04-19-2007, 01:41 PM
I just got a text message telling me he transfered

JR2004
04-19-2007, 01:41 PM
He sure did.

If you can't beat'em, join'em!

Funk-d-fied
04-19-2007, 01:45 PM
yeah, i read that a few months back, so i guess it is for real, wow.... that kids killing his draft future.

LH Panther Mom
04-19-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure I blame him, all things considered.

:doh: :doh: Way to blow the 15,000th.

big daddy russ
04-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
yeah, i read that a few months back, so i guess it is for real, wow.... that kids killing his draft future.
You're right.

Rodney Peete- 6th Round (141st overall)

Todd Marinovich- 1st Round (24th overall)
Pat O'Hara- 10th Round (260th overall... Career backup)

Rob Johnson- 4th Round (99th overall)

Kyle Wachholtz- 7th Round (240th overall)

Carson Palmer- 1st Round (First overall)

Matt Cassel- 7th Round (230th overall... Career backup)

Matt Leinart- 1st Round (10th overall)

...And finally...

Matt Gutierrez- Transferred from USC to Iowa State after his Redshirt Sophomore season... He'll likely be an undrafted free agent.

Sounds like a school that has problems developing QB's.

Personally I don't like the move, but I doubt it'll hurt his draft stock at all.

eagles_victory
04-19-2007, 02:43 PM
right now hes 3rd team behind Booty and Sanchez i would think... Sanchez is suppose to be an outstanding qb some even said he might push Booty but i dont think so

Funk-d-fied
04-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Listen smart ask, I was talking about his unpredictability, and all of the trouble he is surrounded by. The coaches drama, the parents, the transfers, and before hi signed how he kept committing and decommitting. Not about USC. I was speakingabout the kid.

big daddy russ
04-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
Listen smart ask, I was talking about his unpredictability, and all of the trouble he is surrounded by. The coaches drama, the parents, the transfers, and before hi signed how he kept committing and decommitting. Not about USC. I was speakingabout the kid.
I don't know. I think that if he can put all this behind him, compete for a starter's spot (which he has a great chance of winning), and show the scouts how talented he is, there's a good chance he'll wind up benifitting from the move.

hawkfan
04-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm not sure I blame him, all things considered.

I don't blame him either. I blame mommy and daddy for thinking that they could tell Coach Nutt how to run his program. Now I think mommy and daddy told him to transfer and it will only hurt him, especially when mommy and daddy are unhappy at USC's offense when their running backs are gaining to many yards when they should be throwing or in their opinion their little baby is not getting to play.:( Then mommy and daddy will want him to tranfer again and the whole process starts over again.

Macarthur
04-19-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm kinda surprised he picked USC given their depth. He could have gone to some pro-style offenses like Arizona State, Washington State or somewhere like that and put up some numbers for the scouts.