PDA

View Full Version : UT"s football schedule in 2007 is tough!

Phil C
04-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Posted by themsu97: now phil, I got the poster with the schedule on it...
Arkansas State and Sam Houston... not exactly top of the line opponents... then Rice... tough there

I think I have examined it before but to present newer ideas I will not look back at my old posts. Don't be fooled them. This schedule is very tough.

Sept 1 Arkansas State - will be much tougher than people think. This team will be determined to come to Texas and show us that Arkansas teams are good and football is played there not just at the University of Arkansas. This alone is very scary indeed and we must be watchful and careful.

Sept 8 TCU - this really scares me. They are a good team and even if not considered giants they are giant killers which makes you want to jump in a pit sty. Remember in 1961 they cost UT and Ohio State a national championship in football. And that is just one year. Oh woe is me! :(

Sept. 15 Central Florida - in Florida!!! This is scary indeed. They are playing in a brand new stadium so they will be determined. Remember Florida has great players and they don't all go to Miami, Florida State or Florida. Scary times indeed.

Sept 22 Rice - Don't be fooled because Rice has had some top ten teams in the past. In the fifties they had some teams ranked in the top 5! Plus they cost us the NC in 1962 with a tie. Fortunately this year the game is in Austin but still we have to be careful.

Sept. 29 Kansas State - I don't have to remind you what happened when we played them last year. Plus this year the grandson of Jack Ging (former great Oklahoma player and actor) and Witchita State's great running back is playing for them and is a year older. That increases the risk.

Oct. 6 - Oklahoma. I don't need to remind you how great they are and they are very upset with losing two games in a row to us and Coach Stoops will be determined to win this one.

October 13 Iowa State. That is where a former UT defensive coach now is and he knows our team. This is most fearsome. It makes you almost want to swim through a river of aligators.

October 20 in Bayor. Very scary indeed. Remember Baylor almost beat us there in 1970 and we have had several close calls there. Most scary indeed.

October 27 Nebraska - a great team indeed who is mad about losing to us last year. Remember Nebraskas won several national champions in the 90s as well as other decades.

November 3 at Oklahoma State - Many close calls up there whch is most scary indeed. :(

November 10 Texas Tech in Austin. I don't need to remind you of the scare they gave us last year. They throw that ball a lot. Most scary indeed.

November 23 at Texas A&M. The Aggies beat us last year in Austin and this year the game is in College Station. Pardon me while go dunk my hat in a creek. :(

Very tough schedule. Remember we don't play no mullets down here.

mustang04
04-19-2007, 11:30 AM
wow...i think you might have dramaticized it a lil too much

injuredinmelee
04-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Phil it is a sort of joke schedule before conference play begins with the exception of TCU who has nothing to lose in the game and has adequate talent to pull off an upset.

Phil C
04-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Last year Arkansas State handed Troy it's only loss of the season so they are tough. Plus they beat Army and Memphis. This game isn't going to be no picknic.

Also remember Army has had some great teams in the past winning the national championship in 1944 and 1945 and had a perfect record in 1946 except for the tie with National Championship Notre Dame in a game in which Army outplayed the Irish.

I'm beginning to want to go up a skyscrappier and go out on a flagpole over a city and chin 50 times. :(

injuredinmelee
04-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Last year Arkansas State handed Troy it's only loss of the season so they are tough. Plus they beat Army and Memphis. This game isn't going to be no picknic.

Also remember Army has had some great teams in the past winning the national championship in 1944 and 1945 and had a perfect record in 1946 except for the tie with National Championship Notre Dame in a game in which Army outplayed the Irish.

I'm beginning to want to go up a skyscrappier and go out on a flagpole over a city and chin 50 times. :(
Phil you have to stop drinking this early in the morning. Army is a joke in football, Troy is a bigger joke, and arkie state... wow be realistic my friend.

tigerpride_08
04-19-2007, 11:54 AM
HAHA...Great Stuff Man!!!...Love IT!!!

Phil C
04-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Phil you have to stop drinking this early in the morning. Army is a joke in football, Troy is a bigger joke, and arkie state... wow be realistic my friend.

Don't forget inj that Troy has won some NAIA national championships in the past. And this was done on the field - not on paper. :eek:

3afan
04-19-2007, 12:03 PM

FYI, LAST YEAR:
Troy was 8-5
Memphis was 2-10
Army was 3-9

But Phil - which opponent has the dynamic young coach?

:D

themsu97
04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
that is good stuff Phil...

I will begin pulling for the 'Horns full time in the fall of '08, when early commit DJ Monroe dons the pads

injuredinmelee
04-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Don't forget inj that Troy has won some NAIA national championships in the past. And this was done on the field - not on paper. :eek:
Phil phil phil.. naia championship? We could get 11 fat girls out of the band and compete as a football team in NAIA.

LH Panther Mom
04-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Phil phil phil.. naia championship? We could get 11 fat girls out of the band and compete as a football team in NAIA. Good Lord.....just make sure they wear something besides the white Wranglers. :speech: :speech:

themsu97
04-19-2007, 01:29 PM
that is gross...LHPmom... just nasty

LH Panther Mom
04-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
that is gross...LHPmom... just nasty But admit it....you laughed. :D

themsu97
04-19-2007, 01:41 PM
heck, I am still laughin'

Phil C
04-19-2007, 01:52 PM
"I'm glad I had to face a bull instead of that tough UT football schedule" said the Sinton Matador while on his way upstairs to the snack bar for another cup of coffee.

http://www.indigenthealthcaresolutions.com/photo_album/2006-auditors-el_paso/originals/426.jpg

Old Green
04-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Central Florida. Wasn't there a large brawl between them and Miami last year ? Those guys are fighters too>

big daddy russ
04-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Sept. 15 Central Florida - ...Remember Florida has great players and they don't all go to Miami, Florida State or Florida...

You're right. They go to Auburn.

injuredinmelee
04-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Central Florida. Wasn't there a large brawl between them and Miami last year ? Those guys are fighters too>

they proved slightly better at fist-i-cuffs than they were at football.

Old Green
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
they proved slightly better at fist-i-cuffs than they were at football. LoL:D

Phil C
04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
they proved slightly better at fist-i-cuffs than they were at football.

Man that increases the risk. I am sure glad I had to face the brave bull instead of those guys. Whew.

http://www.indigenthealthcaresolutions.com/photo_album/2006-auditors-el_paso/originals/426.jpg

Phil C
04-19-2007, 04:43 PM
And anothe thing. A&M has McGee who will be a junior this year and he is outstanding. He is the best option qb since Jack Mildred at Oklahoma. I expect him in two years to be drafted in the NFL in the top ten and be a big NFL QB star before he is finished.

Old Tiger
04-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Phil you have to stop drinking this early in the morning. Army is a joke in football, Troy is a bigger joke, and arkie state... wow be realistic my friend. You must remember injured that when Phil was growing up they were the best of the best

Old Tiger
04-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Central Florida. Wasn't there a large brawl between them and Miami last year ? Those guys are fighters too> I think it was Florida International

Old Tiger
04-19-2007, 04:47 PM
And anothe thing. A&M has McGee who will be a junior this year and he is outstanding. He is the best option qb since Jack Mildred at Oklahoma. I expect him in two years to be drafted in the NFL in the top ten and be a big NFL QB star before he is finished. Tommie Frazier ;)