PDA

View Full Version : Jordan to be an Aggie!

GetRDoneStangs
04-16-2007, 05:52 AM
He will enroll June 1st!

Good news for the Aggies!

Jordan to Stay at Texas A&M

Last Edited: Sunday, 15 Apr 2007, 8:35 PM CDT
Created: Sunday, 15 Apr 2007, 8:30 PM CDT

DeAndre Jordan The Texas A&M basketball program will keep its top signee under former head coach Billy Gillispie.

Seven-footer DeAndre Jordan, from Christian Life Academy in Houston, tells FOX 26 Sports he met with new Aggie head coach Mark Turgeon for 90 minutes Sunday afternoon.
"I've decided I am going to stay at Texas A&M next year and honor my committment and I will be there June 1st for summer school, " Jordan said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports.

Jordan says the meeting with Turgeon, which took place in Houston, went a long way toward him deciding to honor his committment to A&M and not ask for his release.

"It was real important because I didn't know anything about Coach Turgeon. A lot of the players at Texas A&M called me and told me all the things he was about, that he was a good guy, but I wanted to see it myself. So I met with him. I liked what he was talking about and where he is taking the program and that convinced me, " Jordan said.

Jordan said it meant a great deal to him that Turgeon would come to Houston and spend an hour and a half with him.

"I kind of felt a little important. That he would go out of his way to come down here and meet with me and my family, " Jordan said. He told me "he was going to continue what coach Gillispie left behind at Texas A&M." Gillispie is now the head coach At Kentucky.

During his senior year at Christian Life Academy Jordan averaged 26 points, 15 rebounds, and 8 blocked shots.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=2935037&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

Phil C
04-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Good news for the Aggies.

At least there are some players who honor their committment even if the coaches don't always do so.

:clap:

Adidas410s
04-16-2007, 08:22 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

8 blocks/game??? Is that for real??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Funk-d-fied
04-16-2007, 09:35 AM
I posted this like 3 days ago... Great News though!

District303aPastPlayer
04-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
:clap: :clap: :clap:

8 blocks/game??? Is that for real??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Christian Life Academy also produced Gerald Green of the Celtics... They are part of TAPPS i thing... i could be wrong... and from what i read, aren't really a straight arrow kid type of school...

GetRDoneStangs
04-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Jordan was Co-MVP of the all star tourny he was in last weekend in Lexington. The Kentucky board showed a picture of him slamming a big time dunk over another big guy, it was sweet! Thw Wildcat fans really made Jordan "Feel at home" trying to get him to ask for his release from A & M....but no such luck!!

I hope he stays a few years...he could be a very dominate Center in the Big 12!

:D :D :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
04-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied

After you posted it..."Jordan's people" came out and said he wasn't sure what he was going to do anymore and that there were a few things that he was going to consider in the next few days.

Phil C
04-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Jordan was Co-MVP of the all star tourny he was in last weekend in Lexington. The Kentucky board showed a picture of him slamming a big time dunk over another big guy, it was sweet! Thw Wildcat fans really made Jordan "Feel at home" trying to get him to ask for his release from A & M....but no such luck!!

I hope he stays a few years...he could be a very dominate Center in the Big 12!

:D :D :clap: :clap:

Unfortunately if he is good enough to be one of the early picks next year he will probably be gone like Kevin.

Darren
04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied

Who cares.

GetRDoneStangs
04-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Unfortunately if he is good enough to be one of the early picks next year he will probably be gone like Kevin.

That is very true.....:( :( :(

Funk-d-fied
04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
He is raw, but very athletic, the picture of him dunking is him dunking over a uk signee....sweet!!!

g$$
04-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Christian Life Academy also produced Gerald Green of the Celtics... They are part of TAPPS i thing... i could be wrong... and from what i read, aren't really a straight arrow kid type of school...

Charter school here in Houston. Jordan has never been in trouble his whole life. Kids from all different backgrounds. That is a blanket statement you made. Not true at all. I live here!

Jordan was a man amongst boys. 7 foot & athletic, used to play out in Humble. Huge for Aggies to keep him.

GetRDoneStangs
04-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Charter school here in Houston. Jordan has never been in trouble his whole life. Kids from all different backgrounds. That is a blanket statement you made. Not true at all. I live here!

Jordan was a man amongst boys. 7 foot & athletic, used to play out in Humble. Huge for Aggies to keep him.

He could be the Dominate Inside Player...and very well may be...

He was a "Man amongst boys"....thats for sure...Hopefully he will be a "Monster amongst Men".......

If you like In Your Face...Slam Dunk..."I am sorry that is MY LANE...then you will appreciate what he brings to the court.

I think he will be a step above...

Rudy Woods?????

The last BIG MAN at A & M. He was good for his day....now it is time for DJ...!!!!