PDA

View Full Version : Next great TE at Texas

mistanice
04-15-2007, 03:54 PM
ranked #8 TE in the nation by CNNSI

video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48vkXUvLVR8)

JR2004
04-15-2007, 05:30 PM
He's a stud. There's no reason UT shouldn't win the Big XII South this season with him, Charles and Sweed to go along with a bulked up McCoy. I fully expect to see Finley be a 1st round pick when it's time for him to come out.

Txbroadcaster
04-15-2007, 05:37 PM
He was WAY to hot/cold last year..would make the amazing one handed catch and then drop 3 straight easy ones. If he can learn to concentrate every catch, then he could be scary good

Diocletian
04-15-2007, 06:05 PM
i never considered this guy as a great player either, even most of his highlight vid is against pushover teams, i could be wrong though.....let's hope so

Chris Hart
04-15-2007, 06:22 PM
This kid is a HUGE talent! If he doesn't leave early he will be the best receiving TE in the country as a senior. They talk about how Tony Gonzales, Shockey etc. have revolutionized the TE position in the NFL, this kid has the talent to one up those guys. Not saying he will, but if he put his heart into he could. He's unbelievable for a TE, and I'm not even a Longhorn fan but have watched him practice a few times since arriving in Austin...

Old Tiger
04-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
i never considered this guy as a great player either, even most of his highlight vid is against pushover teams, i could be wrong though.....let's hope so Sounds like Martellus:thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
He's a stud. There's no reason UT shouldn't win the Big XII South this season with him, Charles and Sweed to go along with a bulked up McCoy. I fully expect to see Finley be a 1st round pick when it's time for him to come out.

I don't know, if he goes out at the same time as Martellus, his drafting spot will drop quite a bit, I'm afraid.

tigerpride_08
04-15-2007, 07:58 PM
i bet it was something to see him playing at Diboll...

g$$
04-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i bet it was something to see him playing at Diboll...

Recruited by Arizona in basketball too. Great athlete at Diboll.

BTW, saw Colt McCoy at the Texas baseball game Friday in Austin sitting a few rows over. Definitely bigger & thicker. Still looks 12 too! Seems like a good kid.