PDA

View Full Version : Cinco De Mayo

DDBooger
04-18-2007, 08:00 PM
does anyone just wish Floyd Mayweather would get his face pushed in? i can't stand that loud mouth SOB

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
does anyone just wish Floyd Mayweather would get his face pushed in? i can't stand that loud mouth SOB hahaha,I think cocky boxers like Floyd (cuz there are definitely more then just him,example: if anyone watched Contender U.S. vs. UK, the first bout was Walter Wright vs...not making this up...Sugar Ray Cassius Jones Jr...you know he's cocky) anyway, what they are doing are 1 of 2 things, depending on how you look at it. (1) they see Ali and saw how cocky he was. They see that it makes him even greater when he predicts his when and then backs it up. So they want to be like Ali, like Floyd saying he is the best ever. (2) or you could view his cockiness as trying to do what Ali did: bring more people to the sport. MAyweather and De La Hoya are playing good boxer-badass boxer. De La Hoya gives the sob story of his mother being his passion for all the sensitive suckers and get them to watch the match. Then you have Mayweather, who is Ali-like in his taunting and cockiness, who attracts the fans that are not pulled in with the sob stories.

Mayweather is exactly like Ali in the fact that a lot of people will be watching on May 5 just to watch him lose. People wanted to watch Ali more because they wanted to see him be defeated. Also, people want to see if he can back up what he says. This fight is being made for any fan: haters of Mayweather, lovers of Mayweather, people curious of Mayweather, lovers of De La Hoya, and people like us who are just fight fans. (ofcourse, atleast for me, just about every fight seems to be made for me to watch lol)

btw, i cant wait for this fight, been waiting on this one for a while. Im really thinking mayweather is too fast for delahoya, but it will be a very good bout.

DDBooger
04-18-2007, 08:11 PM
agree he may be too fast, but has mayweather been in the ring with anyone of delahoya's caliber? delahoya has gone all the way up to hopkins(which he was out of his league)

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
agree he may be too fast, but has mayweather been in the ring with anyone of delahoya's caliber? delahoya has gone all the way up to hopkins(which he was out of his league) i saw that fight and agree, hopkins is one of my favorite alltime boxers.

as for speaking,mayweather really hasnt boxed anyone, his story is alot like the boxer from the new rocky movie(obviously not rocky) where people dont think much of him because he simply hasnt faced anyone worth while. and even after this bout, there will still be skeptics saying that delahoya is old and not in his prime. still thinking mayweather hasnt proved himself, but after delahoya, there isnt many big named boxers out there in the weight class to show up.

have you heard the rumor where mayweather might retire after this bout? i think its total horse crap and he will lose a fan in me if he does do this.

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:21 PM
have you heard the interviews mayweather had on ufc? i found those hilarious. (i hate ufc):D

injuredinmelee
04-18-2007, 08:21 PM
I am pumped about this fight. Did yall watch the HBO miniseries they are doing on the fight leading up to it? It comes on after Entourage. Sunday was the first episode. ITs good.

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I am pumped about this fight. Did yall watch the HBO miniseries they are doing on the fight leading up to it? It comes on after Entourage. Sunday was the first episode. ITs good. i dont have hbo...(but if someone wanted to tape them for me.... :D)

i went to the interview with these two a few months back here in dallas. they went on a 7 city tour promoting the fights, i got my gloves signed by delahoya and his new trainer freddy roach, got a few pictures but they are still on the camera....hahaha

DDBooger
04-18-2007, 08:28 PM
im just hoping mayweather stays in and fights. mayweather's last fight was stupid and boring he hit and ran, hit and ran. he got into it with larry merchent when merchent stated if he was so great how come he doesn't fight great. EWWW that pissed off fairweather

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:28 PM
ok.....whoever just picked a draw is an idiot and knows nothing about boxing.

injuredinmelee
04-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I can picture De La Hoyas trainer knowing anything about boxing. He doesnt look like a master of the sweet science. Its like me trying to sell dietary products.

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:36 PM
im just hoping mayweather stays in and fights. mayweather's last fight was stupid and boring he hit and ran, hit and ran. he got into it with larry merchent when merchent stated if he was so great how come he doesn't fight great. EWWW that pissed off fairweather he really pissed of Baldomir when they boxed back in november, he would run in hit him 4-5 times and run out. baldomir couldnt touch him, since mayweather just about 100 times too fast, and about 3 round he completly lost it and started making stupid decisions and mayweather whipped the floor with him to take his welterweight belt

one problem is he has weak right hand and tends to hurt it and that will be his weakness.

what do you think about mayweathers dad joining the team with his uncle after not talking for so long???????

freddy roach is also the best in the buisness right now, do you think he has what it takes to train delahoya, who's last trainer was mayweathers dad..... great story, i think this bout can bring back some spark in boxing that it hasnt had in a long while.

DDBooger
04-18-2007, 08:36 PM
I can picture De La Hoyas trainer knowing anything about boxing. He doesnt look like a master of the sweet science. Its like me trying to sell dietary products. i hear that. but from what boxing experts say he's a genius.

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
i hear that. but from what boxing experts say he's a genius. he looks like a geek in person, and small..... but he just won trainer of the year. they dont just give that to anyone, i think its a real big pickup for delahoya

DDBooger
04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
he really pissed of Baldomir when they boxed back in november, he would run in hit him 4-5 times and run out. baldomir couldnt touch him, since mayweather just about 100 times too fast, and about 3 round he completly lost it and started making stupid decisions and mayweather whipped the floor with him to take his welterweight belt

one problem is he has weak right hand and tends to hurt it and that will be his weakness.

what do you think about mayweathers dad joining the team with his uncle after not talking for so long???????

freddy roach is also the best in the buisness right now, do you think he has what it takes to train delahoya, who's last trainer was mayweathers dad..... great story, i think this bout can bring back some spark in boxing that it hasnt had in a long while. i think maweather can be beat, but delahoya will have to dictate the fight and not allow mayweather to hit and run. maybe corner him bully him, use his size advantage. pound the body. oscar isn't slow, not as fast as mayweather but he'll present a much more dangerous target than baldo or the guy before him

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:39 PM
He doesnt look like a master of the sweet science. and a sweet science it is :)

injuredinmelee
04-18-2007, 08:40 PM
he looks like a geek in person, and small..... but he just won trainer of the year. they dont just give that to anyone, i think its a real big pickup for delahoya
yeah they say he is the best! Just doenst fit the prototype in my red neck eyes.

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:42 PM
i think maweather can be beat, but delahoya will have to dictate the fight and not allow mayweather to hit and run. maybe corner him bully him, use his size advantage. pound the body. oscar isn't slow, not as fast as mayweather but he'll present a much more dangerous target than baldo or the guy before him im really hoping that mayweather boxes straight up. me and some other friends were debating if he is going to come out and box or just pitty pat oscar all night......this could hurt him if he puts on another hit and run clinic.
People will be mad at him. The difference between him and Ali, was Ali would make an entertaining fight.....and even though Floyd is a pure technical fighter, people want to see him back up his words....I appreciate his skill, but if you cant back your crap up, than thats all you are...crap.

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:43 PM
now we have 2 idiots on the thread. its not going to be a draw.

DDBooger
04-18-2007, 08:48 PM
now we have 2 idiots on the thread. its not going to be a draw. i think someone did it to spite you lol

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:50 PM
i think someone did it to spite you lol yup....HAHAHA:D :evil:

injuredinmelee
04-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Im about to vote draw myself to piss you off. lol

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Im about to vote draw myself to piss you off. lol :(

HAHAHA

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 10:01 PM
wedneday night fights espn2 right now. :)

DU_stud04
04-18-2007, 10:05 PM
good talkin about how timing and patients will dominate speed everytime and then related these two boxers to mayweather and delahoya.

CHS_CG
04-19-2007, 07:52 AM
I am so buying this fight, My dad wont even be home and I told my mom that shes just gunna have to deal with it because this is gunna be the best fight ever!! I hope Dalahoya wins but FM jr is gunna be one tough cookie to beat!

pirate4state
04-19-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm not really a fan of boxing, but I want to watch this fight. :D

jason
04-19-2007, 08:44 AM
who cares about the fight...thats graduation day....

Adidas410s
04-19-2007, 08:47 AM
wow...27 posts in this thread and Phil has yet to post any pictures from the Sinton Matador thread! ;)

DU_stud04
04-19-2007, 12:40 PM
ladies and gentalmen....i give you

FREDDIE ROACH

http://www.everlastboxing.com/articles/img/freddy-roach.jpg

Freddie Roach has been in the boxing game since he first stepped into the ring at six years old. After 150 pro and amateur fights, Roach moved from fighting to training. He is currently one of the most popular trainers in boxing, and has coached several current champions to world titles. Some of the boxers he has trained include Manny Pacquiao, James Toney, Vanes Martirosyan, Israel Vasquez, Peter Manfredo Jr. and Mike Tyson. Roach was voted Trainer of the Year by the Boxing Writers Association of America in both 2003 and 2006. Roach will train Oscar De La Hoya for his May 5 superfight against Floyd Mayweather Jr.

He is a member of the World Boxing Hall of Fame.

DU_stud04
04-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Mayweather Sr. has said in several interviews that De La Hoya did not look spectacular until he began training him. He also dismissed every other trainer by repeatedly stating that he is the only man that can show De La Hoya how to beat his son.

Roach called Floyd Sr. a "joke." He said that the elder Mayweather never did anything to develop De La Hoya or his son Floyd Jr.

“Exactly who did he ever train?” Roach said. “Oscar was already a finished product when Floyd got him, and the whole time Floyd Jr. was developing as a boxer, his Uncle Roger (Mayweather) trained him because Floyd was in jail.”

LH Panther Mom
04-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Im about to vote draw myself to piss you off. lol :thumbsup: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

DU_stud04
04-20-2007, 12:12 AM
40 picked draw? im going to go cry now......... :( i hate you all.......

DU_stud04
05-03-2007, 07:04 PM
ttt

RMAC
05-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I vote for beer.

SintonFan
05-03-2007, 07:08 PM
40 picked draw? im going to go cry now......... :( i hate you all.......
I voted for Oscar. Well cuz my wife told me I better that is.:D

DDBooger
05-03-2007, 07:16 PM
can't wait, its gonna be a festive cinco de mayo

DU_stud04
05-03-2007, 07:17 PM
if anyone is in the arlington area, head out to winghouse, were getting a room there with 2 bigscreens, about 30 of us, should be a blast.