PDA

View Full Version : L.T. turned down the cover to Madden?

Funk-d-fied
04-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Intresting stuff....

LaDainian Tomlinson's business manager confirmed yesterday that the Chargers running back turned down the opportunity to grace the cover of the John Madden '08 video game, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune.

LaMar Andrews said EA Sports, which makes the popular Madden series game, wanted Tomlinson on the cover. An EA Sports spokesman had said Tuesday that Vince Young was the company's choice all along.

The Madden cover athlete is generally paid $100,000 to $200,000 and is required to make numerous promotional appearances.

Tomlinson's status (and compensation) as an endorser continues to rise. He was the NFL MVP and set the league scoring record in 2006, and he is to be featured in numerous national ad campaigns this year

worldbfree
04-20-2007, 01:47 PM
LT is SMART boys!

Looks like VY will have a bad year and will be injured and miss games at some point.......

Can you say:

Michael Vick
Donovan McNabb
Jamal Lewis
Ray Lewis
Shaun Alexander

Look back at their years when they were on the cover of Madden.
I had the opportunity to draft Shaun Alexander w/ the 3rd pick in my fantasy draft this year. PASSED ON HIM!! He turned 30, he was the MVP, his team lost in the super bowl, and he was on the cover of Madden.............GUARANTEED BAD YEAR!

Maroon87
04-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Don't forget Eddie George.

Adidas410s
04-20-2007, 01:52 PM
and Barry Sanders
and Garrison Hearst (replaced Barry Sanders in late releases/overseas editions)

burnet44
04-20-2007, 01:53 PM
ill bet they didnt ask Peyton?

Gobbla2001
04-20-2007, 01:54 PM
And David Carr.....

oh wait he wasn't on the cover...

burnet44
04-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Matt Millen?

lol

he shoulda been

Hey put Osama Ben Laden on the cover
might help us catch him lol

Phil C
04-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Vince Young will be the man who breaks this curse. Way to go Vince. A great man of courage and skill indeed!

un b weavable
04-20-2007, 04:35 PM
It makes me happy to know VY wasnt the first choice. :D

big daddy russ
04-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Good, cause contrary to popular belief, Vince isn't the second coming of Christ. I can't wait to see the Ricky Williams-type backlash on Vince in two years... you know, when they find out that he's not even a good NFL QB?

Yeah, I said it. NFL DC's will figure him out and turn him into a cheap version of Mike Vick.

The Titans are stuck in a rut. They'll pick no higher than 10th and no lower than 20th until Vince leaves.

Good luck with that. Vince blows.

smustangs
04-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Good, cause contrary to popular belief, Vince isn't the second coming of Christ. I can't wait to see the Ricky Williams-type backlash on Vince in two years... you know, when they find out that he's not even a good NFL QB?

Yeah, I said it. NFL DC's will figure him out and turn him into a cheap version of Mike Vick.

The Titans are stuck in a rut. They'll pick no higher than 10th and no lower than 20th until Vince leaves.

dang bdr who peed in your cereal this morning

Pmoney
04-21-2007, 10:39 AM

just like he NCAA DCs figured him out....the DCs are not the problem its the players that cant tackle him...

big daddy russ
04-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
just like he NCAA DCs figured him out....the DCs are not the problem its the players that cant tackle him...
Talk to me in two years.

Pmoney
04-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Talk to me in two years.
ok i will

BullFrog Dad
04-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Talk to me in two years. I'm going to say that to my ex-wife. Thanx big daddy russ!

Emerson1
04-21-2007, 12:09 PM

I don't see what there is for DC's to figure out. The only adjustment you can really make it trying to keep him contained, and he showed against Houston he can take it right up the mdidle and out run anybody on the field.

VY will probably try and improve all parts of his game. It has taken Vick 5 years to finally start to become a passer.

big daddy russ
04-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
I'm going to say that to my ex-wife. Thanx big daddy russ!
LOL. Anytime.