PDA

View Full Version : for those who think Vince is "Undeserving"

mustang04
04-18-2007, 12:43 AM
of the cover picture...watch this highlight video.....YES peyton, LT, or omebody like that might be the "seasoned veteran tried and true...but Vince is associated with excitement and thriller runs...

just watch the video.....step outside of your box and ask yourself..."Does this really look like poor performances by A ROOKIE QUARTERBACK?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piz1WIcS5nU

BIG_STICK
04-18-2007, 09:40 AM
This guy doesnt deserve the cover eh didnt deserve anythign he got last year. The NFL will figure him out and he will not last very long.

Adidas410s
04-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by BIG_STICK
This guy doesnt deserve the cover eh didnt deserve anythign he got last year. The NFL will figure him out and he will not last very long.

Kinda like how Texas...and LSU...and K State...and USC...heck even Texas Tech figured out Stoops?

Funk-d-fied
04-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Na, as an AGGIE fan mind you, Vince is very very talented. He is a playmaker and makes things happen. he might not be the most well-rounded qb in the NFL but he will make plays, he might not make them all but he has the drive and want to try. He is deserving of everything.

mustang04
04-18-2007, 09:46 AM

HA! shows how much you know....i think you have it backwards.....the NFL won't figure him out, HE will figure them out! sry, but anybody who can come in and make a crummy team a really decent team as a rookie QB is good in my book

Maroon87
04-18-2007, 09:47 AM
The big question is, can he break "the curse"?:thinking:

mustang04
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
Na, as an AGGIE fan mind you, Vince is very very talented. He is a playmaker and makes things happen. he might not be the most well-rounded qb in the NFL but he will make plays, he might not make them all but he has the drive and want to try. He is deserving of everything.

TOUCHE'

like i said...there are the more seasoned vets who have better mechanics and all that.....but Vince is one of those that once he get's in a groove in a game...it's a long night for the other team's defense

mustang04
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied

TOUCHE'

like i said...there are the more seasoned vets who have better mechanics and all that.....but Vince is one of those that once he get's in a groove in a game...it's a long night for the other team's defense

injuredinmelee
04-18-2007, 09:48 AM

great post. Tell us why you feel that way? Or is it just that you hate him because he went to UT?

un b weavable
04-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
of the cover picture...watch this highlight video.....YES peyton, LT, or omebody like that might be the "seasoned veteran tried and true...but Vince is associated with excitement and thriller runs...

just watch the video.....step outside of your box and ask yourself..."Does this really look like poor performances by A ROOKIE QUARTERBACK?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piz1WIcS5nU

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

mustang04
04-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by un b weavable

i know...it makes ya sick how good he is!!

injuredinmelee
04-18-2007, 10:33 AM

yes he is def no Reggie or McGee.

mustang04
04-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

hahahaha

Vince can wn 5 straight superbowls and Aggies would still doubt him.....sometimes they just need to realize they don't always have the best players...in fact...RARELY do they have the best players

pirate4state
04-18-2007, 10:38 AM
:doh: :doh:

mustang04
04-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: :doh:

ok ok...this aint turning into a UT vs. A&M thread......

so how do yall think the Titans will do next year???

un b weavable
04-18-2007, 10:39 AM

That's not what i said. And the "you dont like you just because he's from texas" crap is getting really old.

pirate4state
04-18-2007, 10:40 AM

keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't

injuredinmelee
04-18-2007, 10:42 AM
That's not what i said. And the "you dont like you just because he's from texas" crap is getting really old.

tell me us all why you dont like him then. Give us some reasoning behind it.

mustang04
04-18-2007, 10:47 AM

i think someone is just ashamed to admit that there are better QB's than themselves out there in the world

un b weavable
04-18-2007, 10:54 AM
tell me us all why you dont like him then. Give us some reasoning behind it.

I think he's kinda cocky, but i really dont have much of a problem with him as a player. The main thing that annoys me is that everyone rides him and acts like he's God's gift to football. I dont think he is.

un b weavable
04-18-2007, 11:00 AM
i think someone is just ashamed to admit that there are better QB's than themselves out there in the world

Im not sure that what you said makes any sense. Maybe its just me.:confused: Please clarify.

themsu97
04-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Vince had a good to average rookie season... more hype than anything else...which is not his fault...
2 words... Michael Vick...

what is funny is how if anyone says anything negative about Vince, then he is automatically an aggie and at UT hater, but what about those of you who think the opposite, that he does no wrong...

trust me, it is a matter of time before the NFL figures him out...

I hope that Vince is successful, but history says he will not, the league cannot conform to what he does best which is improvise...

name a Running QB that has won a super bowl...

un b weavable
04-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
Vince had a good to average rookie season... more hype than anything else...which is not his fault...

what is funny is how if anyone says anything negative about Vince, then he is automatically an aggie and at UT hater, but what about those of you who think the opposite, that he does no wrong...

I hope that Vince is successful, but history says he will not, the league cannot conform to what he does best which is improvise...

This guy gets it. Great post.:clap: :clap:

coach
04-18-2007, 11:06 AM
he is a winner ill give him that but lok at his stats..hes a good player...not a great one yet but i do think reggie is overrating him just a litle...lets wait a few years and then we can say he is a great Pro qb

themsu97
04-18-2007, 11:07 AM
my thoughts exactly coach...

pirate4state
04-18-2007, 11:07 AM
The main thing that annoys me is that everyone rides him and acts like he's God's gift to football. I dont think he is. It is equally annoying when people ride him into the ground when, like it or not, he has been successful. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. :)

Everyone is entitled to like or not like someone. I wish everyone would GET that!! This place would be that much more enjoyable.

Txbroadcaster
04-18-2007, 11:08 AM

What do you define as a running QB?

Staubach was a scrambler he won 2 SB..Steve Young a scrambler he won a SB..Fran Tarketon lost but still made it to the SB 3 times and he was a pure scrambling QB.

themsu97
04-18-2007, 11:11 AM
a guy who is run first... which is Young... Steve Young when he finally won was a pass first guy... as was Staubach...
Until Vince can read a defense and make the correct throw... he will be an average NFL qb like VIck... if he can learn to read and throw, then he will go to great...

but too many qb's that are better...Peyton, Drew,

un b weavable
04-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
It is equally annoying when people ride him into the ground when, like it or not, he has been successful. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. :)

Everyone is entitled to like or not like someone. I wish everyone would GET that!! This place would be that much more enjoyable.

Im not trying to ride him in to the ground, but i realize some people do. I appreciate you letting me have an opinion and not just assuming i hate hime because he went to texas.

un b weavable
04-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Every thread will eventually become a Texas vs. A&M thread if given enough time. :cool:

pirate4state
04-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Every thread will eventually become a Texas vs. A&M thread if given enough time. :cool: :devil: :devil:

injuredinmelee
04-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Vince Young is an exciting player who can win and does more often than not. He was the ONLY reason Texas won the NC. He sells tickets and he will sell the Madden game. Thats what it is all about the all might dollar. Is he the best qb in professional football? Heck no. Could he be someday? Possibly.

oh yeah the Reggie I was referring to was McNeal. Reggie Bush obviously had a better rookie season than Vince.

theyoefnshow
04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
But Reggie didn't make the Madden cover! :D
God I hate the Saints.

I haven't really seen Vince as an arrogant player at all. Certainly not a loudmouth like Moss or TO. But if he is....there's an easy way to shut him up...all you have to do is stop him. He obviously is a gifted athlete. Why hate him for that? His record speaks for itself.

LH Panther Mom
04-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Every thread will eventually become a Texas vs. A&M thread if given enough time. :cool: :doh: :doh: :doh: Sad, but true. :p

Emerson1
04-18-2007, 04:36 PM
a guy who is run first... which is Young... Steve Young when he finally won was a pass first guy... as was Staubach...
Until Vince can read a defense and make the correct throw... he will be an average NFL qb like VIck... if he can learn to read and throw, then he will go to great...

but too many qb's that are better...Peyton, Drew,
You swear you actually saw more than 3 of his games this year. How would you know if he is making the correct throws? Are you on the sidelines hearing what the play is, and who the 1, 2 and 3 receivers are? No you are not. You have no idea if he made the right throw, or if it was just a bad pass or the receiver ran the wrong route. They did have one of the worst receiving corp in the league last season.

Buccaneer
04-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Vince Young is an exciting player who can win and does more often than not. He was the ONLY reason Texas won the NC. He sells tickets and he will sell the Madden game. Thats what it is all about the all might dollar. Is he the best qb in professional football? Heck no. Could he be someday? Possibly.

oh yeah the Reggie I was referring to was McNeal. Reggie Bush obviously had a better rookie season than Vince.

Rushing

Bush 565 yds

Vince 552

Diocletian
04-18-2007, 05:47 PM
it has to be far better for 'us' Vince fans that these naysayers come out and tell him he's undeserving and can't do something....cause all the guy has done since HS is silence critics

so go head keep on tell this guy he's undeserving and can't achieve, he'll be a HoF'er faster that way

bobcat1
04-18-2007, 07:05 PM
he'll be a HoF'er faster that way Rotflmaotie!

Keith7
04-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Madden sure is reaching when it comes to who is on the cover.. Young had a poor season last year, and might be one of the most over hyped QBs in the league right now.. Drew Brees, Ladanian Tomlinson or Peyton Manning would be better fits

here is a trivia question.. what year was the last one that a white guy made the cover??

Emerson1
04-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Madden sure is reaching when it comes to who is on the cover.. Young had a poor season last year, and might be one of the most over hyped QBs in the league right now.. Drew Brees, Ladanian Tomlinson or Peyton Manning would be better fits

here is a trivia question.. what year was the last one that a white guy made the cover??
What you mean is, "I hate everything Texas, and it shows in any post I make about them"

Keith7
04-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What you mean is, "I hate everything Texas, and it shows in any post I make about them"

nope i'm just not a homer..

Emerson1
04-18-2007, 07:19 PM
nope i'm just not a homer..
You are just as much of a homer than anyone else on this website.

Keith7
04-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You are just as much of a homer than anyone else on this website.

ok you are prolly right, but I have no alegance to A&M or UT so my insite should be more valuable on the subject

bandera7
04-18-2007, 07:34 PM
This is coming from a huge vince young fan...I have him on my keeper fantasy league, I have loved him since the first time I saw him play. But he was NOT deserving of the Madden Cover.

I am by no means saying that he is not a very gifted player. But the player that gets on the Madden Cover should be one that either led his team to the Superbowl, received the MVP award, or was just the flat out best player in the NFL that year. Vince was none of those. Good yes, but the best?? Far from it.

I agree that Peyton, LT, Drew Brees, even Shawn Merriman all deserved it. But VY didnt.

mustang04
04-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
This is coming from a huge vince young fan...I have him on my keeper fantasy league, I have loved him since the first time I saw him play. But he was NOT deserving of the Madden Cover.

I am by no means saying that he is not a very gifted player. But the player that gets on the Madden Cover should be one that either led his team to the Superbowl, received the MVP award, or was just the flat out best player in the NFL that year. Vince was none of those. Good yes, but the best?? Far from it.

I agree that Peyton, LT, Drew Brees, even Shawn Merriman all deserved it. But VY didnt.

in a sense you are correct...but at the same time.....as someone who purchases the game, i want someone on there who is young, exciting, and is the key to their team's success

BullFrog Dad
04-19-2007, 09:11 AM
in a sense you are correct...but at the same time.....as someone who purchases the game, i want someone on there who is young You got your wish!

Old Tiger
04-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The big question is, can he break "the curse"?:thinking: Vince Young doesn't believe in curses because he is the curse!

Old Tiger
04-19-2007, 09:57 AM

Vince will be what Michael Vick was supposed to be.

Bet dat.

Old Tiger
04-19-2007, 10:00 AM

but too many qb's that are better...Peyton, Drew, This is the dumbest statement I've seen. When you watch Vince play on tape he is always looking down the field at receivers even when he is scrambling. He is a pass first run second QB that makes the right reads and will continue to grow into an all-pro. How do you know that Vince can't read a defense are you in the war room at the Titans facilities or at Vince's house during film study? Are you in the game Vince is making reads that you know are there?

Old Tiger
04-19-2007, 10:02 AM

here is a trivia question.. what year was the last one that a white guy made the cover?? They would be but are they on there, no.

Old Tiger
04-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by bandera7

I agree that Peyton, LT, Drew Brees, even Shawn Merriman all deserved it. But VY didnt. I think that Jason Taylor would have something to say if Shawn Merriman were on the cover :D

themsu97
04-19-2007, 10:56 AM
no, I just forget that I am arguing with youngsters who have no idea about the history of the league and you are entitled to an opinion... VY will be a good qb, no doubt, but will he be great, NFL history says no until he learns to make plays with the arm... which he has not done...
Part of the problem with VY is not his fault.... he is way overhyped... but I guess the league needs a superstar worse than I thought...
best rookie in the league last year, Marques COlston hands down... then Maurice Jones Drew... but that is from my eye and my opinion... VY was a phenominal College Player, will that equate to success in the NFL who knows... but I do know this and I have said this plenty of times...

when at a camp 2years ago with 11-12 year olds, Brian Urlacher was asked who is the hardest qb to sack... which another kid replied Michael Vick... Urlacher laughed and said, "Not for me, we can all run in the NFL, it is just a matter of time"

I know several NFL coaches and some that have NFL experience and they all say you can see that VY does not the league down yet...
the key being yet, if and when he does, then we will see...

but that is what I know... Tiger WR, what do you know?

mustang04
04-19-2007, 11:00 AM
no, I just forget that I am arguing with youngsters who have no idea about the history of the league and you are entitled to an opinion... VY will be a good qb, no doubt, but will he be great, NFL history says no until he learns to make plays with the arm... which he has not done...
Part of the problem with VY is not his fault.... he is way overhyped... but I guess the league needs a superstar worse than I thought...
best rookie in the league last year, Marques COlston hands down... then Maurice Jones Drew... but that is from my eye and my opinion... VY was a phenominal College Player, will that equate to success in the NFL who knows... but I do know this and I have said this plenty of times...

when at a camp 2years ago with 11-12 year olds, Brian Urlacher was asked who is the hardest qb to sack... which another kid replied Michael Vick... Urlacher laughed and said, "Not for me, we can all run in the NFL, it is just a matter of time"

I know several NFL coaches and some that have NFL experience and they all say you can see that VY does not the league down yet...
the key being yet, if and when he does, then we will see...

but that is what I know... Tiger WR, what do you know?

sry....you say "history has showed us blah blah blah" tell me how long QB's like Michael Vick and Vince young have been in the NFL...and urlacher...ha! he is awesome, don't get me wrong...but in an OPEN FIELD, vince will shake urlacher outta his cleats, then DUST HIM WITH EASE

mustang04
04-19-2007, 11:02 AM

Brian Urlacher was asked who is the hardest qb to sack... which another kid replied Michael Vick... Urlacher laughed and said, "Not for me, we can all run in the NFL, it is just a matter of time"

so therefore....Urlacher avoided answering the question

themsu97
04-19-2007, 11:03 AM
you realize that Urlacher runs about a 4.4... and has laid a few licks on Vick...
Strahan is a freak as well... Jacksonville ate VY up as did the Patriots...

the league will not be able to adapt to VY, offenses will not change as long as the Peyton Manning's and Tom Brady's of the world keep winning the Super Bowl... I do not see VY changing that...

Randall Cunningham,
remember when Daunte was a running qb and now he is a drop back passer?

oh but yeah, ya'll are all way to young to understand history...

themsu97
04-19-2007, 11:04 AM
can you read... he said he can tackle VIck, which he has...

if you want Urlachers answer is was Brett Favre... quick release and William henderson were the two main reasons

mustang04
04-19-2007, 11:04 AM
you realize that Urlacher runs about a 4.4... and has laid a few licks on Vick...
Strahan is a freak as well... Jacksonville ate VY up as did the Patriots...

the league will not be able to adapt to VY, offenses will not change as long as the Peyton Manning's and Tom Brady's of the world keep winning the Super Bowl... I do not see VY changing that...

Randall Cunningham,
remember when Daunte was a running qb and now he is a drop back passer?

oh but yeah, ya'll are all way to young to understand history...

Daunte was nowhere near what Vince is...and thats why i said OPEN FIELD.....do you honestly think Urlacher can catch Young in the open field????

mustang04
04-19-2007, 11:07 AM
can you read... he said he can tackle VIck, which he has...

if you want Urlachers answer is was Brett Favre... quick release and William henderson were the two main reasons

yeah i can read.....can you read? the question was "which QB is harder to tackle" not "name a QB who has never been sacked"

every QB has been sacked

themsu97
04-19-2007, 11:09 AM
actually, yeah I do... Urlacher is a freak of nature...
seen him work out and do his camp for him and then see him again when I work a camp in Chicago for Alex Brown... great guy... never maxes out but squats 375 about 30 times...

have met VY several times while working the Mack Brown camps...also a great guy and a freak of nature... but also know that UT became successful with him at qb when they quit trying to make him a conventional qb and just let him improvise...
NFL head coaches do not like it when players improvise...neither do high paid receivers...
it is just a different animal... but hey, what do I know... you obviously know a lot more than me so what's the point right?

themsu97
04-19-2007, 11:10 AM
take off the Orange colored glasses... you must be kin to Rich Lord...

DDBooger
04-19-2007, 11:14 AM
seen him work out and do his camp for him and then see him again when I work a camp in Chicago for Alex Brown... great guy... never maxes out but squats 375 about 30 times...

have met VY several times while working the Mack Brown camps...also a great guy and a freak of nature... but also know that UT became successful with him at qb when they quit trying to make him a conventional qb and just let him improvise...
NFL head coaches do not like it when players improvise...neither do high paid receivers...
it is just a different animal... but hey, what do I know... you obviously know a lot more than me so what's the point right? i agree with you in a sense, but i believe Vince will get BETTER at reading. once he starts getting some talent around him I believe Vince can do some big things. And yes Vince could shake Urlacher, but rest assured on the very next play Urlacher would just as likely light his world up. but vince has continued to surprise the naysayers that all you hear is well this is as good as he gets, pretty soon he's gonna be damn good:cool: lol As long as people don't approach it like merrill hoge who in order to feel right has to continue his beration of VY despite his collegues laughter of him

mustang04
04-19-2007, 11:16 AM

it is just a different animal... but hey, what do I know... you obviously know a lot more than me so what's the point right?

haha...first of all....i like UT, i like tech...and i like A&M (even tho i had an experience with a brainwashed aggie once)

and just cuz you have "met" the guys and say "oh, he's a great guy blah blah" doesn't mean you are an accurate judge of thir talent.....hey...i know a guy personally who squated 1000 lbs while playing pro football and even in his prime couldn't catch vick.....we are discussing Vince young's mobility and you start throwing in urlachers lifting routine which has nothing to do with it haha

themsu97
04-19-2007, 11:19 AM
I am using that to tell you why I think Urlacher could tackle VY, you do not have to agree with it...
and I think VY will be good and even great... but I do not think he is the next coming of the messiah...

DDBooger
04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
but I do not think he is the next coming of the messiah... of course not, thats Chuck Norris

mustang04
04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
I am using that to tell you why I think Urlacher could tackle VY, you do not have to agree with it...
and I think VY will be good and even great... but I do not think he is the next coming of the messiah...

haha...now you are completely turning things around....i want you to go back and show me where i ever said Vince couldn't be tackled....please, i'd like to see where i said that....i KNOW Urlacher could tackle Vince with ease....but that's not even what i'm talking about....i'm talking about open field with vince running....anybody in the NFL can tackle anybody if given the right momentum and angle

JasperDog94
04-19-2007, 11:29 AM
How many QBs came into the league able to read NFL defenses? Answer: NONE! Vince will learn, just like he did in college and be a great passing QB that can also scramble and run. His own personal history suggests that he can adapt and learn.

themsu97
04-19-2007, 11:30 AM
now you are talking in circles... I am saying that I believe that Urlacher could tackle VY in any circumstance...

and yes booger... CHuck Norris could tackle VY, RB, LT, and SA all at the same time while they were all playing on different fields...

mustang04
04-19-2007, 11:31 AM
now you are talking in circles... I am saying that I believe that Urlacher could tackle VY in any circumstance...

and yes booger... CHuck Norris could tackle VY, RB, LT, and SA all at the same time while they were all playing on different fields...

and i'm saying that in an open field he can't

but the second you comment you made was quite funny:D

DDBooger
04-19-2007, 11:32 AM

and yes booger... CHuck Norris could tackle VY, RB, LT, and SA all at the same time while they were all playing on different fields... this may not be giving him enough credit. come on, the guy can't do push ups because he alters the trajectory of the earth:rolleyes: lol

themsu97
04-19-2007, 11:33 AM
not really Jaspar... but...

but my point is this... I am not doubting that VY could be good... I am saying that he is way overhyped...

for example, explain to me how he received credit for leading his team from behind to beat the Jaguars 21-17 when the Titans scored no offensive touchdowns...
again, it is no fault of VY, he does not control the media...

but I also think that he is at least 5-6 years away from having a chanve at greatness

themsu97
04-19-2007, 11:35 AM
so we disagree, which is fine...
I honestly think VY will be good, I just do not think he will be all that... which is my opinion...
like I said, I have met the guy several times and have a few stories about how great of a guy VY is from meeting him at Mack Brown camps...
he also got Arman Hall a tryout with the Titans and I know Arman personally so I think ALOT of VY for that...

mustang04
04-19-2007, 11:39 AM
so we disagree, which is fine...
I honestly think VY will be good, I just do not think he will be all that... which is my opinion...
like I said, I have met the guy several times and have a few stories about how great of a guy VY is from meeting him at Mack Brown camps...
he also got Arman Hall a tryout with the Titans and I know Arman personally so I think ALOT of VY for that... aight...well it's settled....guess we'll see by the end of his career

(i just hope the Downlow is still here so i can say i told you so:p :D )

AP Panther Fan
04-19-2007, 11:47 AM
aight...well it's settled....guess we'll see by the end of his career

(i just hope the Downlow is still here so i can say i told you so:p :D )

awwww....I like disagreements that end like this. Now do you think you could both teach the rest of the downlow how to "agree to disagree" and still be civil?:)

nevermind, on second thought, it might get boring around here.:D

themsu97
04-19-2007, 12:23 PM
it would definitely get boring....

mustang04
04-19-2007, 12:55 PM
i'm already bored again.....

themsu97
04-19-2007, 01:28 PM
me too...

so... I think that VYdefinitely needs to be working on his reads at t the los and that will help him in the long run...

but with no receiving corp and a fat LinDale White... it may be lights out for VY