PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Tech Effect

Bulldog_12
04-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Ok, so I just got out of a class early. While sitting in class a police officer came to our door and motioned for our prof to come talk to her. He was outside for about 5 minutes then came back in with a girl who was crying and shaking and shut both doors. He then went back to teaching while we all wondered what was going on. The officer came back, got the girl and motioned for the prof again. He went and talked to her for a few more minutes then came back in to explain what was going on.

Apparently the girl was being followed around the building by a guy. The guy was described as a mid-20's guy with a history of mental problems and was asking for this girl by name everywhere. He also told us that the police have not been able to find him yet. This girl was still in our class at this time. The class then went into panic mode over this person being loose in the building. I have never been so nervous before in my life. I would have never been like that had the VT thing not happened this week. We left class and went into the halls to see 20-30 police walking around the building looking for this person. Needless to say I left quickly.

Just wanted to share this story with you to show how much an event can completely change things. Last week I would have thought, "Man that sucks that she is being stalked." Now you think, "This girl is in our class room and a mentally unstable guy is looking for her. He might shoot us." Thats it. There are my thoughts.

Funk-d-fied
04-19-2007, 04:51 PM
wow.... i hope it all works out.

mustang59
04-19-2007, 05:01 PM
I believe your reaction and that of the girl's is perfectly normal after what happened at VT. It makes us all more aware of our vulnerabilities. Like the saying goes, "better safe than sorry".