PDA

View Full Version : Alec Baldwin..nice to everyone..BUT HIS DAUGHTER

Txbroadcaster
04-20-2007, 11:38 AM
LOS ANGELES - The festering bad blood between movie-star exes Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger erupted Thursday when an angry phone message from Baldwin to his daughter was made public.

ADVERTISEMENT

On the recording, Baldwin can be heard berating his 11-year-old, Ireland, "You are a rude, thoughtless little pig."

"You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being," he says, apparently upset that she did not answer her phone for a planned call.

"I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you're a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do as far as I'm concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone."

He goes on to say that he plans to fly from New York to Los Angeles "for the day just to straighten you out on this issue."

The recording was published by celebrity news site TMZ.com, which said that the call was placed on April 11.

Baldwin's spokesman said in a statement Thursday that, "in the best interest of the child," the 49-year-old actor "will do what the mother is pathologically incapable of doing ... keeping his mouth shut and obeying the court order.

"The mother and her lawyer leaked this sealed material in violation of a court order," the statement continued. "Although Alec acknowledges that he should have used different language in parenting his child, everyone who knows him privately knows what he has been put through for the past six years."

"The voice mail speaks for itself," Basinger's spokeswoman said.

Calls to Basinger's and Baldwin's attorneys were not returned.

Baldwin and Basinger, 53, were married in 1993. They have been involved in prolonged legal disputes over custody and other issues since she filed for divorce in 2001, which was granted in 2002. The couple's differences have been aired several times in public.

Basinger was charged with contempt of court in October for violating terms of a 2004 custody agreement. A motion by her lawyers to dismiss the charges was denied Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court. The next hearing on visitation issues is scheduled for May 4.

piratebg
04-20-2007, 11:41 AM
They keep playing the message on CNN. Unfreakingbelievable. :dispntd:

Maroon87
04-20-2007, 11:41 AM
I thought he was supposed to leave the country if Bush got elected?:thinking:

I think he's a little behind schedule.

44INAROW
04-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I thought he was supposed to leave the country if Bush got elected?:thinking:

I think he's a little behind schedule.

and he didn't take his buddies with him either:rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
04-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Buffy and I heard a clip of him TRYING to host a radio show once..and it was the BIGGEST TRAIN WRECK ever and OH SO FUNNY

vet93
04-20-2007, 12:17 PM
This transcript, whether it was leaked inappropriately or not reveals much about the character of Mr. Baldwin and should be taken into account in the future when you hear something spewing from his mouth.

Phil C
04-20-2007, 12:20 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Phil C
04-20-2007, 12:21 PM
JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!!

:mad:

injuredinmelee
04-20-2007, 12:21 PM
yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn im bored with celebrities. Just do your job and when your off set keep your views to yourself...

pero chato
04-20-2007, 12:23 PM
This is just another example of the vast right wing conspiracy.

burnet44
04-20-2007, 12:36 PM
baldwin, surandon, penn, ect
if they hate this country so much why dont they leave

please

what a pos

feafef

Phil C
04-20-2007, 01:22 PM
BE NICE TO SEAN PENN! HE WAS VERY HELPFUL IN LOUISIANA AFTER THE KATRINA HURRICANE AND ALSO HELPED SOME OF THE VICTIMS FINANCIALLY!

:mad:

shankbear
04-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Pitiful excuse for a man. I would have pitched in for his ticket out of this country.

Macarthur
04-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey, I'm no fan of Baldwin, but who here hasn't gotten after their kids asses when they needed it. I know nothing of his kids, but if they have lived a pampered, "Paris Hilton"-type of life, I could see him wanting to bring the kid down to earth and try to humble them from time to time.

I know I wouldn't want some of my private converstations made public. ;)

shankbear
04-20-2007, 01:29 PM
He is a punk.

Macarthur
04-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Pitiful excuse for a man. I would have pitched in for his ticket out of this country.

Can you elaborate on Baldwin's character; or do you just dislike him because he dislikes Bush?

I think there's an awful lot of stones being thrown from glass houses.

vet93
04-20-2007, 02:50 PM
"You are a rude, thoughtless little pig."
and
"You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being,"

Whether a father is angry at his child or not...those are two statements that a father has no business uttering to a twelve year old. It has nothing to do with politics, religion, race or gender.

Originally posted by Macarthur
Can you elaborate on Baldwin's character; or do you just dislike him because he dislikes Bush?

I think there's an awful lot of stones being thrown from glass houses.

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Hey, I'm no fan of Baldwin, but who here hasn't gotten after their kids asses when they needed it. I know nothing of his kids, but if they have lived a pampered, "Paris Hilton"-type of life, I could see him wanting to bring the kid down to earth and try to humble them from time to time.

I know I wouldn't want some of my private converstations made public. ;)

I agree with you on this one, not that I like Alec Baldwin, but just as a parent.

I don't like some of the words he used (pig, brainless) but as you mentioned we have all gotten onto our kids at times and would much rather those little "butt chewings" weren't made public... MAINLY BECAUSE IT IS NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS!

Let's see, hmmm, it's not politically correct to spank (physical abuse) and now reprimand (verbal abuse).:rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
04-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I agree with you on this one, not that I like Alec Baldwin, but just as a parent.

I don't like some of the words he used (pig, brainless) but as you mentioned we have all gotten onto our kids at times and would much rather those little "butt chewings" weren't made public... MAINLY BECAUSE IT IS NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS!

Let's see, hmmm, it's not politically correct to spank (physical abuse) and now reprimand (verbal abuse).:rolleyes:

reprimanding is saying Your not responsible because you missed the planned phone call, your to immature and need to start learning that when we agree to talk your there.

Not insulting her IMO

smustangs
04-20-2007, 03:06 PM

Our ed psych teacher was telling that a california town is trying to make it illegal to spank a child under the age of 5 i believe. its getting pretty bad. i remember when i was little my parents wouldnt think twice about busting me if i needed it and it never hurt me to have it done

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
Our ed psych teacher was telling that a california town is trying to make it illegal to spank a child under the age of 5 i believe. its getting pretty bad. i remember when i was little my parents wouldnt think twice about busting me if i needed it and it never hurt me to have it done

If your parents were to do it now, someone would be calling CPS. Don't get me wrong, we all know that some families need some intervention in order to protect the child in serious cases, but I hardly think Alec Baldwin's daughter will be permanently scarred by his words.

smustangs
04-20-2007, 03:18 PM
If your parents were to do it now, someone would be calling CPS. Don't get me wrong, we all know that some families need some intervention in order to protect the child in serious cases, but I hardly think Alec Baldwin's daughter will be permanently scarred by his words.

exactly i dont know the situation so i dont want to make assertions (SP?) but i think i turned out ok and got my but whiped when i needed it and a stern talkin to as well and it never hurt me its a bunch of crap, granted some kids must be protected but a lot of it is pure crap

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
exactly i dont know the situation so i dont want to make assertions (SP?) but i think i turned out ok and got my but whiped when i needed it and a stern talkin to as well and it never hurt me its a bunch of crap, granted some kids must be protected but a lot of it is pure crap

*high fives* from AP Panther Fan...;)

BILLYFRED0000
04-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Personally I think Baldwin is an @$$hole. Just from watching him when he is not acting and from reading some of his political views.

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Personally I think Baldwin is an @$$hole. Just from watching him when he is not acting and from reading some of his political views.

He probably is an @$$hole. Agreed.

smustangs
04-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

i'm not saying he isnt just that some of the ppl that cps jumps on and the stuff that goes on is ridiculous

mustang59
04-20-2007, 03:38 PM
What a shame that he left that kind of message for his daughter and he needs some help in the parenting department. HOWEVER, you have to question why a mother would make something like that public. Makes me wonder what her true motive is.

pirate4state
04-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Good point 59. Neither one of them probably deserves to be a parent.

shankbear
04-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Macarthur...he is a poor excuse for a dad. His own words indict him.

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by mustang59
Makes me wonder what her true motive is.

My guess is hatred, revenge and probably money. She is a shining example herself isn't she?

Old Tiger
04-20-2007, 03:56 PM
I've been yelled at like that before by my parents. Just the media blowing something up and his wife trying to get full custody.

mustang59
04-20-2007, 04:42 PM
My guess is hatred, revenge and probably money. She is a shining example herself isn't she?
Yeah, it seems they're both lacking in parenting skills. The pathetic thing is they've been playing this out in the media for years. Geez, MOVE ON!

Emerson1
04-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Who cares? This happens all the time everyday in every town. POOOOORRRR GIRL!! Now she will only get 3 cars when she turns 16!

big daddy russ
04-20-2007, 05:32 PM
A whole lot of opinions from a bunch of people who don't know the whole story.

vet93
04-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Emerson, I understand what you are saying...it does happen everyday and to the point that many on this board will even tell you that their parents responded the exact same way when they messed up. My point is that treating your children like this does much damage over the long haul. When you are treated like Alec treated his daughter, then she in turn will treat her daughter (and other people) the same way and we have a society of people who treat each other like garbage (sounds pretty much like our society). On top of that, from a poor parenting standpoint, this interaction between Alec and his daughter/mother is likely only a drop in the bucket when compared to what she hears at home on a daily basis (probably from both sides). I guess I am seeing this not so much as an Alec Baldwin problem but as a societal problem in which Alec is just a prime example. Parenting like Alec Baldwin and Kim Bassinger harms kids two ways...In one way it puts kids on a pedestal by giving them anything they want materially (without boundaries or discipline) while at the same time they almost treat their child like they hate her and that she is a nuisance which destroys self esteem and self worth. This produces children who have no real self esteem and yet they also have no self-discipline and character....children like this often grow up to make poor decisions unless they can somehow pull themselves out of this moral morass.

Originally posted by Emerson1
Who cares? This happens all the time everyday in every town. POOOOORRRR GIRL!! Now she will only get 3 cars when she turns 16!

mustang59
04-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Emerson, I understand what you are saying...it does happen everyday and to the point that many on this board will even tell you that their parents responded the exact same way when they messed up. My point is that treating your children like this does much damage over the long haul. When you are treated like Alec treated his daughter, then she in turn will treat her daughter (and other people) the same way and we have a society of people who treat each other like garbage (sounds pretty much like our society). On top of that, from a poor parenting standpoint, this interaction between Alec and his daughter/mother is likely only a drop in the bucket when compared to what she hears at home on a daily basis (probably from both sides). I guess I am seeing this not so much as an Alec Baldwin problem but as a societal problem in which Alec is just a prime example. Parenting like Alec Baldwin and Kim Bassinger harms kids two ways...In one way it puts kids on a pedestal by giving them anything they want materially (without boundaries or discipline) while at the same time they almost treat their child like they hate her and that she is a nuisance which destroys self esteem and self worth. This produces children who have no real self esteem and yet they also have no self-discipline and character....children like this often grow up to make poor decisions unless they can somehow pull themselves out of this moral morass.

Very well put.