blah blah...

kepdawg
04-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
okay, I retract... two of 'em play D... S'mire can block some shots and grab some board... Nash can get in your face and cause you to make a bad pass.... but the rest of the team? they're looking for outlet passes on the other end while two of their guys play D... they're offensive minded and as we know: defenses win cham... blah blah blah...

Did you say something about Nash playing defense? :thinking: Marion ain't bad.

Gobbla2001
04-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

didn't say he's great, but he's quick on his feet, can cause guys to make a bad pass...

Marion isn't bad, no, but he's waiting to go to offense the whole time...

I just don't think they're a complete team in a best out of 7...

JR2004
04-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Marion is one of the best, if not the best, defender in the NBA. It's something that gets overlooked because Nash and the offense gets all of the attention out there. I'd trade anyone on the Lakers not named Kobe or Bynum to get him in Purple and Gold.