PDA

View Full Version : In high school....(nf)...a tale of irony

JHS_c/o_06'
04-13-2007, 09:14 PM
I was into many things. Football was life during the fall and while i played for Jasper, early winter. But when spring rolled around.....it meant one thing. One Act Play......call me a drama nerd if you will......i called myself a well rounded high school student. But my sophomore year, after we were robbed by the judge at regionals with what was said by many (not just Jasper folk) to be a show to win it all that year. So we licked our wounds and returned home, only weeks later to find that our director was going to leave JHS and go teach math to 7th graders in Newton. After getting over the shock of this i joked with her and the rest of the cast saying....just watch....the year after we (class of 2006) graduate....she is going to come back and put on a show that will win state.

Fast forward to Summer 2006......i get a call from someone i graduated with saying that our director was coming back to Jasper....that turned out to be true.....and i had mixed feelings about it. And laughed at the fact that i predicted it would happen.

Fast forward to January 2007, i am about to go back to San Antonio and decide to drop in on play practice before i head out, and find out what play they would be performing. They told me about it and said it didnt look too promising.

2 weeks ago. I get a voice mail from my buddy garrett who i played football with and was in theater with my senior year. Telling me that Jasper had advanced from area to regionals, something we failed to do my senior year. Oh well.....good for them

about 30 min ago. I get a call from Rachel, a senior in high school with who was also in theater my junior and senior year. Saying that they just advanced to the state 'finals' if you would.

So it has come to pass that everything i predicted 3 years ago has happened.

so yeah...