PDA

View Full Version : Don't let you babies grow up to be...

Hansum Stranger
04-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Spurs Fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5i6mmF_5YY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmavs%2Ebeloblog%2Ecom%2F)

wedo
04-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Aggies??

piratebg
04-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Cute :)

But my kids will still be Spurs fans. :D

smustangs
04-16-2007, 01:04 PM
haha thats great

Adidas410s
04-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Did that video FINALLY make it out to youtube??? They started running it last year in the playoffs @ the ADD and it has been cracking me up ever since. They adapted it for the Suns and Heat as well...but it's not as funny.

g$$
04-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Aggies??

Wannabe Texas Longhorn t-shirt fans?

wedo
04-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$

hahahaha You got me!!! Good one!!

JJ7997
04-17-2007, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by g$$

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BuffyMars
04-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Or people who think that when you go to a school it automatically "makes" you a fan? :kiss:

Maroon87
04-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah...because you know it really sucks to be a fan of a team that actually has something to brag about. :p

Adidas410s
04-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Or people who think that when you go to a school it automatically "makes" you a fan? :kiss:

:confused:

Unless you don't like the school that you attended...I'm pretty sure you WOULD be a fan of it.

BuffyMars
04-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

Unless you don't like the school that you attended...I'm pretty sure you WOULD be a fan of it.

I am not a fan of Texas A&M-Commerce. SImply alumni.

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2007, 09:18 AM

Does the fact that someone went to a school make them a better fan than someone who did not?

I have been a Texas fan since watching them lose to georgia in the cotton bowl. I was 6 at the time. Means I have been a fan for 25 years. So because I did not go to the school does that mean I am less of one?

Adidas410s
04-17-2007, 09:21 AM
I am not a fan of Texas A&M-Commerce. SImply alumni.

So...as I said...you didn't like the school that you attended...so you wouldn't be a fan.

My girlfriend is at Tech Law....she's still a big UT homer though. (But our Tech season tickets are in her name!!! :evillol::evillol::evillol: )

Adidas410s
04-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Does the fact that someone went to a school make them a better fan than someone who did not?

I have been a Texas fan since watching them lose to georgia in the cotton bowl. I was 6 at the time. Means I have been a fan for 25 years. So because I did not go to the school does that mean I am less of one?

It's not a matter of more or less of a fan...it's just a different type of fan. A certain level of attachment to something can only be truly acheived by experiencing it first hand. I may know every little detail about Augusta National and can talk of my fondness and adoration of the venue and its tournament. However, my thoughts and feelings about Augusta National would/will be entirely different once I am able to attend the Masters and (Lord willing) play the course some day.

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2007, 09:26 AM
A certain level of attachment to something can only be truly acheived by experiencing it first hand.

I can agree if a person is a fan of a school BEFORE they go to school..then exp all the stuff..But I cannot believe someone that becomes a fan in effect for four years, then possibly after is more a fan than someone who has followed a school most of their life.

Adidas410s
04-17-2007, 09:32 AM
I can agree if a person is a fan of a school BEFORE they go to school..then exp all the stuff..But I cannot believe someone that becomes a fan in effect for four years, then possibly after is more a fan than someone who has followed a school most of their life.

Like I said...personal experience can change everything. For most kids going to your bigger schools, they tend to have at least some level of interest in the university before they go there...otherwise they would've gone somewhere else. You don't see a lot of people that have always liked A&M enrolling at TU and Tech...

Txbroadcaster
04-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Like I said...personal experience can change everything. For most kids going to your bigger schools, they tend to have at least some level of interest in the university before they go there...otherwise they would've gone somewhere else. You don't see a lot of people that have always liked A&M enrolling at TU and Tech...

Well BBDE says he was a big UT fan..now is at A&M..maybe he can shed some light

BuffyMars
04-17-2007, 09:50 AM

But its not JUST for sports, its for academics as well.

BuffyMars
04-17-2007, 09:51 AM
But its not JUST for sports, its for academics as well.

Woops, wrong quote. I was trying to qoute adidas. :crazy1:

Old Tiger
04-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Imus

Phil C
04-17-2007, 10:09 AM
A nice song. And I am a Spurs fan! :)

neck_06
04-17-2007, 11:20 AM
thats pretty good

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Mommmmma's don't let your babies grow up to be Spurs fans
because they'll end up cheerin' on three champs or more
while us Mavericks sit in Dallas with our rearends sore

Mommmmma's don't let your babies grow up to be Spurs fans
let 'em be Mavericks fans ridin' tha short bus
so they can choke on heat just like us

Adidas410s
04-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
so they can choke on heat just like us

maybe that should say "so they can choke vs the Heat unlike us"

Dang it...I'm hating on my own team :(

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 11:29 AM
maybe that should say "so they can choke vs the Heat unlike us"

Dang it...I'm hating on my own team :(

ha...

it was a joke to laugh at as well as the original Spurs Fan tune... not meant to bash or bring up memories of the finals...

wait, nm, that's what it was for... :p

SintonFan
04-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Anyone read the comments on that utube video? It's just like here but filthier.:D

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-17-2007, 12:51 PM
I love that the claymation is Dirk singing.

burnet44
04-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Mommmmma's don't let your babies grow up to be...........

Brittany Spears
Nancy Polosi
A Democrat Im sure Ill get more mail on that one
Jerry Jones
Me

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by burnet44

A Democrat Im sure Ill get more mail on that one

You get mail on it because you don't know how to control yourself and show common courtesy to others. I'm just waiting for you to act like a grown man for once about the situation.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-17-2007, 01:31 PM

I went and saw the campus at UT, and went and saw the campus at A&M. The difference between the two schools is night and day. I liked A&M a lot more and am happy with the decision that I made. I've always liked Tech, but it was too far away.