PDA

View Full Version : Fun at Wal-Mart!

Ranger Mom
04-20-2007, 12:42 AM
As some of you know, I became a grandmother 2 days ago.

The baby came home today and my husband ran to Wal-Mart to get some things. I asked everyone in the house if they needed anything, and Amanda, the new mother, informed me she needed some Motrin and some "pads"!

You can imagine the horror in my husband's voice when I told him to get some, but he had my daughter's boyfriend with him so he just told me he would get him to get them.

About 30 minutes later he called me from the "feminine hygiene" aisle asking me just what in the hell kind he was supposed to get. It has been lots of years since I even looked at one, so I had no idea.

I told him to read me what they said, so he had Bo, daughter's boyfriend, reading outloud the packages and he was relating the information to me. You could hear people in the background laughing at them plus myself laughing at the other end of the phone.

He didn't get half the stuff he supposed to, I think he was traumatized. When he finally made it home he handed me the sack, pointed his finger at me and said...."NEVER AGAIN"!!

All my daughter's boyfriend had to say was, "Thank God for self check-out"!

Men!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

DU_stud04
04-20-2007, 12:50 AM
i love rangermom story hour :)

Txbroadcaster
04-20-2007, 06:44 AM
I have never understood why some guys freak about getting things like this for women. I get Buffy her monthly essentials all the time and it never bothers me.

piratebg
04-20-2007, 07:44 AM
I got over that hump a long time ago. Do it a couple of times and the fear goes away.

Chopblock
04-20-2007, 07:59 AM
My wife quit asking me to get them for her when she heard from a friend that I was sending my kids on pass routes using the bag of pads as a football in Wal Mart

Ray_BearKat
04-20-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

i agree...thanks for the story :)

CHS_CG
04-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

esp when rangerdad is involved ROFLMAO!

Maroon87
04-20-2007, 08:36 AM
If I am absloutely forced to do something like that, I go to Walgreen's or CVS. There's a smaller audience there.;)

CHS_CG
04-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
If I am absloutely forced to do something like that, I go to Walgreen's or CVS. There's a smaller audience there.;)

you men i swear!

Ranger Mom
04-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
esp when rangerdad is involved ROFLMAO!

You should have heard me trying to explain what the one's with "wings" were, and why she needed them.

I think if they hadn't had an audience, they would have been okay....but I'm sure they drew attention to themselves....one was on the phone and one was picking up the individual packages and translating the information.

At one point a man walked by, looked at them and just laughed, he said, "I feel for ya, I've been there myself". Jimmy said, "Really?? Can you help me then?" The man just looked at him and laughed and said, "Hell no brother, you are on your own!!""

It probably didn't help that I was asking questions that I really didn't need to know the answers too, but I was enjoying their discomfort just a little too much. :devil: :devil:

Funk-d-fied
04-20-2007, 08:52 AM
good stuff

pirate4state
04-20-2007, 09:12 AM
LOL too funny

BuffyMars
04-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Yup, I am so lucky. When that time rolls around and I am feeling like shizzzzznizzle.....Terry goes for me, no problems. :D

Funk-d-fied
04-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Men, buy in bulk! save you the trip later!

Adidas410s
04-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Chopblock
My wife quit asking me to get them for her when she heard from a friend that I was sending my kids on pass routes using the bag of pads as a football in Wal Mart

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
04-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Yup, I am so lucky. When that time rolls around and I am feeling like shizzzzznizzle.....Terry goes for me, no problems. :D

This is probably way too much information, but, he has no problem with buying tampons. The pads were a whole other experience though! (One he never wants to experience again).

Jimmy is kinda quiet, so if he'd been alone, he would have just called and went on his merry little way, but my daughter's boyfriend is very outgoing, I think he was the one who probably drew all the attention, just because he is loud and rambunctios!

Either way....it gave me my laugh on what was otherwise, due to a "crisis" with my oldest son, kind of a crappy day!!

pirate4state
04-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Either way....it gave me my laugh on what was otherwise, due to a "crisis" with my oldest son, kind of a crappy day!! :(

Fotbol
04-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Femine commercials has eased the pain some, I am a pro at this sorta thing MIMI's , Maxi's Tamps, etc...:nerd:

Ranger Mom
04-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:(

I know!!

He called me at 11:30 yesterday morning...when I answered the phone I could tell he was crying! Talena is probably the only one here who knows Chad well enough to know that he DOES NOT cry.

When I finally got him calmed down enough to talk, he told me that a horse ($10,000 horse, at that) that he was breaking got spooked by a rabbit while he was saddling it. She took off bucking and Chad jumped on her neck. She ran him into the fence and proceeded bucking. Her saddle slipped and she got her leg caught in the saddle and snapped it in two.

He called the vet and the owner and then laid down with the horse to soothe her til someone got there to put her out of her misery, and then called good old mom and had a complete breakdown! It was one of the saddest things I had ever heard!!

CHS_CG
04-20-2007, 09:44 AM
I know!!

He called me at 11:30 yesterday morning...when I answered the phone I could tell he was crying! Talena is probably the only one here who knows Chad well enough to know that he DOES NOT cry.

When I finally got him calmed down enough to talk, he told me that a horse ($10,000 horse, at that) that he was breaking got spooked by a rabbit while he was saddling it. She took off bucking and Chad jumped on her neck. She ran him into the fence and proceeded bucking. Her saddle slipped and she got her leg caught in the saddle and snapped it in two.

He called the vet and the owner and then laid down with the horse to soothe her til someone got there to put her out of her misery, and then called good old mom and had a complete breakdown! It was one of the saddest things I had ever heard!!

This is so true.. Chad never crys.. never has a break down... never really lets emotions come through that much... and when kellye told me about this.. its just crazy... I am kinda glad chad had a break down though.. he probably needed it!

pirate4state
04-20-2007, 09:59 AM
I know!!

:( :( :( :(

lepfan
04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
got spooked by a rabbit I bet he runs over or shoots every rabbit he sees for the next 20 years!!!!

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2007, 11:37 AM

hahaha

that kind of story could make the newspaper in some small towns....

RangerMom (I mean Kiki) ...Congratulations!:clap: :clap: :clap: Have you posted any pictures of the baby yet?

Ranger Mom
04-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
hahaha

that kind of story could make the newspaper in some small towns....

RangerMom (I mean Kiki) ...Congratulations!:clap: :clap: :clap: Have you posted any pictures of the baby yet?

I think Rita posted the one I sent her, I haven't uploaded anymore yet...but I will be more than happy to post the one I DO have!!:D :D

She was about 12 hours old here! That stupid headband thingy left indentions on her head so her momma took it off....THANK GOODNESS!!!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/KRSimmons/Kelissa.jpg

AP Panther Fan
04-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I think Rita posted the one I sent her, I haven't uploaded anymore yet...but I will be more than happy to post the one I DO have!!:D :D

She was about 12 hours old here! That stupid headband thingy left indentions on her head so her momma took it off....THANK GOODNESS!!!!

lol...she is cute! Those little headbands are horrible...the things we put our kids through. ;)

Glad everyone is doing well!

Blastoderm55
04-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I have never understood why some guys freak about getting things like this for women. I get Buffy her monthly essentials all the time and it never bothers me.

Same here. Its not like the stuff is for us. :p

smustangs
04-20-2007, 01:39 PM

nice haha might have to try that one, "son go deep this pack has wings its goin to fly."