PDA

View Full Version : 31-3A District Track Meet

Ray_BearKat
04-16-2007, 02:50 AM
DISTRICT 31-3A:

At Zapata, the Raymondville boys and girls teams were all business on the second day of the district meet. The Bearkats dominated the boys’ meet, winning eight gold medals on Saturday and 13 total during the two days.

Raymondville scored 274 total points en route to its fourth straight district title. Dustin Alejo, Carlo Dominguez and DJ Rodriguez grabbed two golds each for the Bearkats. Alejo won the 100 and 200 dashes. The speedy sophomore won the 100 in an impressive 10.60. Dominguez won the 31-3A title in the triple and long jumps. Dominguez jumped 22 feet, 7 ½ inches in the long, breaking his own Valley Best by a half inch. Rodriguez double-dipped, winning the discus and shot put. Raymondville also swept all three relays.

On the girls’ side, the Lady Kats won nine gold medals and scored 246.5 total points to win the district crown. Theresa Clinton grabbed two golds, winning the triple jump (30-11) and high jump (4-8) on Thursday. The Lady Kats also won the 400 and 1,600 relays.

Of note, Raymondville swept all four divisions at the 31-3A meet. The Willacy County school won the boys and girls titles in the varsity and junior varsity divisions. 7th and 8th grade boys also swept their meets with 300 points a piece.

I haven't been able to track down official results but when i do I'll post them up...