PDA

View Full Version : SLC and Texas State QB Chase Wasson to transfer to BlowU

Adidas410s
04-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Carroll-ex Wasson headed to OU

10:02 PM CDT on Wednesday, April 11, 2007
By BRIAN DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News
brdavis@dallasnews.com

Former Southlake Carroll quarterback Chase Wasson has been granted his release from Texas State, a school spokesman said. The former all-state quarterback who led Carroll to the 2002 Class 5A Division II state title plans to walk on at Oklahoma.

Wasson played in 11 games last season for the Bobcats and completed 44 of 82 passes for 442 yards and four touchdowns. He started for Texas State but was replaced in midseason by Bradley George.

Wasson would join a crowded quarterback derby at Oklahoma. Three players, none of whom have Division I-A experience, have been in the system and gone through spring workouts. Wasson, who will have one year of eligibility, is expected to join the Sooners this summer.

GreenMonster
04-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Anyone else view this as a bad move??? If you can't keep the starting job in D2 what makes you think you can go start at BlowU, a school just a few short years past a Nation Title game appearance?

BuffyMars
04-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Woopty woo....I am glad they aren't coming to Texas.

SLC :mad: :mad: :mad:

I forgot to add crazy %$# white boys!

Hansum Stranger
04-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Don't look at this as a bad move. Look at it as someone trying to move up on the payroll ladder.

injuredinmelee
04-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
Don't look at this as a bad move. Look at it as someone trying to move up on the payroll ladder.

now thats just funny!

kepdawg
04-13-2007, 05:45 PM
He's going to be attending graduate school, so I don't view it as a bad move.

BU97
04-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Anyone else view this as a bad move??? If you can't keep the starting job in D2 what makes you think you can go start at BlowU, a school just a few short years past a Nation Title game appearance?

Not a bad move since Tex St wouldn't let him play QB, they want someone who is 6'4" or taller, they dont care if the kid is just a great football player. I heard that the coaches were bad mouthing him and wanted him to leave. They might as well never recruit SLC again.