PDA

View Full Version : Should Rev. Al Sharpton be fired or at least apologize?

Phil C
04-12-2007, 03:26 PM
He said Imus who at least was man enough to apologize and repent should be fired. He was one who led the charge to lynch (so to speak) the Duke players who have been found innocent. I am sure he won't be fired but will Al be man enough to apologize and be a good example as a Rev?

I am betting no.

I got the above and below from another web site by the way.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/555274

CenTexSports
04-12-2007, 03:27 PM
I think he called those young men worse things than hos. I think he should be banned from national attention for 5 years and find a better barber for those beautiful locks of his.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-12-2007, 03:28 PM
It's sad Phil but I don't think he will even think about appologizing.

Phil C
04-12-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure if Rev. Jesse Jackson was involved with this incident so I didn't say anything about him.

piratebg
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Al Sharpton should be stripped of his powers. Anyone have any kryptonite or something?

injuredinmelee
04-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
It's sad Phil but I don't think he will even think about appologizing.

he wont have to apologize. Blacks can say whatever they want to say and its okay. The media will not turn it into a circus as they do if a white man says something derogatory.

Ranger Mom
04-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
he wont have to apologize. Blacks can say whatever they want to say and its okay. The media will not turn it into a circus as they do if a white man says something derogatory.

Sadly...I agree!:(

CHS_CG
04-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sadly...I agree!:(

as do I.

I went to school with a girl that thought white people owed her whatever she wanted and carried herself that way to

piratebg
04-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I had a black coworker who tried to have me written up because I called him Buckwheat after he called me Fat Joe. It didn't happen.

And for the record, he really did look like Buckwheat, otay :D.

ASUFrisbeeStud
04-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Well there are lots of double standards out there, especially with my girlfriend. She can call me fat but the moment I tell her that her butt looks big, well it's just not the same.

PHS Wildcats
04-12-2007, 04:06 PM
What is this? Bash black people day?:confused:

shankbear
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Fat Al is a punk A hypocrit.

injuredinmelee
04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
not at all its a bash inequality day.

piratebg
04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Al Sharpton is a racist.

BuffyMars
04-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I had a black coworker who tried to have me written up because I called him Buckwheat after he called me Fat Joe. It didn't happen.

And for the record, he really did look like Buckwheat, otay :D.

I think dreads are greatness. I wish Terry was black just so he could have dreads.

AIN'T NUTHIN IN THIS WORLD SEXIER THAN THIS MAN!

http://goldenbeaus.com/naked/lenny_kravitz.jpg

WOOOO! HE IS SMOKIN! :kiss:

Emerson1
04-12-2007, 04:24 PM
It's speaking the truth day.

Phil C
04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
How about that apology to Duke players Al?

javascript:void(window.open('http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/news?ch=68276&cl=2375371&lang=en','playerWindow','width=793,height=608,scro llbars=no'));

Phil C
04-12-2007, 04:49 PM

I don't think so PHS. It is not really even racist. I think it is more like stop Ye Ole Double Standards.

BuffyMars
04-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I think dreads are greatness. I wish Terry was black just so he could have dreads.

AIN'T NUTHIN IN THIS WORLD SEXIER THAN THIS MAN!

http://goldenbeaus.com/naked/lenny_kravitz.jpg

WOOOO! HE IS SMOKIN! :kiss:

Everybody is forgetting the main picture here. This is a serious hijack. I mean business. LOOK! HE HAS IT ALL...MMMM.....GUITAR....HAIR....PIERCINGS....TATT OOS....MMMMM.....AND OH YEAH, A GREAT SMILE. HARD TO SEE THAT AGAINST ALL THAT BEAUTY.

:inlove:

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
She can call me fat but the moment I tell her that her butt looks big, well it's just not the same. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Phantom Stang
04-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Nah...
No more than it's "bash white folks day", whenever there's a Britney Spears or Jerry Jones thread going.

PHS Wildcats
04-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Wondering who started most of the double standards in america?:thinking:

Hansum Stranger
04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Wondering who started most of the double standards in america?:thinking:

That's pretty lame. Just because so-and-so does something that gives someone else the right to do it.

olddawggreen
04-12-2007, 05:36 PM
STRING HIM UP BY HIS SHORT HAIRS, THEN FIRE HIM!!!:mad: :mad:

hutex04
04-12-2007, 05:52 PM
I had a customer at my old job call me a racist cause i was rude to her. Only reason i was rude was cause she was being rude first, so yeah i found out that day i was a racist. hmmmmm

SpreadtheRed
04-12-2007, 06:06 PM

When is it not....they complain everyday, blacks bring it on themeselves.

pantherpop
04-13-2007, 09:40 PM
This board is getting away from what its supposed to be about. Be careful what you say because, believe it or not, for better or for worse, we all have to live in this world together.

big daddy russ
04-14-2007, 01:21 AM
I tell you PHS, I'm glad Imus got the can. He's a piece of crap in my book. And this board definitely has a "we love whitey" flavor.

But Sharpton's every bit the racist that Imus is, and I'll stand by that statement 'til the day I die.

Emerson1
04-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Larry Elder kind of went off on Al on Larry King. Talked about how he demanded Imus to apologize, but has yet to apologize to the duke players, and other incidents including a time he called a lady a whore during a marathon. Pointed out some stuff about Jackson to.

big daddy russ
04-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Larry Elder kind of went off on Al on Larry King. Talked about how he demanded Imus to apologize, but has yet to apologize to the duke players, and other incidents including a time he called a lady a whore during a marathon. Pointed out some stuff about Jackson to.
Good, I can't stand either him or Jesse Jackson. Racism makes me sick... whether it's against blacks, whites, Mexicans, or whomever. Both of those guys are racist pieces of crap.

smustangs
04-14-2007, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

sad but true

smustangs
04-14-2007, 02:08 AM

no just state the obvious day

Ranger Mom
04-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
And this board definitely has a "we love whitey" flavor.

I had to read that 3 or 4 times before I understood it. I kept reading it as "we love whitney" and couldn't understand where you were going with it!!:D

eagles_victory
04-14-2007, 02:49 AM
Ill just say this i know a lot more black racist then i do of any other race

Ranger Mom
04-14-2007, 03:01 AM
I don't consider myself a racist......but I do hate to the "racism card" thrown out all the time......and the "victim" card too for that matter.

My own sister is alway a "victim".....I called her on it not to long ago and told her I think she likes being the victim......she thought about it and agreed!!:rolleyes:

3afan
04-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
He said Imus who at least was man enough to apologize and repent should be fired. He was one who led the charge to lynch (so to speak) the Duke players who have been found innocent. I am sure he won't be fired but will Al be man enough to apologize and be a good example as a Rev?

I am betting no.

I got the above and below from another web site by the way.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/555274

no he wont because there are different standards for different people

jason
04-14-2007, 09:18 AM
What is this? Bash black people day?:confused: no, its tell the truth day - too bad the truth hurts...

Emerson1
04-15-2007, 09:34 AM
So much for that. Al just said he won't apologize to the Duke players because he was "Mislead" by the DA because the DA thought he had a case.

Hansum Stranger
04-15-2007, 09:38 AM
So much for that. Al just said he won't apologize to the Duke players because he was "Mislead" by the DA because the DA thought he had a case.

Just goes to show how much of a nappy-headed hypocrite he is.

Emerson1
04-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
Just goes to show how much of a nappy-headed hypocrite he is.
You know if it was a black guy on trial and this happened he would be all over it demanding apologies(wanting attention)

Phil C
04-15-2007, 09:54 AM

He should still apologize for letting himself be misled and still jumping to conclusions. Of course I knew he wouldn't be man enough to apologize. Rationalization at it's best (or rather worst).

smustangs
04-15-2007, 10:18 AM
You know if it was a black guy on trial and this happened he would be all over it demanding apologies(wanting attention)

ya he would someone would be getting fired and anothers college paid for

Phil C
04-15-2007, 12:30 PM
This is one white man that Al certain listens to. He is always keeping his composure.

http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Old_School=composure.wav

BigTex
04-15-2007, 03:40 PM
A white man uses the derogatory term, "nappy-headed hoes" and he is fired.
A black man uses the same derogatory term and he wins a Grammy. :rolleyes:

Fortunately there are many black people that see Rev. Al's and Rev. Jesse's hypocrisy. I heard one the other day refer to these two clowns as "poverty pimps". If the shoe fits..........:thinking:

pirate4state
04-15-2007, 05:21 PM
I tell you PHS, I'm glad Imus got the can. He's a piece of crap in my book. And this board definitely has a "we love whitey" flavor.

But Sharpton's every bit the racist that Imus is, and I'll stand by that statement 'til the day I die.

"we love whitey" flavor - ROFL!

He won't apologize and that is a damn shame! :mad:

sinton66
04-15-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm sure he meant to say "we love Whitney".:D

PHS Wildcats
04-15-2007, 06:59 PM

I agree. I truly feel that Shartpton and Jackson should apologize to the Duke players. As a matter of fact they should go a step farther. I think that they should stand beside the players and let them know that they support them.

The only problem I'm having with the board is that a majority of the poster's posting indicate that we(blacks) are too sensitive and it's our fault that Imus was fired. One poster stated that he went to school with a black girl that thought she was owed the world. Well I went to school with a white girl that always called the black guys "boy" and the black girls "Aunt Jamama".

And yea, the board is starting to have a "White Power" feel to it.

I'll be very happy when this pass over so we can get back to sports.

Who-dun-it!!?
04-15-2007, 07:45 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$AND CASH MONEY$$$$$$$

Who-dun-it!!?
04-15-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm reminded all the sudden about the time the Hampton University Coaches ran from the police in Lubbock (because they were afraid). Johnny Cochrin couldn't get to Lubbock fast enough in an attempt to get richer off the city of Lubbock. He lost his ridiculous lawsuit and was sent packin. :clap: :clap: :clap:

PHS Wildcats
04-15-2007, 08:29 PM
R.I.P. Johnny C.

pirate4state
04-15-2007, 08:32 PM
I agree. I truly feel that Shartpton and Jackson should apologize to the Duke players. As a matter of fact they should go a step farther. I think that they should stand beside the players and let them know that they support them.

The only problem I'm having with the board is that a majority of the poster's posting indicate that we(blacks) are too sensitive and it's our fault that Imus was fired. One poster stated that he went to school with a black girl that thought she was owed the world. Well I went to school with a white girl that always called the black guys "boy" and the black girls "Aunt Jamama".

And yea, the board is starting to have a "White Power" feel to it.

I'll be very happy when this pass over so we can get back to sports.

I don't think the board has a "white power" feel to it. I'm sorry you feel that way. I wish I could say that this will be the last time some idiot says something completely stupid, but we both know that isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

I think we all know where each other stands on this matter now, for better or worse. We need to move past it and get back to sports!! :thumbsup: