PDA

View Full Version : Who will be playing in the 3A division 1 State Championship in 2003?

Burnet Dawg06
12-28-2002, 02:26 PM
What are everyones predictions about who will compete in the 3A-1 State Championship game in 2003? And division 2.

Keith7
12-28-2002, 02:49 PM
We all know Gainesville will be in the Division 1 championship game.. I have no clue who they will be playing though

<small>[ December 28, 2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

topdawg
12-28-2002, 02:55 PM
i dont if this will be whos playin but its who i want to see, burnet vs. everman

topdawg
12-28-2002, 02:58 PM
i dont no if this will be whos playin but its who i want to see, burnet vs. everman

PPHSfan
12-28-2002, 03:01 PM
3A Division 1 Texas Bowl

Forney vs Sinton

No doubt in my mind :D

Rabbit'93
12-28-2002, 03:44 PM
Now that would be great.

marlin fan
12-28-2002, 03:50 PM
3A Div 1 Burnet and everman

3A Div 2 Bandera and Marlin

Old Cardinal
12-28-2002, 04:03 PM
I think Div. II will be either Barbers Hill or Newton against Port Isabel- winner playing Midland Greenwood. Div I is wide open, maybe Canyon or A. Wylie, verses Burnet or Navasota/Elgin winner.

wildstangs
12-28-2002, 04:06 PM
marlin fan:
3A Div 1 Burnet and everman

3A Div 2 Bandera and MarlinBandera and Marlin cant play each other in the state championship.

Jacket2000
12-28-2002, 04:20 PM
Since we have no idea who will be Div1 or Div2, this is pretty much a moot point. I will say, however, that I expect Forney to be very strong next year, as well as Decatur. I also expect Kennedale, Sweetwater, and Wiils Point to be down quite a bit. Everman may fall a bit as well, but I dont expect it to be by much.
J2K

vet93
12-28-2002, 04:39 PM
Jacket...I was thinking that Kennedale had quite a bit coming back next year. They have Harper and Barrett (I think that was his name) and another of the running backs that saw some time. I thought that they were only losing one running back this year. They are losing a very good tight end and I am not sure about the line and defense. It seems like they played some other juniors as well. Do you have the exact numbers?

Jacket2000:
Since we have no idea who will be Div1 or Div2, this is pretty much a moot point. I will say, however, that I expect Forney to be very strong next year, as well as Decatur. I also expect Kennedale, Sweetwater, and Wiils Point to be down quite a bit. Everman may fall a bit as well, but I dont expect it to be by much.
J2K

sinfan75
12-28-2002, 04:42 PM
PPHSfan:
3A Division 1 Texas Bowl

Forney vs Sinton

No doubt in my mind :D Sinto has to replace almost the entire team.I would have to consider them a long shot next year.But hey ya never know.Oh,and that's Sinton,not Sinto.First swallow of Bud is always a doozy! :D

big daddy russ
12-28-2002, 05:11 PM
<small>[ December 28, 2002, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

PPHSfan
12-28-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75:

<strong>Sinto has to replace almost the entire team.I would have to consider them a long shot next year.But hey ya never know.Oh,and that's Sinton,not Sinto.First swallow of Bud is always a doozy! :D I understand that every team will be different next year, even the ones that were full of starting Juniors will be different, and not necessarily better or worse because of it. This is the way I look at it, and even though it may be considered strange, I will stand by my guns. The kids are not the entire ingredient in winning football teams. While they play a very important part, I think that it is the Coaching, Community, and the "system" that is put in place when the kids start playing in kindergarten, that makes succusfull Varsity programs. If none of this were true, how else would you explain some programs having continued success year after year, while others have continued sub-par performances? Other factors such as puberty, puberty, puberty, Suzy cheerleader, fast cars, and social acceptance 101 can make a world of difference in the way a kid plays from one year to the next. This explains why some teams that were loaded with junior talent do not always do well the following year, and why some teams that have weak JV teams, seem to come alive. With that being said, I will be looking for Forney and Sinton to both be strong next year. Of course I expected Forney and Sinton early in the season this year as well, and it just didn't quite come together :p

Matthew328
12-28-2002, 09:21 PM
Kennedale losses some skill people...Harper and Barrett are back but they lose Brandon Ross, Rocky Smith Landon Johnson and Jason Tomlinson

3afan
12-28-2002, 09:49 PM
who does everman lose

Tiny
12-28-2002, 10:41 PM
3afan:
who does everman loseIdont know who they lose but I was told at the game that the 7th 8th 9th & JV teams were all undefeated this year, I would say they will still be tough.

sinfan75
12-28-2002, 10:44 PM
PPHSfan:

Originally posted by sinfan75:

<strong>Sinto has to replace almost the entire team.I would have to consider them a long shot next year.But hey ya never know.Oh,and that's Sinton,not Sinto.First swallow of Bud is always a doozy! :D I understand that every team will be different next year, even the ones that were full of starting Juniors will be different, and not necessarily better or worse because of it. This is the way I look at it, and even though it may be considered strange, I will stand by my guns. The kids are not the entire ingredient in winning football teams. While they play a very important part, I think that it is the Coaching, Community, and the "system" that is put in place when the kids start playing in kindergarten, that makes succusfull Varsity programs. If none of this were true, how else would you explain some programs having continued success year after year, while others have continued sub-par performances? Other factors such as puberty, puberty, puberty, Suzy cheerleader, fast cars, and social acceptance 101 can make a world of difference in the way a kid plays from one year to the next. This explains why some teams that were loaded with junior talent do not always do well the following year, and why some teams that have weak JV teams, seem to come alive. With that being said, I will be looking for Forney and Sinton to both be strong next year. Of course I expected Forney and Sinton early in the season this year as well, and it just didn't quite come together :p Sinton has to replace their 3 fifths of their O line,all the backfield,and I believe 7 starters on defense.They also lose a ton of speed.They WILL be rebuilding!

rholl
12-28-2002, 10:46 PM
Everman loses entire starting backfield.QB RB and fullback...both wides......but many many people got plenty of playing time for Everman this yr..and some of the peole coming back probably have a combined 6 or 7 full games of experience.....many times Evermans starters never played after halftime and the younger guys often got a full half of playing time each game.

Everman01Grad.
12-29-2002, 02:53 AM
Rholl is exactly right. Those are all the people Everman is losing and some people on the offensive line as well. But sophomors and juniors played most of the second half all during the regular season though so that just lives a big question mark?......I would like to see burnet and Everman part 2 if not Everman i know for sure Burnet is going to be there.

greendog fan
12-29-2002, 11:00 AM
Jacket2000:
J2KBurnet will be D1 next year regardless what happens. They are by far the largest school in their district.

jason
12-29-2002, 11:16 AM
Division 1

Forney v Burnet at Texas Stadium

It will be the third game of a triple header on a Saturday (wouldn't that be weird if I were actually right...haha)

ThaRealBulldog
12-29-2002, 02:03 PM
Carthage will win state.

Matthew328
12-29-2002, 02:08 PM
If I had to pick right now I'd say Forney vs Burnet....both teams return a ton from experienced and successful squads...

3afan
12-29-2002, 02:52 PM
who is forney losing

PPHSfan
12-29-2002, 02:59 PM
3afan:
who is forney losingThey are losing a few key defensinve backs, but the JV has it covered. And their QB and Backfield are returning.

crzyjournalist03
12-29-2002, 06:11 PM
Can't say much about finals because who knows how the regions will shape out, but Forney vs. Burnet sounds good. One thing I will almost guarantee though:

Forney vs. Everman III (with Forney coming out on top thanks to Hanie and Laury). Don't know when or where, but I can promise I'll be coming home from college to see this one.

Buffalo
12-30-2002, 06:27 PM
Everman will be tough to beat. Forney could have the team next year to do it though.

ayoing3
12-30-2002, 11:44 PM
ahh yes FORNEY will be back!!!! wills point won't!!! i hope this brings them out of their barns!!!

Burnet_Dawg
12-31-2002, 07:49 PM
Burnet vs Forney
Thats the bottom line!!!!!