PDA

View Full Version : For Phil only...

Adidas410s
04-12-2007, 02:52 PM
While playing golf on the 3rd hole yesterday afternoon at Mansfield National...I was fortunate enough to see a big train come down the tracks while I was in the fairway. That hole runs very close to the train tracks so I was fortunate that I didn't hit my ball behind the trees in the left rough as I would have been too close for comfort as the engines came roaring by. After it passed, I proceeded to miss the green, have my chip shot hit the pin and then carom sideways off the green, my next chip shot gets close to the hole but the putt lips out before tapping in for a lovely bogey on a par 5. :)

coach
04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
While playing golf on the 3rd hole yesterday afternoon at Mansfield National...I was fortunate enough to see a big train come down the tracks while I was in the fairway. That hole runs very close to the train tracks so I was fortunate that I didn't hit my ball behind the trees in the left rough as I would have been too close for comfort as the engines came roaring by. After it passed, I proceeded to miss the green, have my chip shot hit the pin and then carom sideways off the green, my next chip shot gets close to the hole but I miss the putt before tapping in for a lovely double bogey. :)

i didnt know phil mickelson was on this board

Adidas410s
04-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by coach
i didnt know phil mickelson was on this board

He's not but evidently he plays golf at Mansfield National. There's no way that was me making bogey from the fairway on a reachable Par 5! :mad:

coach
04-12-2007, 02:59 PM
have you ever played at crown colony in lufkin??

Phil C
04-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Good job. Besides playing great golf you got to enjoy a train passing by. Very pleasant indeed. :)

Adidas410s
04-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by coach
have you ever played at crown colony in lufkin??

I have not but I've heard many people mention it. I really want to go play Pine Dunes in Frankton. I've heard great things about the course.

Phil C
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Ad we have a wonderful golf course in Sinton. Maybe you can come here to play sometime.