PDA

View Full Version : Who invented homework?

kepdawg
04-14-2007, 10:39 PM
A teacher on a power trip that arbitrarily decided to send work home with the students?

A slower student who was unable to complete his assignment at school and was granted permission to take it home?

An administrator who simply felt like sticking it to the students and teachers?

Whoever it was, I hate them! :mad:

shankbear
04-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Bunch of homework-giving creeps. There are far too many video games to play for such nonsense. Too much mall crawling. Too much dope smokin and rope skipping. Homework just gets in the way.

55 minutes per class is PLeNTY.

lepfan
04-14-2007, 11:01 PM
It wasn't me! I hate homework too!

Diocletian
04-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Homework was inveted by a group of teachers wanting their students to achieve learning capability on their own instead of relying on someone telling them bs for 1hr or 2.....

kepdawg
04-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I tend to be a world class procrastinator and have trouble getting motivated. Then as a result I get seriously stressed out!

Phil C
04-15-2007, 09:11 AM
I haven't been in school in years and I am still against giving too much homework. But a lot of times when teachers gave us time to complete it in school we didn't do it and messed around too much so homework is not always the teacher's fault. I think it needs to work both ways. If the teacher gives you time to complete homework in school like it should be done then do your homework. The good thing is that if you get stuck on something you can sometimes get it cleared out of the way. But to just give homework to give homework is wrong to me. Also teachers please let the students know what homework is expected before and not at the end of study hall like some teachers used to do when I was there.

lepfan
04-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
the teacher gives you time to complete homework in school like it should be done That is what I do...and then I have a 15 min. study hall at the end of the day...I told my kids we were doing a study hall instead of a second recess...there is an occasional assignment that must be done at home...but my kids in general have PLENTY of time to get it done in class...

***Phil...I just knew you were going to say "I admire homework." :D

wildstangs
04-15-2007, 11:25 AM
I used to be pretty good about getting my work done much earlier than due. It has gotten harder not to procrastinate as I get closer to graduation. Not a good quality for a future teacher.

maestro
04-15-2007, 06:43 PM
had to be elementary and junior high math teachers!!!

come hail or high water......the math teachers would " rubber stamp" those " odd" or " even " questions 1-20...

Who-dun-it!!?
04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
THE DEVIL!!!:devil:

Emerson1
04-15-2007, 07:58 PM
I hate homework. Just got done handwriting a 1,000 word essay and 35 bib cards.