PDA

View Full Version : Is the better QB Dane or Feaster

chop_chop
11-03-2003, 10:29 PM
Just wondering everyone's opinions. Dane has very good receivers and a line that gives him all the time he needs. Just wondering if he is a little overated.

3afan2K3
11-03-2003, 10:31 PM
Dont mean to be rude but you cant just post names expecting people to know who your talking about

<small>[ November 03, 2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

oneheartbeat
11-03-2003, 10:43 PM
dane was ok but when we played him he had bad ankle prob but i do think he is a bit overrated and yalls recievers are awesome and a huge line so yall do have alot of talent but dane is pretty good just not awesome

grtigerchick
11-03-2003, 10:55 PM
I don't know anything about dane, and I am a little biased, but I think feaster is pretty good.

LH Panther Mom
11-03-2003, 11:08 PM
3afan2K3:
Dont mean to be rude but you cant just post names expecting people to know who your talking aboutOoh, I think I figured it out...Everman & Glen Rose QB's.

olddawggreen
11-04-2003, 08:55 AM
LH Panther Mom:

3afan2K3:
Dont mean to be rude but you cant just post names expecting people to know who your talking aboutOoh, I think I figured it out...Everman & Glen Rose QB's.Dane is Decaturs QB.

repeat2002
11-04-2003, 09:07 AM
#1 - How is a high school QB overrated? Compared to what? What has happened to make him overrated?
#2 - When comparing the two, there is only two or three ways to do so. Stats? - make your own decision. People around him? - maybe he has something to do with making the players around him better. The best comparison and the one that everyone looks at - wins and losses - the bottom line.
#3 - They are both good and will probably get a chance to play somewhere at the next level.
#4 - I don't think one is overrated if he can almost (within a foot I believe) beat you on one foot.

CatsDen
11-04-2003, 09:11 AM
I've seen both play and without a doubt I would pick Feaster. Although he does have a better cast of receivers around him, I agree that he would be partially responsible for that. Tim Jackson is a good receiver, but Everman's gameplan is nothing like Glen Rose's passing attack. Feaster wins my vote.

Chief Woodman
11-04-2003, 11:50 AM
oneheartbeat:
dane was ok but when we played him he had bad ankle prob but i do think he is a bit overrated and yalls recievers are awesome and a huge line so yall do have alot of talent but dane is pretty good just not awesomeWhen Dane played you he had a sprained ankle AND a broken bone in his foot. More than just OK considering it was painful just to stand, little on participate in a football contest. He spent months in a cast after the season. Also, I do not know how someone can be overated that has more passing yards in the last two years than ANY other QB in 3A ( Even Burnet's McGee, no insult intended), and he is just a junior. By the time he graduates (barring injury) he will probably be one of the top three QB's in all of Texas High school history, and that is for all classes 1A through 5A. So how can he possibly be over rated?

MASH4077
11-04-2003, 05:14 PM
Who sare you saying has the better recievers?

Decatur has Christian.....64 catches 1,064yds
Logue.........40 catches 640yds

CRHSeagle
11-04-2003, 07:41 PM
We scrimmaged Decatur and we played against Glen Rose, I think Dane is a better QB. Also take into consideration the stats he has been putting up since his sophmore year. I agree with Woodman, next year God willing, Dane will be one of the top recruits in the state.

shsu62
11-04-2003, 08:10 PM
One thing that will hurt Dane in the recruiting process is his height. Just ask Chase Wasson last year. He put up big numbers and didnt get recruited heavily by D1 schools. Im not saying Dane isnt a great quarterback but schools these days put so much emphasis on size and height these days. But I hope Dane gets recruited heavily.

Chief Woodman
11-04-2003, 08:15 PM
shsu62:
One thing that will hurt Dane in the recruiting process is his height. Just ask Chase Wasson last year. He put up big numbers and didnt get recruited heavily by D1 schools. Im not saying Dane isnt a great quarterback but schools these days put so much emphasis on size and height these days. But I hope Dane gets recruited heavily.You are very right. Sometimes D1 schools overlook a lot of talent because of height. He has already recieved a lot of offers. How much he will actually play in college is yet to be seen. CRHSeagle...thanks for the comparison from someone who has played against both this year.