PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for your Region!

pirateman98
04-12-2007, 08:24 AM
In both Softball and Baseball, who do you think has the best shot at bring home the Region Crown? If your district is still up in the air, who do you think will make it into the playoff's?

In Softball, I am going with Sinton....as if it would come to anyone surprise.....many because I don't know the rest of the region as well. Sinton has something to prove...since last year the lost to the eventual Chams. Columbia. They have solid pitching and defence and look strong to avenge that lost.

I think in baseball it could be between Sinton and Fal! I don't know of to many other teams so if you can, tell me who you think and why. Mathis might have a chance....I consider them the darkhorse of this Region...and Sinton and Fal because based off of tradion, they have proved their worth.

Anyone else?

BullFrog Dad
04-12-2007, 08:48 AM
I don't know about RII champs but the Lake Worth baseball team should go pretty deep into the playoffs. They brought back just about the whole team that made it to the 3rd round last year in RI. The girls will do good to get a playoff win.

Reds fan
04-12-2007, 12:31 PM
In Region III Softball:

D-22 Splendora is looking strong and D-21 Bridge City will have to get thru each other.

In D-23 Giddings, Bellville, La Grange and Navasota will have to wait until last district games to see order of finish and who will miss out.

D-24 Has been wild from the get go, but Sealy controls their fate and Needville, Columbia, Sweeny and Needville are still fightin' it out.

D-17 looks like Robinson, Gatesville and Lorena will make playoffs

D-18 Rockdale is in front

D-19 Madisonville, Groesbeck and Palestine Westwood are in the hunt.

D-20 Huntington is running away with it.

3ABirdMan
04-12-2007, 12:53 PM
REGION III

SOFTBALL -
Splendora, Bridge City, and Huntington are my favorites from Region III. Any one of them will be tough to knock off. I expect by the end of the Regional Championsip, they will have put each other out. I honestly expect one of these 3 to win it all in Austin, since it appears West Columbia has lost a lot of returners and most likely won't make it back. (FYI - State-Finalists Clyde and Van are having good years, but their years don't appear to be as good as last year. Barbers Hill was the 4th State Finalist, and have moved up to 4A, where they are state-ranked this year.)

BASEBALL -
Can't really speak for the whole Region, but Silsbee, Jasper and Bridge City from 21-AAA will be a force all the way through the play-offs. Iexpect one of the 3 to win the Regional Championship, but I won't say which one!

87 TIGER
04-12-2007, 03:05 PM
I havent seen most of these teams play, but anyway, Ive seen Giddings, Lagrange, Liberty Hill, & Rockdale.
Giddings looks to be the overall better team. Rockdale is a little weaker than in the past few years, maybe without that target on our back we can suprise a few teams. good luck to all hope to see you in Austin

Heyoverthere
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
for baseball in region 1 id have to say Abilene Wylie and hopefully all the way!!!

and for softball......i dont keep up with?!?!
but good luck to all.....