PDA

View Full Version : tim duncan drama??

jason
04-15-2007, 11:19 PM
did anybody see what happened to tim duncan with the technical fouls??

ive only read about what happened vs the mavs....

kaorder1999
04-15-2007, 11:19 PM
i just saw on the news where he was given a tech for laughing at the ref while on the bench...thats all i got. Didnt really understand it

injuredinmelee
04-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Crawford was way out of line. I jsut saw the highlights on ESPN. The NBA trying to assure that they keep Phoenix in the #2 spot.

kaorder1999
04-15-2007, 11:25 PM
from the hl's you cant tell what was said on the bench though!!!

shadow13
04-16-2007, 12:32 AM
I watched the game , Tim got the 1st tech. for laughing at a call the ref. made. and the 2nd tech. was after the same ref. call a foul against the Spurs moments later and Tim laugh again ,but he did not say anything to to ref. or did he say anything to anyone all he did was laugh. I'm a Mav. fan , but I did not see were Tim should have been giving a tech. on either one of the calls. This is really getting out of control ....The madness must stop!

Dallas Maverick Fan

SintonFan
04-16-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by shadow13
I watched the game , Tim got the 1st tech. for laughing at a call the ref. made. and the 2nd tech. was after the same ref. call a foul against the Spurs moments later and Tim laugh again ,but he did not say anything to to ref. or did he say anything to anyone all he did was laugh. I'm a Mav. fan , but I did not see were Tim should have been giving a tech. on either one of the calls. This is really getting out of control ....The madness must stop!

Dallas Maverick Fan
I have the game saved in HD. There was nothing to call imo. I'm not worried except unless frikkin Crawford "offisheeates" another game.
Crawford is now saying Duncan was complaining "the whole game".:rolleyes: :mad: What a puss!:hairpunk: :mad:
I'd gladly show this game again on a 120" screen in HD and ask anyone if they saw something I didn't see.

3afan
04-16-2007, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Crawford was way out of line IMO. I just saw the highlights on ESPN. The NBA trying to assure that they keep Phoenix in the #2 spot.

yeah, from the TV point of view it was bizzare to say the least ...... but "The NBA trying to assure that they keep Phoenix in the #2 spot. " - that statement is s*****, or d***, .......... well, also bizzare

:p

Hansum Stranger
04-16-2007, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
yeah, from the TV point of view it was bizzare to say the least ...... but "The NBA trying to assure that they keep Phoenix in the #2 spot. " - that statement is s*****, or d***, .......... well, also bizzare

Agree. Everyone knows that the top $$$ for the NBA comes from TV. If the games were fixed then why did the top 2 markets in the nation only get 1 out of 3 teams in the playoffs, and that one team barely got in. The refs do make mistakes, but then again, who doesn't?

Gp83
04-16-2007, 07:17 AM
He was laughing laughing though...It was more like a smile laugh if that makes sence

Old Tiger
04-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

I'd gladly show this game again on a 120" screen in HD and ask anyone if they saw something I didn't see. Bragger! :foul:

Phil C
04-16-2007, 08:24 AM
DON'T LAUGH AT THE NBA REFS!

NO MATTER WHAT STUPID THINGS THEY DO!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Adidas410s
04-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
Agree. Everyone knows that the top $$$ for the NBA comes from TV. If the games were fixed then why did the top 2 markets in the nation only get 1 out of 3 teams in the playoffs, and that one team barely got in. The refs do make mistakes, but then again, who doesn't?

The NBA has grown to a point where the games on TV are more about the matchups than anything else. I live in Dallas but if I can see two of the following guys play each other...then I'll at least watch for a bit: Kobe, Lebron, Nash, Wade/Shaq, Yao/TMac, Dirk, Duncan. As long as the biggest name stars are playing int eh big playoff series...then the NBA is happy because it will drawn in viewers from outside those two markets. If it's Dallas vs SA...it's not going to draw as high of a rating as Dallas vs Phoenix because the style of the game isn't as appealing to the consumer.

injuredinmelee
04-16-2007, 08:42 AM
the playoffs are were the games are the most suspect with the calls.

JasperDog94
04-16-2007, 09:00 AM
We have no idea what led up to this tech. Duncan has gotten away with murder as far as complaining when he gets a foul called on him in the past.

That said, what Duncan did WAS "showing up the refs". By definition that is a technical foul.

Darren
04-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I watched the game as well.. And I have to admitt that I am a Spurs fan. But getting thrown out of a game for laughing???? that is a bit extreme. The ref should be suspended and fined.

It was a great game and would have been even better if they had let them play the game instead of handicaping SA.

Manck
04-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Here's the video of the second tech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky6Rqf6iYJI

turbostud
04-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Horrible officiating in that vid.

1 and ONLY
04-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Supposedly, they said on ESPN, the ref was yelling at duncan, while he was leaving, asking him if we wanted to fight.
But thats what i saw on ESPN

coach
04-16-2007, 10:40 AM
i absolutely hate tim duncan he is a big baby but i cant believe he got thrown out...that was redicu;ous..he did nothing wrong.....and then for the offical to ask tim duncan if he wanted to fight??? wth is that about?? this is just another example that nba officals want to be apart of the show...

JasperDog94
04-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't know guys. Crawford is a veteran official. There has to be more to this.

Adidas410s
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I don't know guys. Crawford is a veteran official. There has to be more to this.
nm

coach
04-16-2007, 10:44 AM
he is a veteran but he was out of line....he justt wanted to be the show

Adidas410s
04-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Quotations from unlikely ejectionby: Marc Stein
posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 | Feedback | Print Entry
filed under: Tim Duncan

Joey Crawford-related comments from Tim Duncan's postgame media session Sunday:

Duncan on the ejection: "Was I surprised? I was sitting on the bench laughing about a call and he throws me out of the game? Yeah, I was surprised, of course."

Duncan on Crawford: "Joey knew exactly what he was doing. He came into this game with a personal vendetta against me -- it had to be -- because I didn't do anything the entire game. As I said, I said three words to him and the three words were that I got fouled on a shot. There was one shot I took against Dirk. I pump-faked and got hit on the arm and I said, 'Joey, I got hit on the play.' I probably said it again when I came back down the floor and that's all I said to him the entire game."

Duncan on his history with Crawford: "The last game we played against Indiana, I got a tech from him there also. So I kind of imagine it stems from that or whatever. I don't know what his deal is. . . . You'd have to ask him that question, because obviously he's got a problem with me. I don't have a problem with Joey. He's got a problem with me, so that's a question for him."

Duncan on playing in future playoff games reffed by Crawford: "You've got to be aware of it, but I don't know what else they want me to do. If he wants camera time, then he's going to call the techs and he's going to get the camera time he wants. So I don't know what his deal is."

Duncan on fighting: "Joey Crawford came to me and said, 'Hey, do you want to fight?' ... Before he gave me the two technical fouls, he made a call and I was shaking my head, and he walks down and stares at me. He says: 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?' I didn't say anything to him then, either. ... I [know] no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, 'Do you want to fight?'"

Crawford's comments were issued before Duncan's postgame interview. NBA rules generally forbid referees from speaking to the media after games, but there are provisions -- in controversial cases like this one -- to send a pool reporter into the referees' quarters to get an explanation, in most instances on a rules interpretation.

Crawford on the ejection: "He was complaining the whole time. And then he went over to the bench and he was over there doing the same stuff behind our back. I hit him with one [technical] and he kept going over there, laughing, and I look over there and he's still complaining. So I threw him out."

Crawford on giving technicals to someone sitting on the bench: "He's complaining. He was constantly complaining. He was complaining when he was on the court. Then he got on the bench and kept doing the same stuff. So I just ejected him."

Crawford on Duncan's contention that he said nothing to warrant two technicals: "That's his opinion. He said nothing when he was walking off the court and he called me a piece of [blank]? Is that nothing?"

Phil C
04-16-2007, 10:48 AM
I hope the Spurs don't get these officials in the playoffs.

Adidas410s
04-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I hope the Spurs don't get these officials in the playoffs.

You can guarantee that Crawford will call at least 1 game when the Spurs and Suns meet up as that will be the marquee 2nd round series.

JasperDog94
04-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Duncan on Crawford: "...I said three words to him and the three words were that I got fouled on a shot. ..."

Duncan on Crawford: "... and I said, 'Joey, I got hit on the play.' I probably said it again when I came back down the floor and that's all I said to him the entire game."

Someone needs to teach Timmy how to count.:doh:

big daddy russ
04-16-2007, 11:18 AM
One way or the other, they were horrible calls. This was the first I had seen of them, but a buddy of mine called me last night in disbelief saying they were crap.

I don't know enough about Crawford to make a good case for or against him, I just know that he's been in a couple of the Spurs' NBA Finals. If he's trying to make an example out of Duncan, then he's a horrible human being. If he just made an honest mistake, it happens.

As it stands right now, he reminds me of some cops I know.

BTEXDAD
04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

I'd gladly show this game again on a 120" screen in HD and ask anyone if they saw something I didn't see.

sounds good. BYOB or what?

Macarthur
04-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Crawford was way out of line. I jsut saw the highlights on ESPN. The NBA trying to assure that they keep Phoenix in the #2 spot.

IM, is right. Crawford is a jackass.

People pay money to see the players not the a-hole refs. There are several of them that take themselves way too serious.

Old Tiger
04-16-2007, 03:43 PM
WHERE IS AL SHARPTON AND JESSE JACKSON? THAT WHITE REF IS A RACIST!

Phil C
04-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

Shhhhhhhh!

:)

g$$
04-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Here's the deal:

Tim Duncan has a reputation as a whiner.

Joey Crawford is regarded as one of the NBA's best refs but also known as a hothead.

Both are at fault here. Crawford had heard enough...Duncan got tossed. Crawford felt he showed him up by laughing from the bench & cursing at him. Both will be reprimanded by the league.

Reminds me of the Clyde Drexler / Jake O'Donnell feud. O'Donnell was later suspended & then forced to retire.

No big deal, playoffs won't be affected.

Old Tiger
04-16-2007, 05:18 PM
How is Tim at fault for laughing at a call when he's not even in the game? That ref is just an arrogant @$$hole and if he did say something about a fighting he should be suspended. Who cares if a player whines, seriously?

g$$
04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
How is Tim at fault for laughing at a call when he's not even in the game? That ref is just an arrogant @$$hole and if he did say something about a fighting he should be suspended. Who cares if a player whines, seriously?

They had been going back & forth during the game. Duncan is regarded as a whiner & Crawford is a hothead.

Crawford's brother is Gerry Crawford, MLB umpire & good one. Father was also a longtime MLB umpire (Shag Crawford). Joey has been around - he is respected all over the NBA but also leads the league in technicals assessed. Duncan needs to just shut up & play (he's no saint either), but Crawford crossed the line too. The NBA will handle it.

(BTW, Crawford denies making the "fight" statement. He probably meant "fight" authority of the decision.)

Emerson1
04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
To bad TD isn't black

Gobbla2001
04-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$

No big deal, playoffs won't be affected.

What about the 2nd and 3rd playoff seedings?

Hansum Stranger
04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Who cares if a player whines, seriously?

No one likes a whiner, unless you're a whiner yourself.

Old Tiger
04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$
They had been going back & forth during the game. Duncan is regarded as a whiner & Crawford is a hothead.

Crawford's brother is Gerry Crawford, MLB umpire & good one. Father was also a longtime MLB umpire (Shag Crawford). Joey has been around - he is respected all over the NBA but also leads the league in technicals assessed. Duncan needs to just shut up & play (he's no saint either), but Crawford crossed the line too. The NBA will handle it.

(BTW, Crawford denies making the "fight" statement. He probably meant "fight" authority of the decision.) and how does the family background help the situation. If he uttered the words "do you want to fight" that doesn't make up for him throwing a player that isn't playing our of the game for laughing just because of a reputation. Probably the funniest thing I've ever seen happen to a player.

Emerson1
04-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The suns weren't gonna lose out.

Should of been a good tune up for the spurs, you never know when TD is gonna get some quick fouls. They have to be able to score in a 6 minute stretch without timmy

Gobbla2001
04-16-2007, 05:29 PM
everyone whines in the NBA... I've seen Dirk, AJ, Stack do it for the Mavs EVERY time I watch 'em...

I dunno why it's always Duncan whose the big whiner... they all whine/B@#$h in the NBA... act like there's only one guy...

Gobbla2001
04-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The suns weren't gonna lose out.

Should of been a good tune up for the spurs, you never know when TD is gonna get some quick fouls. They have to be able to score in a 6 minute stretch without timmy

thanks...

Hansum Stranger
04-16-2007, 05:30 PM
everyone whines in the NBA... I've seen Dirk, AJ, Stack do it for the Mavs EVERY time I watch 'em...

I dunno why it's always Duncan whose the big whiner... they all whine/B@#$h in the NBA... act like there's only one guy...

True they all whine, but Duncan takes it to a higher level. Just watch him ANYTIME a foul is called against him.

g$$
04-16-2007, 05:32 PM

There was no guarantee SA would win anyway. Duncan is a stud (though declining), but they went over 6 minutes without a FG. Maybe so, maybe no, but no guarantees.

Gobbla2001
04-16-2007, 05:34 PM
True they all whine, but Duncan takes it to a higher level. Just watch him ANYTIME a foul is called against him.

not every time, but yes, most of the time, just like the other guys... tim will put out his arms and look around with his eyes wide open and a half-ass smile on his face... you don't have to tell me to look, I've watched him his whole career...

but watch dirk most of the times when a foul is called against him or not against him when there should have been, he gets that horrible pissed off looking face, the kind like "Oh c'mon mom I don't wanna go to Sunday School"....

who gives a crap, it's a competition, as long as they're not swinging at the ref and getting in his face who cares...

I wanna whine.... with three rings on my dresser...

g$$
04-16-2007, 05:35 PM
and how does the family background help the situation. If he uttered the words "do you want to fight" that doesn't make up for him throwing a player that isn't playing our of the game for laughing just because of a reputation. Probably the funniest thing I've ever seen happen to a player.

I am just saying Joey comes from a family of refs & umpires. He has been around too, a long time. He is a New Jersey hothead. He felt showed up & took action. So will the league. Duncan is no saint here either. He always whines & complains.

Ask any NBA player the best ref, & Joey Crawford will be on about 90% of the ballots. They will also say he is a jerk at times too.

Old Tiger
04-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I am just saying Joey comes from a family of refs & umpires. He has been around too, a long time. He is a New Jersey hothead. He felt showed up & took action. So will the league. Duncan is no saint here either. He always whines & complains.
Once again what does whining and complaining have to do with a ref asking a player if he wants to fight?

Gobbla2001
04-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$
. Duncan is no saint here either. He always whines & complains.

every player I watch always whines and complains... that's the days we live in... no one's gunna make a big deal about some bench-rider in Atlanta whining... he may be the biggest whiner in the NBA, but no one talks about him whining because A. He isn't the best player in the NBA and B. He isn't close to the best player in the NBA...

Hansum Stranger
04-16-2007, 05:40 PM

but watch dirk most of the times when a foul is called against him or not against him when there should have been, he gets that horrible pissed off looking face, the kind like "Oh c'mon mom I don't wanna go to Sunday School"....

Actually Dirk has made it a point to not act like he did in the past. He's even gone as far as to tell Cuban to change the way he acts. Duncan should try and do the same.

g$$
04-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Once again what does whining and complaining have to do with a ref asking a player if he wants to fight?

And who says he really said it? Crawford said that it's not true, Duncan says it is. Let the league decide.

I see a reprimand & fine for both of them coming soon. Then move on to playoffs.

Old Tiger
04-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And who says he really said it? Crawford said that it's not true, Duncan says it is. Let the league decide.

I see a reprimand & fine for both of them coming soon. Then move on to playoffs. Crawford was wearing a mic in the game because of the game coverage so they can go back to tapes. I don't see a fine for Duncan but I see a suspension for Crawford. People pay to see Duncan not a ref and that is all I got to say about that.

Hansum Stranger
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM

How come no other player is coming out saying that they heard Crawford say that? You're just hearing one side of the story.

Gobbla2001
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Actually Dirk has made it a point to not act like he did in the past. He's even gone as far as to tell Cuban to change the way he acts. Duncan should try and do the same.

he still does it... Stack does it, Johnson does it... don't single out one guy...

g$$
04-16-2007, 05:43 PM
every player I watch always whines and complains... that's the days we live in... no one's gunna make a big deal about some bench-rider in Atlanta whining... he may be the biggest whiner in the NBA, but no one talks about him whining because A. He isn't the best player in the NBA and B. He isn't close to the best player in the NBA...

Dude, I like Duncan but he is a whiner big-time. Always has been & the NBA allows it from its stars. STARS get calls. Crawford had enough, see ya.

I think both of them were at fault.

Hansum Stranger
04-16-2007, 05:44 PM
don't single out one guy...

Okay, Manu does it, Bowen does it and so does Pop. How's that for not singling(sp) out just one guy?

g$$
04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Crawford was wearing a mic in the game because of the game coverage so they can go back to tapes. I don't see a fine for Duncan but I see a suspension for Crawford. People pay to see Duncan not a ref and that is all I got to say about that.

1st of all he was ejected = automatic fine

2nd of all = his comments after the game denouncing the refs will get him fined too. Ask Isiah Thomas. NBA will not allow that.

(let's see what the tapes say)

Gobbla2001
04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Okay, Manu does it, Bowen does it and so does Pop. How's that for not singling(sp) out just one guy?

there you go... that's good...

EVERYONE DOES IT...

three rings baby, three rings in three trips...

Old Tiger
04-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$
1st of all he was ejected = automatic fine

2nd of all = his comments after the game denouncing the refs will get him fined too. Ask Isiah Thomas. NBA will not allow that.

(let's see what the tapes say) I bet he appeals the fine and gets off because he is Tim Duncan and does not have a track record(if he is fined)

g$$
04-16-2007, 05:50 PM
I bet he appeals the fine and gets off because he is Tim Duncan and does not have a track record(if he is fined)

He's paying a fine this time. Then move on to the playoffs, no big deal. Crawford will too.

Old Tiger
04-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$
He's paying a fine this time. Then move on to the playoffs, no big deal. Crawford will too. Crawford will be suspsended

JR2004
04-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Crawford was wearing a mic in the game because of the game coverage so they can go back to tapes. I don't see a fine for Duncan but I see a suspension for Crawford. People pay to see Duncan not a ref and that is all I got to say about that.

Well this is the rare instance where I take the side of a player for the Spurs because of a complete lack of any respect for NBA officials. They are the worst of the absolute worst in the officiating business and if they all got laid off at season's end it would serve each of them right.

I'll side with Duncan and believe that Uncle Fester did say what Duncan said came out of his mouth. NBA officials, specifically Crawford, Javie and Garretson, are a complete embarrassment to their profession and need to be sent on a long walk off a short pier.

Bandera YaYa
04-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Lordy, I have to come outta retirement to defend my San Antonio Spurs....now how did I know that I would need to do this??? Bless Tim's heart.....so full of kindness and love for his fellow man, and he gets ejected for laughing, of all things....it's a sad day indeed. He gets so much grief for actually being a nice guy....guess he'd blend in better if he had gold chains hanging from a tattooed neck and spewed cuss words at the refs, jumped into the stands to assult someone or was arrested for beating his wife!!!!.....we sports fans just can't tolerate the good guys, can we? And as far as this crappy ref coming from an honored family of umps, I would expect them to be hanging their heads in embarrassement.....this ref apparently wanted some serious tv exposure and i guess he got it. I hope I am at a game where he's on the court....it would make my day. And yes Tim is black.....so where are Al and Jesse????? Oh that's right, they are too busy taking down Imus for saying the same word rappers repeat over and over again......go AL!! go Jesse!!!
Go Spurs and congrats to the little, short bald guy for being such a man!! Wooooo......I bet Timmy is scared now!
Tim has more grace in his little toe than this guy has in his whole itty bitty body!!
GO SPURS GO!!! GO SPURS GO!!
Peace out! Amen brotha!

luvhoops34
04-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Lordy, I have to come outta retirement to defend my San Antonio Spurs....now how did I know that I would need to do this??? Bless Tim's heart.....so full of kindness and love for his fellow man, and he gets ejected for laughing, of all things....it's a sad day indeed. He gets so much grief for actually being a nice guy....guess he'd blend in better if he had gold chains hanging from a tattooed neck and spewed cuss words at the refs, jumped into the stands to assult someone or was arrested for beating his wife!!!!.....we sports fans just can't tolerate the good guys, can we? And as far as this crappy ref coming from an honored family of umps, I would expect them to be hanging their heads in embarrassement.....this ref apparently wanted some serious tv exposure and i guess he got it. I hope I am at a game where he's on the court....it would make my day. And yes Tim is black.....so where are Al and Jesse????? Oh that's right, they are too busy taking down Imus for saying the same word rappers repeat over and over again......go AL!! go Jesse!!!
Go Spurs and congrats to the little, short bald guy for being such a man!! Wooooo......I bet Timmy is scared now!
Tim has more grace in his little toe than this guy has in his whole itty bitty body!!
GO SPURS GO!!! GO SPURS GO!!
Peace out! Amen brotha!

Well said, yaya

kaorder1999
04-16-2007, 09:58 PM
What I find funny....

Tim Duncan: I said 3 words to him all night. All I said was 3 words.

later on in the same interview....

Tim Duncan: I think I said "Dirk got me on the arm on that shot" and then I think I said the same thing again after another no call

I think that is more than 3 words. Maybe he meant that he talked to him three times all night. I was very confused after that interview....

of course the above is paraphrased because I cant find the quotes anywhere....

big daddy russ
04-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Michelle Tafoya was on the sidelines. She heard Duncan's comments toward Javie and (I'm guessing) what Javie said back. You can see Javie saying something, I just don't know what it was.

I'd like to hear her side of the story. Or maybe they could interview one of the scorekeepers.

JasperDog94
04-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
What I find funny....

Tim Duncan: I said 3 words to him all night. All I said was 3 words.

later on in the same interview....

Tim Duncan: I think I said "Dirk got me on the arm on that shot" and then I think I said the same thing again after another no call

I think that is more than 3 words. Maybe he meant that he talked to him three times all night. I was very confused after that interview....

of course the above is paraphrased because I cant find the quotes anywhere.... Here ya go...

Duncan on Crawford: "Joey knew exactly what he was doing. He came into this game with a personal vendetta against me -- it had to be -- because I didn't do anything the entire game. As I said, I said three words to him and the three words were that I got fouled on a shot. There was one shot I took against Dirk. I pump-faked and got hit on the arm and I said, 'Joey, I got hit on the play.' I probably said it again when I came back down the floor and that's all I said to him the entire game."

kaorder1999
04-16-2007, 11:27 PM
thanks...im just confused on the i just said 3 words to him comment

JasperDog94
04-16-2007, 11:30 PM
thanks...im just confused on the i just said 3 words to him comment I think Timmy was just pulling stuff out of his rear-end to cover said rear-end.

Hansum Stranger
04-17-2007, 05:23 AM

How much did them 3 rings help them last year?

kaorder1999
04-17-2007, 08:14 AM
there you go... that's good...

EVERYONE DOES IT...

its hard to move forward when you are living in the past!! ;)

Rabbit'93
04-17-2007, 08:46 AM
My .02.

Tim D is a whiner. But he hasn't always been. When the admiral was around he didn't do it as much..why...the Admiral was doing it himself. Now Tim has stepped into the role of the whiner.

Someone said all NBA players whine....yep they do, but it doesn't make it right. The NBA has cracked down on whining this year and the players should have taken note.

Just because you don't fit the typical NBA profile doesn't mean you follow different rules YAYA. Even Timmy must follow the same rules as everyone else. I could be a saint but at my occupation I'm expected to abide by the same guidelines as my coworkers. You show up a ref by laughing at him on the bench...you get T'ed up like everyone else.

Was crawford in the wrong....maybe a little to quick on the trigger but it is what it is. He has superiors that will deal with him.

It was one regular season game in a division where playoffs spots have basically been decided. *yawn*

Maroon87
04-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Big overreaction by the ref. If everyone who laughed or complained got a T there would be no one left to play the game. Hopefully just an isolated incident.

Macarthur
04-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Crawford stepped over the line when he said "you want to fight?"

First, if they really did fight, Duncan would kill him and he knows it. That tells me he is a punk that was hiding behind his authority.

Second, that is just unprofessional. Period.

SintonFan
04-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
sounds good. BYOB or what?
Sounds like a plan.:D

kaorder1999
04-17-2007, 10:23 AM
where is this you want to fight comment from? I havent seen it anywhere!

DU_stud04
04-17-2007, 10:32 AM
the ref was wired, they know if he said it or not. now, will they share with us or leave us in the dark as always...

Maroon87
04-17-2007, 10:33 AM
NBA talks to Spurs' Duncan about role in ejection

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — NBA officials interviewed Tim Duncan about his ejection in Sunday's loss to Dallas as the league's investigation appeared to focus on the actions of referee Joey Crawford.
Duncan said he spoke with an NBA security representative Monday by phone and told him the same thing he told reporters the previous day when he was ejected by Crawford while sitting on the bench:

Crawford asked him if he wanted to fight before either technical foul was issued; he made only one verbal complaint to Crawford about a call; and he was laughing about a call against Fabricio Oberto when Crawford ejected him.

Duncan also admitted he cursed at Crawford but only after he had been ejected and had started to leave the court. Crawford said Duncan called him a "piece of (expletive)."

"I called him that," Duncan said. "But I wanted to make sure (league officials) knew that wasn't why I was ejected."

Spurs officials said they wouldn't be surprised if Duncan is fined for his comments to reporters. The NBA frowns on players publicly critiquing the referees, particularly when they single them out by name.

Dallas guard Jerry Stackhouse had to pay $30,000 last season when he unleashed a profanity-laced tirade about referee Dick Bavetta after a loss to the Spurs. New Jersey point guard Jason Kidd was fined $20,000 this season after he called an officiating crew "three blind mice."

"I'll pay a fine," Duncan said, "if it's a fine for laughing."

Duncan accused Crawford on Sunday of having a "personal vendetta" against him. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and some of the players also said they heard Crawford shout, "Do you want to fight?" when Duncan was speaking with Popovich near the team's bench.

Crawford also could be heard telling Popovich he thought Duncan was mocking the officials by laughing. When Popovich told Crawford that sounded like a personal complaint, Crawford gestured to the other two members of the officiating crew and said, "It is. It's personal to all three of us."

NBA commissioner David Stern has tried to reduce the amount of on-court complaining by players this season by instructing officials to issue technical fouls when warranted. But he also doesn't like having the referees upstage the players, which is one reason he is said to be taking a close look at Crawford's actions.

Crawford has been an NBA referee for more than 30 seasons, and this isn't the first time he has drawn the ire of league officials. After Crawford hit Dallas with four technical fouls, including the ejection of then-coach Don Nelson, in the first quarter of Game 2 of the 2003 Western Conference finals against the Spurs, Stern summoned him to New York for a meeting.

Officials with knowledge of the meeting said Stern was incensed about Crawford's quick trigger and described the commissioner's rant against the veteran referee as "an all-timer." The NBA usually doesn't announce any reprimands of its referees, and league officials wouldn't comment on the possibility of Crawford being suspended.

Crawford once quickly ejected Popovich during a game in Sacramento, then later apologized to the team, saying he had erred.

Duncan has had issues with another veteran referee, Jack Nies, after he was suspended one game three seasons ago for pushing Nies out of the way after a jump ball. But Duncan said he doesn't know when his trouble began with Crawford, who gave him a technical April 1 in Indiana.

Crawford routinely officiates high-profile playoff games, and Spurs officials have privately wondered how he will act if assigned to work one of their games this postseason.

"I don't worry about something like that lingering with Timmy at all because he doesn't have a vengeful bone in his body," Popovich said. "I think it will just be gone from his perspective."

kaorder1999
04-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Why arent there any quotes from Duncan saying that Crawford asked him if he wanted to fight? Maybe there is but they just ahvent been posted or maybe Im just overlooking it. Why would an old man ask Tim Duncan if he wanted to fight when the refs are mic'd up for every game?

kaorder1999
04-17-2007, 10:44 AM
this whole deal seems weird to me

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Why arent there any quotes from Duncan saying that Crawford asked him if he wanted to fight? Maybe there is but they just ahvent been posted or maybe Im just overlooking it. Why would an old man ask Tim Duncan if he wanted to fight when the refs are mic'd up for every game?

why would he throw a guy out half-way across the court for laughing while cameras are on him :confused:

Rabbit'93
04-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Duncan also admitted he cursed at Crawford but only after he had been ejected and had started to leave the court. Crawford said Duncan called him a "piece of (expletive)."

"I called him that," Duncan said.
Choir boy:rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Choir boy:rolleyes:

I don't think Duncan is saying he was right for callin' him that, or that he was in fear of the ref when asked if he "wanted to fight"... I think his whole point with the "want to fight?" comment is that he was thrown out of the game because the ref was against him from the get go...

Hansum Stranger
04-17-2007, 10:48 AM
How can a ref throw Duncan out of a game. Doesn't Crawford know that Duncan has 3 Rings? :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 10:48 AM
How can a ref throw Duncan out of a game. Doesn't Crawford know that Duncan has 3 Rings? :rolleyes:

yah what was he thinking...

great point hasum stranger... :clap:

my precccciousssssssss

Hansum Stranger
04-17-2007, 10:50 AM
yah what was he thinking...

He was thinking that them d@mn rings don't mean squat this year.

Maroon87
04-17-2007, 10:50 AM

Yes he does. But that's not the point. Crawford got hooked and overreacted.

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 10:52 AM
He was thinking that them d@mn rings don't mean squat this year.

hey man, no one asked for jealousy here...

kaorder1999
04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
We will never know exactly what happened. The league does not let their officials comment to the media. Tim Duncan is not an angel and you can see that by his admitting to calling him a piece of __________. The league officials make mistakes. All officials make mistakes. I have seen HS officials issue technical fouls to coaches on the bench for laughing or mocking calls. It didn't really surprise me when it happened in the Spurs game. Did he go overboard...i think you could argue so and have a good argument. But at the same time nobody knows for sure what was said between Duncan and the official.

Hansum Stranger
04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
hey man, no one asked for jealousy here...

No need to be jealous of the past. If I wanted to live in the past I could talk about the Cowboys 5 rings.

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
No need to be jealous of the past. If I wanted to live in the past I could talk about the Cowboys 5 rings.

the cowboys five rings? that's history... they fell off that wagon 12 years ago... the Spurs have been one season without a ring...

kaorder1999
04-17-2007, 10:56 AM
the Boston Celtics won a bunch of Championships too and look where that has them this year!

Maroon87
04-17-2007, 10:56 AM

That's not the past...that's ancient history.:eek: :(

Hansum Stranger
04-17-2007, 10:57 AM
the Spurs have been one season without a ring...

And who stopped them from getting a chance for another ring.

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 10:58 AM
And who stopped them from getting a chance for another ring.

The Mavericks, of course... in a great game 7 (that I was at)... what a great game... and I cheered for the Mavericks in the finals... that is all on that subject...

kaorder1999
04-17-2007, 11:12 AM
wow...i just found this...

"He looked at me and said, 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?' " Duncan said. "If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, 'Do you want to fight?' "

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 11:14 AM
wow...i just found this...

"He looked at me and said, 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?' " Duncan said. "If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, 'Do you want to fight?' "

do it like they did in the old days... take 'em out back, give 'em some gloves and let the other guy think to himself afterwards "maybe I should think before I talk trash to TD"

kaorder1999
04-17-2007, 11:16 AM
if Crawford said that then the audio is out there somewhere and I want to hear it.

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 11:17 AM
if Crawford said that then the audio is out there somewhere and I want to hear it.

me too

Rabbit'93
04-17-2007, 12:05 PM
I've been thinking about the whole "do you wanna fight?" comment. I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't "fight" like fist fight; but rather like argue? I mean think about it. When I get into a verbal argument with my wife we always say "we had a fight". Could crawford (if he said it) have meant to say " do you wanna fight" as if to say " do you want to argue with me?

Think about it.:eek: :confused:

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I've been thinking about the whole "do you wanna fight?" comment. I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't "fight" like fist fight; but rather like argue? I mean think about it. When I get into a verbal argument with my wife we always say "we had a fight". Could crawford (if he said it) have meant to say " do you wanna fight" as if to say " do you want to argue with me?

Think about it.:eek: :confused:

exactly... it was a threat... more like "okay, now it is personal"... not as in "let's throw down"... a ref should not get personal with a player...

good point

SintonFan
04-17-2007, 12:09 PM
So with all this crap going on, what are the players supposed to do?
Are they supposed to act like perfect robots all the time? I think this is definately a case where one ref doesn't like a player and went waaaay too far.

Bandera YaYa
04-17-2007, 09:36 PM
do it like they did in the old days... take 'em out back, give 'em some gloves and let the other guy think to himself afterwards "maybe I should think before I talk trash to TD" omg you made me laugh out loud! Loves it....I get a visual of Tim's outstretched arm, with this hand on Joey's bald head, and Joey's arms moving, trying to make contact with Tim, but of course he can't cuz he's so little compared to Tim.....hahahaha...loves it! Thanks for the chuckle, D!!
:kiss:AND....all you Mav fans stop with the jealousy!!!!! When you get three (3) rings, THEN you can talk smack to us!!!!

Gobbla2001
04-17-2007, 10:09 PM
THE YaYa has spoken...

that is all, folks...