PDA

View Full Version : Fort Stockton Track

Funk-d-fied
04-19-2007, 09:04 AM
FS hosts District 2-3A track

Fort Stockton features some of the fastest runners in the district. The Panthers did not disappoint winning district runners-up just being edged out by Monahans.

The District 2-3A track meet finals took place in Fort Stockton Panther Stadium this past Thursday in a challenging meet due to the strong winds late in the evening.
In the finals of the 800m run, Sam Franklin ran an impressive run finishing in first place, with his teammate Ceasar Rodriguez ending up in second place. Franklin after finishing the race stated, "It was pretty tough around the last lap because of the wind, but I managed to pull through."

In the 110m high hurdles, Sergio Corral was leading up to the very last hurdle where he stumbled and ended up finishing in fourth place just missing qualifying for regionals. "I'm pretty upset, but I have to keep a positive attitude for the rest of the meet."

His teammate Hunter Stennet finished the race in third place advancing to the regionals track meet that will take place at Ratliff Stadium in Odessa on April 27th & 28th.

The highlight of the evening was the much anticipated men's 4x400 meter relay run in which Fort Stockton won handedly deeming them a force in the upcoming meet in Odessa.

Regional qualifiers:

FS 4x100 relay

FS 4x200 relay

FS 4x400 relay

800m run - Sam Franklin, Ceasar Rodriguez

110 Hurdles - Hunter Stennet

100m run - Desi Urias, Adrian Leyva

400m run - Adrian Nevarez, Sam Franklin

300m Hurdles - Jonathan Pacheco, Ceasar Rodriguez

200m run - Adrian Nevarez, Desi Urias

1600m run - Anthony Ontiveros

Long Jump - Adrian Nevarez

Triple Jump - Sergio Corral, Adrian Nevarez

High Jump - Brandon Mehan

Shot Put - Jacob Carpentar

Discus - Zach Rodriguez

Also qualifying on relays: Francisco Jacquez, Esai Ontiveros

All these young athletes have qualified for the regional track meet in Odessa. Fort Stockton will be well represented with a great group of young athletes.