PDA

View Full Version : Man arrested after making threats to college

kepdawg
04-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Man arrested after making threats to college

Bowie: Police holding suspect on weapons charge

07:00 PM CDT on Wednesday, April 18, 2007

By PEGGY HEINKEL-WOLFE / Denton Record-Chronicle

Bowie police arrested a 40-year-old Montague County man on a weapons charge after North Central Texas College officials reported a caller making Virginia Tech massacre-like threats.

Jeffrey Riley Hankins was booked into the Montague County jail on the charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon in a prohibited place. Bail was set at $250,000.

North Central Texas College spokesman Rodger Boyce said in a news release that the school's business office got an anonymous call late Monday from a man upset that his wife, a student at the college's Bowie campus, had not received a financial aid check. The man made vague threats with references to the shootings at Virginia Tech, the release stated.

He called again Tuesday with specific threats of violence toward a staff member, again referencing the shootings.

Mr. Boyce said NCTC officials determined the caller's identity and when he would be on campus.

According to police reports, officers found Mr. Hankins on campus about noon Tuesday with a 9mm handgun and extra ammunition in his car.

Police are continuing to investigate.

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:26 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: wow...

Keith7
04-18-2007, 08:29 PM
ouch, my old alma matter.. I'm glad the authorities were on top of this

injuredinmelee
04-18-2007, 09:00 PM
how big an idiot was this guy?

htowntransplant
04-18-2007, 09:01 PM
does this guy not have a conscious? after the deadliest rage massacre in american history and he pulls this act....i cannot believe him. if he has nads, ill personally go kick them.