PDA

View Full Version : Jason Whitlock Rips Jesse and Al

JR2004
04-14-2007, 02:35 AM
The link below is an article is from his main job where he is a writer for the Kansas City Star and a darn good one at that.

He's easily been one of my favorite writers for quite awhile now. I thoroughly enjoy watching him rip apart Jesse and Al over the Imus thing and how they are complete hypocrites. This article is well worth-reading as is seeing video of him ripping Al on TV in an interview the two did this week. He makes Sharpton look more foolish than normal.

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

Ranger Mom
04-14-2007, 02:44 AM
I have never heard of Jason Whitlock before, but he made some excellent points.

JR2004
04-14-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have never heard of Jason Whitlock before, but he made some excellent points.

That probably has to do with him staying with the KC Star and not going to a bigger paper. He says he likes his job and he likes his boss so he doesn't leave for greener pastures.

He used to be on ESPN on PTI and The Sports Reporters with Mitch Albom and Mike Lupica. He absolutely hates Lupica and that column he did about him is hilarious. I'll have to find the link to the article where he rips him to shreds as well. He also used to write for Page 2 on ESPN.com, but he made critical remarks about ESPN so they canned him.

Here's a video from YouTube where Tucker Carlson interviews Whitlock and he calls both Jesse and Al terrorists for how they divide the American public all the while getting rich doing it. It's an awesome interview. It's great to see a guy like him that actually wants to do something about problems instead of putting the blame on someone else to divert attention from the real problems.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L5ZQXaXmCW4

Gobbla2001
04-14-2007, 07:49 AM
I was gunna post that link here yesterday but the site was down...

interesting article...

Macarthur
04-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Yeah, this has been amazing to watch.

I'm not a fan of Imus and think the comments were stupid and he should have know better. However, it was just another example of Jesse and Al are not really about racial equality. Racial equality is quite secondary to the power grab and what amounts to economic terrorism.

smustangs
04-14-2007, 10:30 AM
never heard of this whitlock guy before but i like him he makes some great points i still think this is just a great example of mob mentality

wildstangs
04-14-2007, 11:04 AM
I didn't read the article, but I heard him on The Herd yesterday. Great interview - Really sharp guy.

big daddy russ
04-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
The link below is an article is from his main job where he is a writer for the Kansas City Star and a darn good one at that.

He's easily been one of my favorite writers for quite awhile now. I thoroughly enjoy watching him rip apart Jesse and Al over the Imus thing and how they are complete hypocrites. This article is well worth-reading as is seeing video of him ripping Al on TV in an interview the two did this week. He makes Sharpton look more foolish than normal.

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html
I've always liked Whitlock. First heard him on PTI.

Thanks for the link, JR.

big daddy russ
04-14-2007, 12:29 PM
My brother subscribes to Esquire Magazine, and this whole subject made me remember a great article written by a black man in the December, 2006 issue. If you have time, it's a great read.

link (http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ1206BLACKESSAY_108)

burnet44
04-14-2007, 02:50 PM
whitlock is right on target

JR2004
04-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
My brother subscribes to Esquire Magazine, and this whole subject made me remember a great article written by a black man in the December, 2006 issue. If you have time, it's a great read.

link (http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ1206BLACKESSAY_108)

This should be required reading for everyone. There's whiners and complainers and just flat out lazy people of every race, but man does that article spell out some things in a very clear and concise way that you'd never get by listening to President Jesse and VP Al. That article was a great read. I'd recommend everyone on this board check that out.

Thanks a bunch for that link BDR. I always enjoy reading about Rice and Powell. It's a shame that accomplishments like that get swept up under the rug solely because they aren't lock-step politically with how guys like Sharpton, Jackson and the increasingly senile Harry Belafonte think they should be.

mistanice
04-16-2007, 09:50 PM
whitlock was on Oprah today, along with Sharpton, and will appear tomorrow I believe.

turbostud
04-16-2007, 10:07 PM
I posted this over a week ago. Whitlock must have read it.

Originally posted by turbostud
He probably just stole the line from some Hip Hop song and he is now considered a racist. Blame Hip Hop not Imus.

big daddy russ
04-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
This should be required reading for everyone. There's whiners and complainers and just flat out lazy people of every race, but man does that article spell out some things in a very clear and concise way that you'd never get by listening to President Jesse and VP Al. That article was a great read. I'd recommend everyone on this board check that out.

Thanks a bunch for that link BDR. I always enjoy reading about Rice and Powell. It's a shame that accomplishments like that get swept up under the rug solely because they aren't lock-step politically with how guys like Sharpton, Jackson and the increasingly senile Harry Belafonte think they should be.
Anytime, JR. That article made me realize how big a step that was in history and it sucks how it was overshadowed by the riots and the idiots who thought something was owed to them.

I think it should be required reading for all Texas HS students.