PDA

View Full Version : Wharton VS. Columbus!! You won't believe this!!!

FbCoachB40
04-17-2007, 05:37 PM
I was at a game between Wharton and Columbus on Monday!

Wharton was hitting the ball well off of the Columbus pitcher who was quite good; however, in the middle of the 7th Columbus' Head Baseball Coach yells at one of Wharton's Coaches and says,

"IF YOU KEEP RELAYING PITCHES I'M GOING TO TAKE TWO OF YOUR PLAYERS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!"

I have never heard anything like that in my life at a high school baseball game. Tell me what you think!

XMan
04-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Sounds like they waited a little too long to take action. Should have rolled a few in the early innings. Did Wharton stop relaying and if not, did anyone get brushed back? What was the final score of the game????

pirate4state
04-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I was at a game between Wharton and Columbus on Monday!

Wharton was hitting the ball well off of the Columbus pitcher who was quite good; however, in the middle of the 7th Columbus' Head Baseball Coach yells at one of Wharton's Coaches and says,

"IF YOU KEEP RELAYING PITCHES I'M GOING TO TAKE TWO OF YOUR PLAYERS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!"

I have never heard anything like that in my life at a high school baseball game. Tell me what you think!

Okay, what does "relaying pitches" mean? I thought I knew everything about baseball? :blush: :D

XMan
04-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Pirate, you must know nothing. Relaying means either the base coach or runner at 2nd base was tipping off the pitches. It is fair and legal to do so, just do it w/out the other team finding out. If you are found out, then your hitter gets a high up and in fastball. Just do like the Brahmas do; first name is fastball, last name is offspeed. When the other team figures it out, start using jersey numbers.

pirate4state
04-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Pirate, you must know nothing. Relaying means either the base coach or runner at 2nd base was tipping off the pitches. It is fair and legal to do so, just do it w/out the other team finding out. If you are found out, then your hitter gets a high up and in fastball. Just do like the Brahmas do; first name is fastball, last name is offspeed. When the other team figures it out, start using jersey numbers.

I know enough thanks!

So, he waits until the last inning to complain about it? Don't you usually pick up on this stuff early on or did it take them 7 innings to get a baserunner to 2nd? :thinking:

Bull19
04-17-2007, 05:56 PM

THATS NOT THE ONLY WAY BELLVILLE DOES IT;) ......ALSO, WOUNDT SUPRISE ME IF COLUMBUS WOULD THROW AT BATTERS,,,DID IT LAST YEAR AGAINST BELLVILLE

tigerpride_08
04-17-2007, 06:33 PM
our coaches were pretty mad about the whole situation...it was pretty uncalled for to say, but our player just laughed it off and let it slide...

FbCoachB40
04-17-2007, 06:38 PM
I understand that this stuff goes on; however, to scream across the field shows an absolute lack of class, but from what i have heard this coach is notorious for that kind of stuff.

One of the players told me when they came to our field they would not help us get foul balls behind their dugout

tigerpride_08
04-17-2007, 06:46 PM
I understand that this stuff goes on; however, to scream across the field shows an absolute lack of class, but from what i have heard this coach is notorious for that kind of stuff.

One of the players told me when they came to our field they would not help us get foul balls behind their dugout

yes that did happen when they did come and play down here...i dunno but it seems like we started a new baseball rivarly with them...

FbCoachB40
04-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Not much of a Rivalry when you are 3-0 vs. an opponent

tigerpride_08
04-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Not much of a Rivalry when you are 3-0 vs. an opponent

true...but the games get very heated...

maestro
04-17-2007, 10:10 PM
columbus wants to be in the thick of the race..

wharton kicks booty....

columbus coach gets mad...

there you go fb40coach.....

oh, and congrats to your coach ciruti on another playoff appearance.

tigerpride_08
04-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by maestro
columbus wants to be in the thick of the race..

wharton kicks booty....

columbus coach gets mad...

there you go fb40coach.....

oh, and congrats to your coach ciruti on another playoff appearance.

well we just clinched playoffs for sure...but if we win Friday when Needville comes here, we can clinch 1st!!:D

RiverRat19
04-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Why didn't they try to change the signs?... Duh... If they know your signs and you don't want them to know what's coming, change how you are communicating.

If the 1st base coach can see the catcher's signs, then tell the catcher to keep the knees in. If he's giving signs too low, tell them to raise them up.

But that's what "common sense" would tell me to do... Of course, I'm a little different sometimes. Or so I'm told. ;)

bballerlhp
04-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
yes that did happen when they did come and play down here...i dunno but it seems like we started a new baseball rivarly with them...

we did have somebody going and getting foul balls. and we're not classless. i'll stand up for myself and say that. i will always play baseball with class, did u notice i didnt even throw at yall even though i picked up on it.

hookandladder
04-18-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by bballerlhp
we did have somebody going and getting foul balls. and we're not classless. i'll stand up for myself and say that. i will always play baseball with class, did u notice i didnt even throw at yall even though i picked up on it.

I have coached a # of kids between 16-18, most of the one's did not want to know what pitch was coming. When I coach if I know the other team is picking up my signs, I will make changes. However the next batter will receive a warning, if you know what I mean. In my book if you steal signals, someone has to pay.

fireman1
04-18-2007, 08:03 AM
CLASSLESS !!!

bballerlhp
04-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by fireman1
CLASSLESS !!!

Now that's pretty classless fireman. pretty inmature too.

XMan
04-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Since when is it the responsibility of the visiting team to chase foul balls that go out of the park???? The games are played with the home team's balls. If they want them back, they go and get them. If not, break out and extra dozen or 5. If its a tournament game or on a neutral site, then yes, each side gets the fouls that go their direction.

maestro
04-18-2007, 03:50 PM
i'm thinking that it is pretty standard unwritten rule that a team hustles up the foul balls on its side of the ballpark....

just part of the traditions of the game.......

Bull19
04-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Since when is it the responsibility of the visiting team to chase foul balls that go out of the park???? The games are played with the home team's balls. If they want them back, they go and get them. If not, break out and extra dozen or 5. If its a tournament game or on a neutral site, then yes, each side gets the fouls that go their direction.

AGREED,,,,,ESP DURING DISTRICT GAMES,,,,,,HOWEVER PRE-DISTRICT, TOURNY, SCRIMMAGE, ETC.... BOTH TEAMS HELPING OUT IS ALWAYS A NICE GESTURE.

Antec
04-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Home team needs announcer to return foul balls for a coke hamburger etc

That's an incentive

You don't see that much anymore

tigerpride_08
04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that inmature is spelled immature!!!

Bull19
04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Home team needs announcer to return foul balls for a coke hamburger etc

That's an incentive

You don't see that much anymore

HAMBURGER??? WHERE ARE U FROM,,, THATS A GOOD DEAL,,,,,ID GO SHAG BALLS FOR ONE OF THOSE,,,,,, IT WAS ALWAYS SNOWCONES OR LIKE GUM WHEN I REMEMBER BACK WHEN

tigerpride_08
04-18-2007, 05:51 PM
well the coach had no reason to say that... and bballerlhp im not really sure what you picked up on that game because i am a player and we did not relay signs at all that game...our coach thought we might have had them...but he waved it off before we batted and it was also about 5 innings before the the other coach started complaining!!... so fireman was right..it was classless..he was talkin about taking out some of our players...when all coach did was tell me to tuck in my shirt cause it was completely out!!..

maestro
04-18-2007, 08:10 PM
gotta love district seasons!!!!

GWOOD
04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I have coached a # of kids between 16-18, most of the one's did not want to know what pitch was coming. When I coach if I know the other team is picking up my signs, I will make changes. However the next batter will receive a warning, if you know what I mean. In my book if you steal signals, someone has to pay.

That's the way the game is played. Seen it a number of times. Been on both ends of it.

I give a little grace to coaches at the end of the season. They are under tremendous pressure to get to the playoffs. Don't know the Columbus coach but coaches and players can do or say something uncharacteristic of them in the heat of the battle.

It is a lot easier to be "classy" when you are sitting in 1st place with a playoff spot clinched than when you are fighting for your life just to stay in contention for a playoff spot.

FbCoachB40
04-18-2007, 09:39 PM
I never said that the players were Classless! That comment was directed directly at the Columbus Coach!

I think Tromblee did a superb job, and has always been first class on the hill.

fireman1
04-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Now that's pretty classless fireman. pretty inmature too.

how do you figure that Im classless and immature... all Im saying is that if a coach yells something like that out is worse than yelling out the pitcher is throwing bp fastballs... and saying he's gonna have to take two of our players out what is that all about you dont even say that in a football game and its a collision sport

bballerlhp
04-19-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that inmature is spelled immature!!!

oh my mistake, sorry that u dont ever make typing or spelling mistakes

bballerlhp
04-19-2007, 12:18 AM
well the coach had no reason to say that... and bballerlhp im not really sure what you picked up on that game because i am a player and we did not relay signs at all that game...our coach thought we might have had them...but he waved it off before we batted and it was also about 5 innings before the the other coach started complaining!!... so fireman was right..it was classless..he was talkin about taking out some of our players...when all coach did was tell me to tuck in my shirt cause it was completely out!!..

when the coach says, "here's a pitch to hit" everytime i throw a fastball. pretty obvious on an 0-2 count and he says it.

bballerlhp
04-19-2007, 12:20 AM
I never said that the players were Classless! That comment was directed directly at the Columbus Coach!

I think Tromblee did a superb job, and has always been first class on the hill.

Thank you. just kind of took it to heart

HippoBaseball05
04-19-2007, 12:39 AM
When we dropped the third round series to them last year, he was less than classy.. Dude was CONSTANTLY running his mouth.

Especially when we were beating them in Bastrop in game 2.

Gonzalez is reaping this season what he has sown in the past.

Karma, man.....Karma.

baseball21
04-19-2007, 07:37 AM
can't any of yall see that this is exactly what gonzalez wanted out of what he said that night he was probably hoping everyone would make a big fuss of it and get everyones heads out of the game besides he only said he was going to hit someone he never did

fireman1
04-19-2007, 11:51 AM
when the coach says, "here's a pitch to hit" everytime i throw a fastball. pretty obvious on an 0-2 count and he says it.

he always says that who wants to strike-out thats just alittle support

bballerlhp
04-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
he always says that who wants to strike-out thats just alittle support

sorry but on an 0-2 count, you dont have a pitch to hit. somebody back me up here

Bull19
04-19-2007, 08:17 PM
sorry but on an 0-2 count, you dont have a pitch to hit. somebody back me up here

AGREED

Tiger3
04-19-2007, 09:49 PM

you are right...there is not a pitch to hit..you have to guard the plate...but our coach always says here is a pitch on 2-0...because the pitcher needs a strike...we go over this stuff all the time..and we didn't even have the signs anyways..it was a good game..now we have the district championship to think about!!

fireman1
04-20-2007, 12:08 AM

Like I said in the past comment its just for some support you need to guard the plate and swing on anything close because you are already down 2 strikes but who cares its in the past and the Wharton Tigers have the Needville Blue Jays to think of for the District Championship... Good Luck Tigers

bballerlhp
04-20-2007, 12:31 AM
well good luck to yall. and wish us the best of luck of getting in the playoffs unless yall want sweeny in

fireman1
04-20-2007, 12:33 AM
well good luck to yall. and wish us the best of luck of getting in the playoffs unless yall want sweeny in

by all means good luck but whoever gets in represent 24-3A well

maestro
04-20-2007, 05:50 AM
FBCOACHB40

who would have thunk it....

40 replies to your little story.....

you can certtainly stir the pot.....

:)

needville-wharton tonight!!!