PDA

View Full Version : It's OFFICIAL....

pirate4state
04-14-2007, 04:00 PM
I am allergic to amoxicillian (sp?). Yesterday, I took two pills (don't ask me why :crazy1: ) and in about 20 minutes I started to get the itchy, tingly feeling. I thought, "this can't be happening" I didn't mix it with anything. I hadn't even eaten anything. But sure as chit, in 10 minutes I was in full blown allergic reaction mode. Hives, swelling, itching!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

So, on top of me feeling like death warmed over - I'm having an allergic reaction. SO, I pop two benadryl and wait....30 minutes, nothing - feeling like a drug addict going through withdrawls. Another 30 minutes and I'm feeling drunk :D still itching and wanting to :weeping: all the while my dogs are looking at me like I have 3 heads!! Finally, 90 minutes later the itching is almost non existant and I'm drifting into a coma. ;)

3 hours later - I'm right as rain!! :thumbsup:

Back to just having a sinus infection and hacking up lovely phlegm and missing all kinds of drama, apparently, on the downlow!!

I should be in Stanton, TX at Trade Days - hours away from a road trip to Snyder, TX with Ranger Mom & stangGirl and whoever else to watch DaHops team play baseball. :( Instead, I'm stuck in Sinton - beautiful day outside, but I can't go out there b/c the wind is blowing crap all over the place. :hairpunk:

Someone send drinks!! :cool:

sinton66
04-14-2007, 04:21 PM
I also have allergic reactions to Amoxicillan. I take either penicillan or ampicillan for infections. Strange how I can take real penicillan with no side effects, but can't take one of the synthetics. Allergies are weird.

Glad you're feeling better.

GetRDoneStangs
04-14-2007, 04:22 PM
We where looking forward to your "road trip" this weekrnd....:( :( :(

I hope you get feeling better and you know you are always welcome out here any time!!

Gobbla2001
04-14-2007, 04:25 PM
I've come down wit something myself... feel like crapppollllla

sinton66
04-14-2007, 04:27 PM
I've been nursing a cold for about a week now. Missed work Wednesday. But, starting to feel better.

carter08
04-14-2007, 04:29 PM
If it would make you feel better, I'll take the roadtrip instead.

Actually, no.

West Texas isn't ready for me

GetRDoneStangs
04-14-2007, 04:31 PM
West Texas isn't ready for me

I am not sure you could "hang" with the boys out here!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

JK !!!!

pirate4state
04-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
We where looking forward to your "road trip" this weekrnd....:( :( :(

I hope you get feeling better and you know you are always welcome out here any time!!

:crying: I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had been looking forward to this trip for what seems like F-O-R-E-V-E-R. :bigcry:

Okay - enough of that

oh and CARTER ---- I tried to call you Wednesday night and even left you a VM and no response! :hand: hmph :tongue:

kepdawg
04-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I am allergic to amoxicillian (sp?). Yesterday, I took two pills (don't ask me why :crazy1: )

How many were you supposed to take?

carter08
04-14-2007, 04:34 PM

oh and CARTER ---- I tried to call you Wednesday night and even left you a VM and no response! :hand: hmph :tongue:

Really?

I'm sure i'll get it in a few weeks

My phone's voicemail is messed up. My aunt called me at the end of January and I got the message in March

pirate4state
04-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
How many were you supposed to take? i read the instructions wrong :o i was only suppose to take 1 - twice a day -- all i saw was "twice" and that turned into two pills -- i know, CRAZY but hey, I'm sick things were a little hazy :doh:

44INAROW
04-15-2007, 12:05 AM
hope you get better soon Rita - my oldest is very allergic to pennicllin (sp) and iodine including any shellfish - he can't even be in a boat if we're fishing and using shrimp for bait - his throat swells up and he has a hard time breathing and his eyes swell shut.......

It was a prettty day today but the wind was blowing 30 mph all day - lil44 played in an all day softball tourney in Victoria and the wind was blowing the entire day - my eyes are swollen from watering so much.

Stay inside tomorrow and rest up and hopefully you'll be feeling better by Monday!

smustangs
04-15-2007, 12:08 AM
I am allergic to amoxicillian (sp?). Yesterday, I took two pills (don't ask me why :crazy1: ) and in about 20 minutes I started to get the itchy, tingly feeling. I thought, "this can't be happening" I didn't mix it with anything. I hadn't even eaten anything. But sure as chit, in 10 minutes I was in full blown allergic reaction mode. Hives, swelling, itching!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

same thing happened to me about 2 years ago it sucks bad i feel for ya trust me

Ranger Mom
04-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
same thing happened to me about 2 years ago it sucks bad i feel for ya trust me

I'm allergic to Penicillin...and all the substitutes for it.

Thank goodness I am hardly ever sick!!