PDA

View Full Version : Bellville, Marlin & The Possum

Brahma73
12-08-2002, 02:35 AM
Once again class, "There ain't a horse that ain't been rode or a rider that ain't been throwed." Still horrible grammar, but WOW...what a ball game! And a possum scoring a touchdown at halftime (you had to be there).

It's always interesting to me how 2 really good football teams can make each other look so imperfect. It's like us to say than one or both had a bad game, when in reality, the greatness of both creates a struggle for both. These very imperfections are what makes high school football so perfect. This was the case tonight. Beyond all the trash talking and soothsaying, there appeared two marvelously talented football teams into Viking Stadium - both well prepared and well equipped to take it all. The result was a site to behold.

With emotions running high, penalties scarce, and opportunities taken & missed, we fans witnessed a classic battle of will & skill in which the only real trajedy was that it ended the season for one of the teams. For once, several of my speculations held true tonight:

I predicted overtime - we got three of 'em.
I knew if our QB got time to throw, we'd be hard to stop. He did and we were. (I told you, Matthew 328 wink )
I knew our defense would bend and that Marlin would move the ball and score. It did, they did, and they did.
I knew it would be hard for the Brahmas to run on the Marlin D. It REALLY was.
I knew the game would be decided on the field! (anybody would have gotten this one)
But here was the bonus for me. After all we've read & contributed about this game and who had class and who was cocky and whose coach was this or that, we should have all been pleased and proud. For tonight the action was intense, the hitting was vicious and the pressure was high. But the sportsmanship and on-the-field spirit were marvelous. These were just a bunch of hungry boys who wanted to win a football game...and they wanted it badly. I saw pats on the back and players helping opposing players up and the kind of acts of mutual respect that seems to appear when a pair of very good, well-coached teams go to war.

I thank you young men from Marlin and Bellville for your courage, determination and dedication to your cause. Congratulations Bellville on your gut wrenching victory. Congratulations Marlin for leaving it all on the field and believing in yourselves right to the end. It was a privilege to watch your game tonight! :)

Keep it up Bellville! 2 more to go. It won't get easier, but I think there's something magical about this team. :) LET'S DO IT!!!! :D :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2002, 02:50 AM
Well said 73! I know there was some trash talking on this game, but most of the night, I said most of the night, Marlin showed good sportsmanship, not a lot off dancing! Hey good luck to Marlin, and hats off to a great season for the Bulldogs!
Now I will get off my soap box about the Dancing Bulldogs, that game is over, lets start talking about the next game! I have posted a new topic, Bellville Brahmas 13-1 vs Bandera Bulldogs 11-3 Sat. in Round Rock, 2:00.
Go BELLVILLE Beat Bandera!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2002, 02:58 AM
Hey on the opossum, was it a TD, or a safty, He did return from the same end zone he came from, just wanted to know if it was 6 or 2 points? :D

Brahma73
12-08-2002, 03:05 AM
We all need to get over the "dancing" crap and worry about how our opponents play football. For all we know, Bandera may sacrifice a pristine young virgin before each game! :rolleyes:
That stuff we shouldn't worry about. Let's just worry about what gets US motivated. 2 more HUGE games ahead!

GO BULLS!!!! :)

Brahma73
12-08-2002, 03:17 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey on the opossum, was it a TD, or a safty, He did return from the same end zone he came from, just wanted to know if it was 6 or 2 points? :D Technically, it was a TD because he came from Marlin's side of the field, and Marlin had the south goal until the beginning of the second half. Since he declined the privilege of the extra point, the final score was Bellville 30, Marlin 24, Possum 6. You have to know these things when your on 3A Down Low! :rolleyes:

Brahma73
12-08-2002, 10:12 AM
By the way, the possum goes to the small forest play-offs... :D

Brahma73
12-08-2002, 11:50 PM
Back to the top for Bellville22. Get on this! :p

Bellville22
12-10-2002, 01:12 PM
Sorry 73, I-net has been down at the house, and haven't had much time at school. I had a whole novel I was gonna type out about the Marlin game but couldn't find the time at school and couldn't get damn i-net to dial. Not gonna write it anymore now, we need to focus on Bandera. Nice post, by the way, I was checkin ESPN's Recruiting info, and the possum is about to get a scholarship offer from the Oregon St. Beavers. He'll have to put on some pounds and work on that tail to fit in in the locker room, but not many can match his talent. Best of luck to him.

Bandera YaYa
12-10-2002, 04:59 PM
No, Brahma73, Bandera does not sacrifice a pristine young virgin before each ganme, but we
do have a secret ritual that is done and seems to be working...but can't divulge our magic to the enemy, we'll just have to see what happens...and you know they say : s--- happens!Hey BullDogFan....ain't that right??????