PDA

View Full Version : houston fans may get your wish...

coach
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
there are rumors floating around that brad lidge is headed to tampma bay

bhtrainer
04-16-2007, 10:50 AM
woo hoo!!!

wedo
04-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by coach
there are rumors floating around that brad lidge is headed to tampma bay

about time!!! Who are they going to get in return?

htowntransplant
04-16-2007, 01:23 PM
i doubt it to be true, but since gerry hunsicker is part of the TB front office, it may not be farfetched afterall. one name i read was rocco baldelli. there would also be some young arms thrown in.

JR2004
04-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by wedo
about time!!! Who are they going to get in return?

Try for Edwin Jackson and see if there's someone in your organization who can bring his confidence back.

If not him I'd try and take Joel Guzman if Tampa is willing to part with him. I doubt it, but it can't hurt to ask.

g$$
04-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Try for Edwin Jackson and see if there's someone in your organization who can bring his confidence back.

If not him I'd try and take Joel Guzman if Tampa is willing to part with him. I doubt it, but it can't hurt to ask.

Agreed on above. Good arms, need a change of scenery.

Baldelli has been mentioned for a while now. Right now it is just talk. Hunsicker will fleece Purpura. Heck, ask for Carl Crawford & bring him home to Houston! I know, not going to happen.

crzyjournalist03
04-16-2007, 04:14 PM
According to the new york papers, the Mets have been asking about Lidge and were told he's not available. A New Jersey paper is the one reporting that the Rays want Lidge, but they were also told he won't be traded.

g$$
04-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
According to the new york papers, the Mets have been asking about Lidge and were told he's not available. A New Jersey paper is the one reporting that the Rays want Lidge, but they were also told he won't be traded.

Lots of advance scouts are following the Astros to evaluate Lidge right now. Trades have been mentioned of course. I think the Astros are scared to deal him but unsure how to fix him too.

Roger Clemens came out today & said to make Lidge a starter again, said it can't hurt him any worse. That is drastic but tempting too. Lidge is screwed up mechanically & mentally.

crzyjournalist03
04-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Lots of advance scouts are following the Astros to evaluate Lidge right now. Trades have been mentioned of course. I think the Astros are scared to deal him but unsure how to fix him too.

Roger Clemens came out today & said to make Lidge a starter again, said it can't hurt him any worse. That is drastic but tempting too. Lidge is screwed up mechanically & mentally.

I said before the season started in one of the rangers/astros threads that Houston and Lidge would both be better off if they parted ways...Fransisco Cordero did the same thing Lidge is doing in Texas last year, and the Rangers shipped him to Milwaukee, where he turned into an elite closer again. If I'm Houston, Tampa is fine! Send him to the AL, so he can't come back to haunt you. He'll still have some value, although I doubt they'd get Baldelli.

big daddy russ
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM
If they could get Baldelli that'd be a hell of a deal, especially if they could get an effective middle reliever (I'd be very happy with Guzman) as a throw-in.

g$$
04-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I said before the season started in one of the rangers/astros threads that Houston and Lidge would both be better off if they parted ways...Fransisco Cordero did the same thing Lidge is doing in Texas last year, and the Rangers shipped him to Milwaukee, where he turned into an elite closer again. If I'm Houston, Tampa is fine! Send him to the AL, so he can't come back to haunt you. He'll still have some value, although I doubt they'd get Baldelli.

Yes, you did post that concerning Lidge. I wanted to deal him last year when he still had value. I still think he could fetch Baldelli or someone similar. I would package Burke with him & see what is out there. Maybe Ensberg too if the deal was right.

Lamb & Loretta need to play more - both can hit. Pence is waiting in AAA. Patton & Estrada are close too. Time to shake it up & see what happens with some new blood. Maybe even Roger would come along in June. Who knows, but tired of this same old deal.