PDA

View Full Version : LASIK Surgery

Johnnypaycheck
04-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Anyone out there had this procedure done. I am just about fed up with my contacts. Looking for pros and cons, price info, recommendations, etc. Let me hear from you!

44INAROW
04-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
Anyone out there had this procedure done. I am just about fed up with my contacts. Looking for pros and cons, price info, recommendations, etc. Let me hear from you!
my middle son, Chad, had Lasik done in December of 2001 and has had nothing but success..... He was in college at the time - he drove in on Weds for the consulation, had the prodecure done @ 9:00 AM on Friday and we were back in Cuero by 10:40 AM and he slept on and off all day (3 valium will do that ) I would roll him over every hour to put his drops in and he never woke up lol..... Then he got up @ 4:15 PM and I drove him back to Victoria for the doctor to check him out - got the seal of approval and he drove back to Huntsville the next day. He still is at 20/20 and happy he did it.. I really don't remember how much it was - seems it was close to $995 per eye...... I know quite a few folks, young and old, that have had the procedure and out of them all, only 1 had a complaint or said she wouldn't do it again - she has continued "dry eyes" - but her vision is much better she said. Good Luck if you decide to have it done -

sinton66
04-15-2007, 08:22 AM
When it comes to surgical procedures, it is always a good idea to obtain more than one doctor's opinion. I had a boss in Houston that was nearly blinded by this procedure because he was NOT a good candidate for the surgery. His cornea/lenses were far too thin for this particular procedure. The doctor that did the surgery failed to alert him to this fact. Fortunately he found an eye doctor that could repair the damage caused by the initial surgery by lens transplants and is okay now, but spent a ton of money in the process.

Definitely not advising against the procedure, just saying do a double check first.

raider red 2000
04-15-2007, 08:32 AM
i had mine done about 6 years ago.

it is fantastic.

Ranger Mom
04-15-2007, 09:36 AM
My boss had it done several years ago and was told that it MAY not last.

She is starting to have some blurring problems in one eye and has to wear her reading glasses again while working on the computer....and has suffered with dry eyes the entire time.

She can still put her makeup on without having to wear her glasses though, so she is still glad she did it.

kaorder1999
04-15-2007, 12:51 PM
my wife had it done last year and it was amazing for her. She was almost blind without her glasses or contacts and and hour after the procedure she was reading license plates going down the highway....

SintonFan
04-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
If you are near-sighted your vision improves over time. I used to wear glasses in school but now I have 20/20 vision according to my latest eye test.:nerd: