PDA

View Full Version : I have a funny feeling

Matthew328
11-11-2003, 08:32 AM
that in Round 2 one of the "Big 5" in Division 1 will fall...the "Big 5" being Burnet, Gainesville, Forney, Everman and Jasper...

all 5 have potentially tough games in the second round...Burnet likely getting Cuero...Gainesville may have the easiest of the games against Lindale..but Lindale could give Gainesville problems..GHS hasn't had a close game all season and it'll be interesting to see how they react in a tight game..Forney gets either Spring Hill or Carthage and either one is more than capable of an upset...Everman likely gets a VERY tough Graham squad who is ranked higher than Everman in a lot of polls..and Jasper likely gets an underrated Waco Connally squad who is my darkhorse in Region 3..Connally has all kinds of firepower..

It may not happen but I really think one of these 5 will go down early..

Matthew328
11-11-2003, 10:31 AM
ttt

jason
11-11-2003, 11:05 AM
for Forneys sake, i hope its Gainesville...

Matthew328
11-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Gainesville hasn't had a tough game yet this year....and they have the least amount of playoff experience out of the "Big 5"....If I had to pick one team that I think would lose it would be Jasper to Waco Connally

jason
11-11-2003, 11:12 AM
did u fill out a bracket in 3afan2k3's predict it post??? i think i picked connaly over jasper in it...

JasperDog94
11-11-2003, 11:32 AM
I'm hoping that Jasper doesn't look over anybody in their bracket. It's nice to look forward to a rematch with Burnet, but both teams have to take care of business in order to get there.

<small>[ November 11, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

southern_thunder
11-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Every one seems to be selling the dogs short! Jasper wont be looking past anyone they will be playing one game at a time and will surprise some people each week. This years team may not have as much individual talent as last years but they are more focused and play together better as a team with one goal in mind and that is the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

BHS#1
11-11-2003, 11:54 AM
Doesn't Lindale have another Head Coach named Shipley?

LogieJoeBean001
11-11-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Matthew328. Not giving Wharton a chance against Cuero, huh? Nobody gave them a chance against Rice either. I'm not saying they'll win for sure, that wouldn't be the smart thing to do, but I sure wouldn't sell them short. If they play with the determination that they did last Friday, I think anything is possible.

LogieJoeBean001
11-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Oh yeah, Wharton would like another shot at Burnet too! I would like to see the two teams play each other again this year. Burnet is one of the most awesome high school teams I've seen in a long time. But I also think Wharton has a few more cards to lay out on the table this year.

Gobbla2001
11-11-2003, 03:14 PM
I'm scared of Wharton, aint gunna lie to ya, they could very well kick our butts, they're the most talented team in 3A that I've seen in years (yes, that's my honest opinion)...

It just depends on which Wharton and Cuero teams show up, but I'm counting on a good game, these are two very dangerous teams...

j_dog
11-12-2003, 01:45 AM
JasperDog94:
I'm hoping that Jasper doesn't look over anybody in their bracket. It's nice to look forward to a rematch with Burnet, but both teams have to take care of business in order to get there.I so totally agree! Mexia is going to be bringing it to the Dogs Friday night, and if Jasper doesn't handle that properly, there won't be any match-up with Waco C. or anyone else. :mad:

Buckeye80
11-12-2003, 08:36 AM
BHS#1:
Doesn't Lindale have another Head Coach named Shipley?I don't know about that, but Gilmer Harmony (2A) has a QB named Jordan Shipp...just one syllable short.

espn1
11-12-2003, 09:07 AM
BHS#1:
Doesn't Lindale have another Head Coach named Shipley?They're brothers.

HAMMER
11-12-2003, 09:41 AM
BHS#1:
Doesn't Lindale have another Head Coach named Shipley?He is the A.D. - not head football Ben Shipley

Tarpon2004
11-12-2003, 10:07 AM
I had a funny feeling to but it was something I ate...

jcwa88
11-12-2003, 10:27 PM
give-jasper-a-break.we-are-better-than-you-think!!!!!! :mad:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Is this the same Wharton team that played Navasota? If so they must have had a off night when they played the Rattlers because they looked very bad and undisciplined! :o

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2003, 10:59 PM
Gobbla you say Wharton is the most talented team you have seen in 3a in years? Have you only been to Wharton vs Wharton games or what, the game I saw them play they played very poor! Very unimpresive!

sinton 1316
11-12-2003, 11:00 PM
jcwa88:
give-jasper-a-break.we-are-better-than-you-think!!!!!! :mad: im not sure i understand...could you spell it out for me?
j/k
good luck to everyone in the playoffs!

GETBACKCOACH
11-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Mathew,
Just some food for thought on the playoff experience or lack of. This football teams' seniors have played in 3 playoff games and lost 4 games as High school players (JV and Varsity). The juniors have played in 2 playoffs and lost a grand total of 2 games as high school players (10-0 twice on JV). The sophmores 9 on Varsity have never lost a game in high school (10-0 JV and now 10-0 as Varsity players.

There are 6 players on this team that already have a State Championship Ring (Basketball). Playoff experience is more than thought. Winning is learned not taught.

j_dog
11-13-2003, 02:41 AM
jcwa88:
give-jasper-a-break.we-are-better-than-you-think!!!!!! :mad: We don't need a "break", just a chance. And the Dogs get their first chance against Mexia, Friday night. :D They win, they get their recognition. If they lose, then not. It is that simple.

SintonFan
11-13-2003, 03:09 AM
I had a funny feeling a few might get upset with this topic. Oh well.....
what else is new? :rolleyes:
It's what your team does on the field that counts. Period!

bc 76
11-13-2003, 07:04 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma Wharton has improved a lot i think they finally matured and not beating themselves with stupid penalties.I was just wondering about the bellville defense how could you all give up that many points to rice makes me wonder how strong a team Bellville is?

rodeo6
11-13-2003, 12:50 PM
bc76 you dont know crap about football.Bellville is a very good team on both sides of the ball.As far as rice is concerned , I was at the game and Wharton didn't see half of what Rice can do offensively.Rice's coach called a very conservative game against wharton ,which is a little out of character.Wharton wasn't very good against the pass . Rice just didn't throw the ball much.When they did the receivers were wide open.Bellville would eat Wharton up.

whatusay2
11-13-2003, 08:48 PM
SintonFan:
I had a funny feeling a few might get upset with this topic. Oh well.....
what else is new? :rolleyes:
It's what your team does on the field that counts. Period!Who's upset?