PDA

View Full Version : How did Luling do in the scrim vs powerhouse elgin.

football king
08-21-2002, 04:49 PM
so.........................

FB_GURU
08-22-2002, 09:12 AM
They tied them one to one. Heard Luling looked better than expected and the played real good defense. Elgin had a speedy QB and the word is that the Steen kid looked real good from Luling. He a real power back and an excellent middle LB.

HungryHornet
08-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Don't think Elgin has quite reached Powerhouse status...

bigcat8
08-22-2002, 04:08 PM
Nobody in Elgin has ever made that statement, but they have cruised Caldwell 3 years in a row...Caldwell finally got smart and refused to play them..
Originally posted by HungryHornet:
Don't think Elgin has quite reached Powerhouse status...

HungryHornet
08-22-2002, 04:36 PM
Elgin has the absolute most CROOKED officiating in the league and Caldwell grad RICKY LOCK has tried leaving there twice now (lost out on the Navasota job but will return to The Swarm when Cobia is booted). I've been to games when our touchdowns were negated at least twice in a row but only when the game is - guess where - Elgin! Maybe if we learn to hand out free sausage wraps to the refs before important games, we'll pull off those amazing upsets like you guys, right? We have had injuries the past two years that hurt us and oh yeah, we don't have 900 students in our student body to choose from (give or take a gazillion jalapeno-faced flea-market shoppers). By the way, CHS earned "exemplary status" this year academically and has popped your tails in volleyball every year. So you and the little weanie wrap you rode in on can just scooch on over and join the ranks with all the other crooked schools like Westlake and Hays before getting rooked out of important games like you deserve. May La Grange, Giddings and Bellville whip your tails two more years before you get your just dessert by Reagan and LBJ. By the way, Caldwell already had its schedule arranged long before any unfounded attempt was made. We scheduled Madisonville and Giddings and will face Marlin and Cameron (someone you cannot beat to save your life!) L-L-L-O-S S-S-S-E-R L-O-S, S-E-R LOSER LOSER! (evil laugh)

HungryHornet
08-22-2002, 04:36 PM
Elgin has the absolute most CROOKED officiating in the league and Caldwell grad RICKY LOCK has tried leaving there twice now (lost out on the Navasota job but will return to The Swarm when Cobia is booted). I've been to games when our touchdowns were negated at least twice in a row but only when the game is - guess where - Elgin! Maybe if we learn to hand out free sausage wraps to the refs before important games, we'll pull off those amazing upsets like you guys, right? We have had injuries the past two years that hurt us and oh yeah, we don't have 900 students in our student body to choose from (give or take a gazillion jalapeno-faced flea-market shoppers). By the way, CHS earned "exemplary status" this year academically and has popped your tails in volleyball every year. So you and the little weanie wrap you rode in on can just scooch on over and join the ranks with all the other crooked schools like Westlake and Hays before getting rooked out of important games like you deserve. May La Grange, Giddings and Bellville whip your tails two more years before you get your just dessert by Reagan and LBJ. By the way, Caldwell already had its schedule arranged long before any unfounded attempt was made. We scheduled Madisonville and Giddings and will face Marlin and Cameron (someone you cannot beat to save your life!) L-L-L-O-S S-S-S-E-R L-O-S, S-E-R LOSER LOSER! (evil laugh)

bigcat8
08-23-2002, 04:36 PM
1999-Elgin 49
Caldwell 29

2000-Elgin 14
Caldwell 6

2001-Elgin 38
Caldwell 0
101-35 in the last 3 years. No wonder the hungry hornets do not want to play ElginHave a kolache and shut your mouth.We are talking football not VB. From what I hear Lock just wanted a little closer to his family in Bryan-CS.I seriously doubt if Lock would even consider going to Caldwell and why do you think Cobia will be booted. He seems to be well liked.

Chopblock
08-23-2002, 09:50 PM
AS for the officials, I think that hungy hornet has sniffed too much RAID!!
Lock is a good solid football coach, no one has ever said Elgin has powerhouse status. As for the 900 kids, well, Elgin is growing.
Caldwell is blessed with one of the best V-Ball coaches in the state, but we are not talking split tail sports on this board.
As for Lock going home, Your never a hero in you home town and Lock is to intelligent to make that mistake.
And now to the schedule, as the BigCat has stated, you A$$ has been thrashed the last 3 years, may be time to pick another subject.
As for the ethnic makeup you spoke about, I've always been told that a Czech is a Jalapeno turned inside out

[This message has been edited by Chopblock (edited August 23, 2002).]

HungryHornet
08-24-2002, 01:57 AM
Listen, you chicken enchilada, I'd hardly call a 14-6 decision in 2000 a "trashing" especially since the refs conveniently handed you penalties against us ONLY when you had the ball inside our 30 yard line! We won't even get into the touchdown called back in waning minutes. Typical Elgin character!
I don't care what you say, Lock's relatives (some in Giddings and others in Caldwell) say he hates it there. Baca hated it and so on and so on.......
.... and we BOTH know Elgin has no Czechs whatsoever, right? By the way, get a new stadium for God's sake - that dilapidated junk pile has been there for 50 years! Hutto will feel right at home!

Chopblock
08-24-2002, 06:09 AM
It's not you place to make statements about whether the coach is happy or not. If u are a friend of his, you might remember, other people read this board besides adults.

HungryHornet
08-24-2002, 10:06 AM
Fine,then tell "Mr. Elgin Pep Rally" to quit bad-mouthing Caldwell when - hark - there could be some Hornet fans on here who are players as well. On second thought, that's a good thing. It'll fire them up to stop being patsies...

bigcat8
08-24-2002, 03:17 PM
Lock has no relatives in Giddings. Those Locke's have an e on the end of their name. Worry about the Hornets....
Listen, you chicken enchilada, I'd hardly call a 14-6 decision in 2000 a "trashing" especially since the refs conveniently handed you penalties against us ONLY when you had the ball inside our 30 yard line! We won't even get into the touchdown called back in waning minutes. Typical Elgin character!
I don't care what you say, Lock's relatives (some in Giddings and others in Caldwell) say he hates it there. Baca hated it and so on and so on.......
.... and we BOTH know Elgin has no Czechs whatsoever, right? By the way, get a new stadium for God's sake - that dilapidated junk pile has been there for 50 years! Hutto will feel right at home!

HungryHornet
08-24-2002, 09:24 PM
If all teenage boys in Elgin could get their green card, the Wildcats would be 5A. Worry about free lunches....

bigcat8
08-25-2002, 03:13 PM
Don't bring up free lunches. Some of the best players in Caldwell's past were on free lunches.....Oh and Cwll has no hispanics. Yeah, right......
If all teenage boys in Elgin could get their green card, the Wildcats would be 5A. Worry about free lunches....

HungryHornet
08-26-2002, 12:20 PM
No, but really, I"ve always wanted to know - Why DOES Elgin cheat? This has been going on since 1975 when I was 11 and I witnessed a game that made so many Caldwell fathers mad, I thought there was going to be a riot. Elgin was literally shoving our receivers down seconds before passes were thrown to them in the end zone - at least five times and NOTHING was called. Officials were running to the field house so quickly after the game that it reeked of sabotage. In the early 90's, Caldwell went for two to win when they were behind with seconds remaining, 27-26, and officials called back legitimate 2-point conversions until Caldwell's quarterback finally tripped over his own lineman on the third try and the refs were both satisfied and relieved because it was starting get a little TOO conspicuous- and the Statesman even reported that. Again, that 14-6 charade in 2000 was an absoulte farce! It got to where I KNEW that the second Caldwell got within your 30 yard line, the only color we'd see more than purple fans cheering were yellow flags flying! And sure enough, they didn't disappoint. I think it's time your school district quit manipulating school enrollment figures and actually counted the remaining 30 percent special ed students so your butt could be 4A like it should be. Beat Westlake at its own game and THEN brag....

Matthew328
08-26-2002, 12:36 PM
Ok fellas....this thread is gettin a lil bit out of hand...let's cool it on non-football issues or people will start getting booted..

HungryHornet
08-26-2002, 01:53 PM
Nobody ever said Texas football was a Jesus Pep Rally....

Jacket2000
08-26-2002, 11:34 PM
Nobody ever said Texas football was a Jesus Pep Rally....
But if you take it too far, you'll find yourself doing alot of reading, but not much posting.
J2K

Matthew328
08-26-2002, 11:37 PM
You are right HungryHornet this isn't a Jesus Pep Rally...however since you are still new to the board I'll fill you in...any sort of racial remarks like the ones that were made by not just you but another in the thread will not be tolerated..it is classless and ignorant..especially bringin up kids with free lunches...how in the hell are you gonna throw some kids under the bus?? I took offense to that because at one time I was on free lunch...so before you go around bashing kids for being on free lunch you should check yourself..because this is your warning...and if you don't check yourself I will check you and you'll be checked right off the board...

Fly Boy
08-27-2002, 09:19 AM
Great Job Matthew328!! We need to remember that this is all in fun. If you have a problem you need to take care of it yourself face to face or shut up. Hungry Hornet seem to be a little upset, find a better way to handle it, don't let your ego get in the way of your coaching. If you are a coach, you should be able to make better choices.

PISSonU
08-27-2002, 05:41 PM
Hey guys,
The last laugh will be on you!

PISSonU
08-27-2002, 05:45 PM
HungryHornet is a friend of mine and a good person who, like a lot of people, is tired of schools with political connections taking a dump on those who play by the rules.
It's nice to know there are some schools that can brag about winning fairly. Caldwell will beat Liberty Hill by at least 12.

Fly Boy
08-28-2002, 10:50 AM
So now we have another person from C-well crying about being mistreated. You boy's need to grow up. Something for you to live by: "Coach'em up or Shut-up"