PDA

View Full Version : District 24 Softball Champs

3aSoftball4Mom
04-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Sealy HS Lady Tigers--District 24-3a Champions!!
:clap:
Congratulations Lady Tigers! 1st softball DC in school history!!

4/16 Softball scores:

Sealy 2 Columbia 1
Columbus 4 Wharton 1
Needville 3 Stafford 0
Sweeny over Royal

one game left
Records as of 4/16:

Sealy 11-2
Sweeny 9-4
Columbia 8-5
Needville 8-5
Wharton 7-6
Columbus 7-6
Stafford 2-11
Royal 0-12

LH Panther Mom
04-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Congrats! Who plays who in the last game?

3aSoftball4Mom
04-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Thank you!:D

Stafford / Sealy
Needville/Wharton
Columbus/Sweeny
Columbia /Royal

LH Panther Mom
04-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Some of those last games will be interesting indeed for the playoff race.

neck_06
04-16-2007, 09:17 PM
congrats sealy. ya'll have a great team. :clap: :clap: :clap

3aSoftball4Mom
04-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
congrats sealy. ya'll have a great team. :clap: :clap: :clap

Thank you Neck! It was a close game tonight that could have gone either way.
.....saw you there.

carter08
04-16-2007, 09:27 PM
GO WHARTON

I think thats what gets Columbia in as long as they beat Royal

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
Sealy HS Lady Tigers--District 24-3a Champions!!
:clap:
Congratulations Lady Tigers! 1st softball DC in school history!!

Thats what happens when UIL puts Bellville in a different District!!

neck_06
04-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by carter08
GO WHARTON

I think thats what gets Columbia in as long as they beat Royal

not really....the worst that columbia can do is a tie for 3rd. if needville wins and columbia beats brookshire they will have a playoff game to see who goes.

3aSoftball4Mom
04-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

WOW! are you a nice one :rolleyes: How old are you?
There's ALWAYS one in every crowd

You never know what the outcome would have been if Bellville was in our district.
Yes, you beat us in a scrimmage. hahaha
and in a pre-season game. so did Needville.

We aren't the same team that you saw last. and
you can't take anything away from the Lady Tigers for their accomplishments.

what happened to ya'll in your district? :thinking:

Bull's-eye
04-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Congratulations Sealy!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Iknowalot
04-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Congrats to all who made the playoffs!

FBB -- don't cast that stone! Did your team win district? No! I believe that Giddings beat your team twice and Navasota beat your team once. I also saw that your team only beat Smithville 1-0, and Caldwell 1-0. Your town has a very good team, so don't cast that stone, because your team is good enough to go a long way in the playoffs. Good luck to all.

I feel sorry for the teams that are all tied in 24-AAA that will miss the playoffs that would have won many other districts. This placement by the UIL is a joke in all sports -- 8 teams??? There are 6, 5, and even 4 team districts out there. There should have been a better way.

maestro
04-17-2007, 07:05 AM
congrats to sealy girls..

they stayed the course in a grueling marathon district schedule.

good luck to all 24-3a teams in the playoffs.

nette_mom
04-17-2007, 07:50 AM
CONGRATULATIONS SEALY!
WE ARE SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU GUYS! WAY TO REPRESENT AUSTIN COUNTY!!!! WE ALL KNOW YOU GUYS HAVE A GRRRRRREAT TEAM!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS.

BTEXDAD
04-17-2007, 08:01 AM
congrats, Sealy. I knew you would have good team with almost everybody back from last year, but in all honesty, thought you might have trouble in the tough and big district 24-3a. You did very well.
Good luck in playoffs against all teams except Bellville. :)

44INAROW
04-17-2007, 08:33 AM

wow -

Congrats to the Lady Tigers :clap: :clap:

awizzy
04-17-2007, 09:14 AM
congrats to sealy i really good team :clap: :clap:
i was jw though who did yall loose to?

3aSoftball4Mom
04-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by awizzy
congrats to sealy i really good team :clap: :clap:
i was jw though who did yall loose to?

Thank you.

We lost our first to games in District to Wharton and Columbus.
Didin't start off very well and it seems like a very long time ago.
and a dreary time. :)

pirate4state
04-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Thats what happens when UIL puts Bellville in a different District!! :bigcry: :bigcry:

Congrats to Sealy!!!! :clap: :clap: What an accomplishment in this tough district!!! Good Luck in the playoffs!!!

3aSoftball4Mom
04-17-2007, 09:21 AM
and good luck to the Bellville Ladies. I know you will go far!

3aSoftball4Mom
04-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:bigcry: :bigcry:

Congrats to Sealy!!!! :clap: :clap: What an accomplishment in this tough district!!! Good Luck in the playoffs!!!

Thanks R!!
That was a pretty tough game last night!
Actually, most of them have been.
Mrs. Mitchell said hi! she said you are a wonderful person!!!

zebrablue2
04-17-2007, 11:38 AM
The lady tigers have been on a great run since the first two games of district. I see no reason that they cannot make a
run through the playoffs as well.
This is a great group of ladies, with a laid back coaching staff.
I like their chances.............

pirate4state
04-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks R!!
That was a pretty tough game last night!
Actually, most of them have been.
Mrs. Mitchell said hi! she said you are a wonderful person!!!

I like your response to fbb....:D

Sounds like it was a great game! Is there a story on the web anywhere about the game?

:)

scotty
04-17-2007, 12:35 PM
After losing the first two games and then reeling off 11 in a row against great competition is quite a deal, congratulations! Sealy was able to win so many games by 1-0 or 2-1 whle in softball, low scoring games aren't all that unusial. But to come out on top in so many is. While Sarah Holub the Lady Tiger pitcher, outstanding student and pretty on top if it had another fine year, it was a total team effort. Very impressive to me is the job done by the coaches in putting the young ladies at the right positions because so many are freshmen and sophomores. Unbelievably, Sealy made only five errors in district play going into the Columbia contest. Great job and good luck in the playoffs.

pirate4state
04-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
not really....the worst that columbia can do is a tie for 3rd. if needville wins and columbia beats brookshire they will have a playoff game to see who goes.

nvm....found my answer

3&2count
04-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Good job Sealy. You have a fine team and I wish you all the luck in the playoffs.

tigerpride_08
04-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by maestro
congrats to sealy girls..

they stayed the course in a grueling marathon district schedule.

good luck to all 24-3a teams in the playoffs.

it sounds like we'll be well represented in playoffs...

Bull19
04-17-2007, 05:03 PM
WOW! are you a nice one :rolleyes: How old are you?
There's ALWAYS one in every crowd

You never know what the outcome would have been if Bellville was in our district.
Yes, you beat us in a scrimmage. hahaha
and in a pre-season game. so did Needville.

We aren't the same team that you saw last. and
you can't take anything away from the Lady Tigers for their accomplishments.

what happened to ya'll in your district? :thinking:

CONGRATS SEALY ON THE FIRST DC..........I WONDER WHAT TOOK SO LONG?????

WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY INTERSESTING TO SEE WHO WOULD HAVE MADE PLAYOFFS, MUCH LESS THE DC IF SEALLY WAS IN 23-3A......THAT WOULD HAVE REALLY BEEN A GOOD, FUN DISTRICT.

3aSoftball4Mom
04-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
CONGRATS SEALY ON THE FIRST DC..........I WONDER WHAT TOOK SO LONG?????

WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY INTERSESTING TO SEE WHO WOULD HAVE MADE PLAYOFFS, MUCH LESS THE DC IF SEALLY WAS IN 23-3A......THAT WOULD HAVE REALLY BEEN A GOOD, FUN DISTRICT.

took so long? :thinking: must be the talent on the team.

what would have been even more fun to see is Bellville
in District 24 with Columbia, Sweeny, Needville, Wharton, Columbus and Sealy. NOW that would be interesting. :D

who was District 23 Champs?? how many were in your District?

carter08
04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
took so long? :thinking: must be the talent on the team.

what would have been even more fun to see is Bellville
in District 24 with Columbia, Sweeny, Needville, Wharton, Columbus and Sealy. NOW that would be interesting. :D

who was District 23 Champs?? how many were in your District?

Bellville would miss the playoffs in 24-3A

Bull19
04-17-2007, 06:59 PM

HOW YOU FIGURE?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-17-2007, 08:26 PM

Might not mean much, but Bellville beat the top team (sealy) twice.

carter08
04-17-2007, 08:28 PM
HOW YOU FIGURE?

If the Bellville fans can be homers, so can I ;)

Bull19
04-17-2007, 08:30 PM
HOW ARE THE BELLVILLE FANS HOMERS WHEN VIRTUALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US GRADUATED FROM BELLVILLE?

carter08
04-17-2007, 08:34 PM
HOW ARE THE BELLVILLE FANS HOMERS WHEN VIRTUALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US GRADUATED FROM BELLVILLE?

:confused:

ok...

you root for your home team, ie Bellville, at all times and think they are the best

Bull19
04-17-2007, 08:36 PM
MY POINT EXACTLY:devil:

Snydertigersrul
04-17-2007, 08:38 PM

WHO CARES

carter08
04-17-2007, 08:40 PM

uh
thats great man

3aSoftball4Mom
04-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Here is the scenerio for the 2nd and 3rd place in District 24: (sent from the Needville crew)

**If Needville loses to Wharton and Sweeny beats Columbus … Sealy 1st, Sweeny 2nd, Columbia 3rd
(no ties)

**If Needville loses to Wharton and Columbus beats Sweeny … Sealy 1st, Sweeny 2nd, Columbia 3rd
(Sweeny wins tie-breaker with Columbia, 2-0 head-to-head)

**If Needville beats Wharton and Sweeny beats Columbus … Sealy 1st, Sweeny 2nd, Columbia/Needville tied for 3rd.
Columbia and Needville to play on Monday to break the tie

**If Needville beats Wharton and Columbus beats Sweeny … Sealy 1st, Sweeny/Columbia/Needville tied for 2nd.
Head-to-head records break the tie, giving Sweeny 2nd (3-1), Needville 3rd (2-2), Columbia 4th (1-3), no district playoff game(s) needed.

Carter 08, your my hero!!!

Might not mean much, but Bellville beat the top team (sealy) twice.

Your right.....it might not mean much!

But I will repeat myself again
and I'll speak s l o w l y

yes you beat Sealy twice..... who cares????

why is it that this post was about District 24 and somehow always gets back to Bellville beating Sealy.....who cares???? you are in another District...you need to be concentrating on that instead of this one.

let it go and be more like some of the other Bellville fans and be happy for someone else besides yourself.

any team can win beat any team on any given day.....you NEVER know

let....it......go........young uns

Bull19
04-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Here is the scenerio for the 2nd and 3rd place in District 24: (sent from the Needville crew)

**If Needville loses to Wharton and Sweeny beats Columbus … Sealy 1st, Sweeny 2nd, Columbia 3rd
(no ties)

**If Needville loses to Wharton and Columbus beats Sweeny … Sealy 1st, Sweeny 2nd, Columbia 3rd
(Sweeny wins tie-breaker with Columbia, 2-0 head-to-head)

**If Needville beats Wharton and Sweeny beats Columbus … Sealy 1st, Sweeny 2nd, Columbia/Needville tied for 3rd.
Columbia and Needville to play on Monday to break the tie

**If Needville beats Wharton and Columbus beats Sweeny … Sealy 1st, Sweeny/Columbia/Needville tied for 2nd.
Head-to-head records break the tie, giving Sweeny 2nd (3-1), Needville 3rd (2-2), Columbia 4th (1-3), no district playoff game(s) needed.

Carter 08, your my hero!!!

Your right.....it might not mean much!

But I will repeat myself again
and I'll speak s l o w l y

yes you beat Sealy twice.....

Once was a SCRIMMAGE.
and once was pre-season. coach was still working his options.

Needville who is tied for 3rd with 4 other teams beat Sealy too. so did Columbus and Wharton.

any team can win beat any team on any given day.....you NEVER know

I'm not saying that you won't......just saying that it doesn't mean that you would again.

let....it......go........young un

:clap: YOU DO REALIZE YOU ARE REPLYING TO HIS COMMENTS,, SO WHY DO YOU LET IT GO IF U WANT IT TO GO AWAY?

3aSoftball4Mom
04-18-2007, 01:12 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

nette_mom
04-18-2007, 02:20 PM
As a parent and proud supporter of Bellville Softball!!!!
Why can't you posters just be PROUD of Sealy's accomplishments! They have a GREAT TEAM! They have a great player at every position on the field and they have a chance to do well in the playoffs! Bellville has had lots of ISSUES to deal with this year and they have come out OK, they will make the playoffs. We don't have ANY SET POSITIONS and haven't had them all year and that has really hurt our program. We lost a lot of talent last year and we just don't have the strength at every positon that the Sealys and the Splendoras have. Softball is and always will be an exciting game with an opportunity for any team to win, no matter what 9 players hit the field. You need great pitching, fielding, hitting, and coaching, and sometimes a lot of LUCK!!! YOU HAVE TO PLAY AS A TEAM!!! It doesn't matter who beat who when it comes to playoffs! You have one bad game and you are out, no matter what kind of team you have. So lets be proud of all of these girls and their commitment to the game. These playoffs are going to be exciting and full of twists and turns, so I say good luck to each team and lets play some great softball. Congratulations to the Sealy girls, my daughter has played with you and against you and you are and always will be GREAT COMPETITION AND AN OUTSTANDING TEAM!!!

pirate4state
04-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by nette_mom
Why can't you posters just be PROUD of Sealy's accomplishments! They have a GREAT TEAM! They have a great player at every position on the field and they have a chance to do well in the playoffs! Bellville has had lots of ISSUES to deal with this year and they have come out OK, they will make the playoffs. We don't have ANY SET POSITIONS and haven't had them all year and that has really hurt our program. We lost a lot of talent last year and we just don't have the strength at every positon that the Sealys and the Splendoras have. Softball is and always will be an exciting game with an opportunity for any team to win, no matter what 9 players hit the field. You need great pitching, fielding, hitting, and coaching, and sometimes a lot of LUCK!!! YOU HAVE TO PLAY AS A TEAM!!! It doesn't matter who beat who when it comes to playoffs! You have one bad game and you are out, no matter what kind of team you have. So lets be proud of all of these girls and their commitment to the game. These playoffs are going to be exciting and full of twists and turns, so I say good luck to each team and lets play some great softball. Cogratulations to the Sealy girls, my daughter has played with you and against you and you are and always will be GREAT COMPETITION AND AN OUTSTANDING TEAM!!!

:clap: nice post!!! :)

44INAROW
04-18-2007, 02:27 PM
nice post Nette_mom :clap: Good Luck to all the girls :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Thank you.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Thank you everyone for your Congrats! It means a lot to the Lady Tigers and Coaches! (and parents):D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Thank you!:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Thank you Neck!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Thank you.

3aSoftball4Mom
04-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Why can't you posters just be PROUD of Sealy's accomplishments! They have a GREAT TEAM! They have a great player at every position on the field and they have a chance to do well in the playoffs! Bellville has had lots of ISSUES to deal with this year and they have come out OK, they will make the playoffs. We don't have ANY SET POSITIONS and haven't had them all year and that has really hurt our program. We lost a lot of talent last year and we just don't have the strength at every positon that the Sealys and the Splendoras have. Softball is and always will be an exciting game with an opportunity for any team to win, no matter what 9 players hit the field. You need great pitching, fielding, hitting, and coaching, and sometimes a lot of LUCK!!! YOU HAVE TO PLAY AS A TEAM!!! It doesn't matter who beat who when it comes to playoffs! You have one bad game and you are out, no matter what kind of team you have. So lets be proud of all of these girls and their commitment to the game. These playoffs are going to be exciting and full of twists and turns, so I say good luck to each team and lets play some great softball. Congratulations to the Sealy girls, my daughter has played with you and against you and you are and always will be GREAT COMPETITION AND AN OUTSTANDING TEAM!!!

nice post nette_mom!:clap:
you said it best!
and as you and everyone else has seen 4 or 5 times already
fbb said thank you for me!:D

Good luck to all of your girls in the playoffs!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
04-18-2007, 03:28 PM

and as you and everyone else has seen 4 or 5 times already
fbb said thank you for me!:D

This lady is so nice, I knew another THANK YOU was on its way.:thumbsup:

Bull19
04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
This lady is so nice, I knew another THANK YOU was on its way.:thumbsup:

LMAO

3aSoftball4Mom
04-18-2007, 04:06 PM
LMAO

me too!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wave: :thumbsup: :cheerl:

maestro
04-18-2007, 08:14 PM
somehow, as a society, we have begun to think that bad talking someone else's team can maybe get our school or team to be successful.

cheer on your teams.....but do not hesitate to send congrats to the victors.

BOTH can co-exist.........

Reds fan
04-19-2007, 08:54 AM

Really well said! Congrats should go out to the kids playing their chosen sports playoffs or no playoffs. Some parents seem to seek out accolades for their kids accomplishments and all they end up doing is placing more pressure squarely on the backs of the kids, the players have enough pressure as it is. Be proud of your kids, root for your favorite teams. Let the kids gather their own congratulations, it is their time. In all sports and in life these kids need parents to be there in solid support but they'll need that support even more when that last victory just was not there. Funny things is...parents usually take longer to get over those losses than the kids.

Congratulations to all the kids that have completed the season and continued good luck to all players with continued playoff competition. Most of all be safe and have fun.
:)