PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Democrat, Republican, or Texan?

pirate44
04-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Are you a Democrat, Republican, or Texan?

Here is a little test that will help you decide.
The answer can be found by posing the following
question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your
wife and two small children.
Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife
comes around the corner, locks eyes with you,
screams obscenities, praises Allah, raises the knife,
and charges at you.

You are carrying a Glock cal 40, and you are an expert shot.
You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.

What do you do?

.................................................. ...............

Democrat's Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor! Or oppressed?
Have I ever done any thing to him that would inspire him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
What does the law say about this situation?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway,
and what kind of message does
this send to society and to my children?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be
content just to wound me?
Should I call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes, have paint and weed day
and make this a happier, healthier street that would
discourage such behaviour.

.................................................. ..............

Republican's Answer:

BANG!

.................................................. .............

Texan's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG! BANG!
Click..... (Sounds of reloading)
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG! BANG!
Click

Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the
Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?

Son: Can I shoot the next one!

Wife: You Ain't Taking That To The Taxidermist!

piratebg
04-12-2007, 07:57 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

BTEXDAD
04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Policeman questioning Texan after Texan shot a burglar in his home.

Policeman: Mr. Texan, I realize you have a right to defend your property, but why did you shoot the burglar six times?

Texan: Because that was all the bullets I had in the gun.

BuffyMars
04-12-2007, 09:27 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am a Texan alright....:D

DDBooger
04-12-2007, 09:31 AM
yes the bang bang bang method has really worked wonders for us worldwide:rolleyes: the unfortunate aspect of fighting terrorists is sometimes aggression only swells their numbers! they are happy killing each other over shia/sunni issues, but throw in a american watch how fast "enemy of my true enemy (the west) is my friend. some day our lives won't center around the middle east, however not in my lifetime!

DDBooger
04-12-2007, 09:39 AM
...but yeah i'd probably blow him away too! lol:D

themsu97
04-12-2007, 09:41 AM
I am a Texan through and through da**it

JasperDog94
04-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
yes the bang bang bang method has really worked wonders for us worldwide:rolleyes: No, the real problem is we are fighting this war on terrorism with both hands tied behind our backs. If we really were serious about winning this war, we could. We America has become too wussified.

If someone were shooting at me from inside a mosque, I would not hesitate to level the building.

BuffyMars
04-12-2007, 09:52 AM
yes the bang bang bang method has really worked wonders for us worldwide:rolleyes: the unfortunate aspect of fighting terrorists is sometimes aggression only swells their numbers! they are happy killing each other over shia/sunni issues, but throw in a american watch how fast "enemy of my true enemy (the west) is my friend. some day our lives won't center around the middle east, however not in my lifetime!

I have never shot a gun, or even held one for that matter. Probably because I saw the aftermath of my uncle being gunned down with an AK-47. Maybe its just me, but that much blood can be traumatizing.

But when it comes to my family....I would think for about 5 secs...and my family would win.

BTEXDAD
04-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
No, the real problem is we are fighting this war on terrorism with both hands tied behind our backs. If we really were serious about winning this war, we could. We America has become too wussified.

If someone were shooting at me from inside a mosque, I would not hesitate to level the building.

True. Smart bombs and laser sights on rifles have spoiled the US and especially the media.
ANYTIME there is collateral damage our armed forces are blamed and blasted by media.
I read an estimate from WWII that said in all the bombing by allies during war only about 3% of bombs actually hit their target. They leveled entire towns in Germany to destroy one factory, but american people were fully supportive because everyone was committed to winning the war. Can you imagine the outcry now, if hundreds of thousands of another country's civilians were killed by our military while conducting a war?

Hansum Stranger
04-12-2007, 09:56 AM
No, the real problem is we are fighting this war on terrorism with both hands tied behind our backs. If we really were serious about winning this war, we could. We America has become too wussified.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate44
04-12-2007, 09:57 AM
hey folks. lighten up. this is a joke

DDBooger
04-12-2007, 10:06 AM

If someone were shooting at me from inside a mosque, I would not hesitate to level the building. lol if it were as simple as that yes. im all for leveling mosques. if they are being used as enemy strongholds level it Israeli style. but its the blending in within their society that makes it dificult. now if you condone killing em all, well yes we could win this war REAL quickly.

smustangs
04-12-2007, 11:04 AM

.. we'll bring home every one of our boys pull our biggest baddest toys and blow you crazy bastards to the moon..."

and yes i am a texan according to the test i wouldn't thing twice about it

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Excuse me, but I must say that this is BS and should be removed from the message board. If one of the rules is no politics in order to promote a politically unbiased environment, then stuff like this doesn't belong on here. If I can't throw out random facts about the War in Iraq and the track record of our current administration out here that will cast a negative light on the Republican party, then it's not exactly fair for you to endorse propaganda and utterly false assertions on here about those who support a particular political party.

smustangs
04-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Excuse me, but I must say that this is BS and should be removed from the message board. If one of the rules is no politics in order to promote a politically unbiased environment, then stuff like this doesn't belong on here. If I can't throw out random facts about the War in Iraq and the track record of our current administration out here that will cast a negative light on the Republican party, then it's not exactly fair for you to endorse propaganda and utterly false assertions on here about those who support a particular political party.

my god dude it was a joke get ur panties out of a wad

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
my god dude it was a joke get ur panties out of a wad

Yeah, well, I'm a Democrat and what he said is BS. I'm tired of the Republicans getting on here and throwing out crap. Most people get a good laugh out of it because that is what they believe in, but I don't find it humorous at all, and in fact, it kind of pisses me off. It paints Democrats as cowards and pot-smoking hippies. If I started throwing out jokes pinpointing how inept Republicans were, or accused them of being homosexuals and drug dealers, wouldn't they all have the right to get rubbed the wrong way too? I certainly think so.

BuffyMars
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
OMG ITS A #$%^&*I&(*&^%$I*&*&^^&I*&%^%$$$$$

JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

smustangs
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
its no use agrguing with you because you see it your way and i wouldnt a have problem with a good dem joke who cares no reason to get your panties in a bunch over a joke

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Okay, here's a joke, we're winning the War in Iraq, our main purpose to stay over and for going there is/was to fight terrorism, Iraq had WMD's and ties to al Queda, and Bush is a genius and a great leader.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-12-2007, 11:13 AM
its no use agrguing with you because you see it your way and i wouldnt a have problem with a good dem joke who cares no reason to get your panties in a bunch over a joke

So racist jokes should be allowed too, or jokes about homosexuals?

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah, well, I'm a Democrat and what he said is BS. I'm tired of the Republicans getting on here and throwing out crap. Most people get a good laugh out of it because that is what they believe in, but I don't find it humorous at all, and in fact, it kind of pisses me off. It paints Democrats as cowards and pot-smoking hippies. If I started throwing out jokes pinpointing how inept Republicans were, or accused them of being homosexuals and drug dealers, wouldn't they all have the right to get rubbed the wrong way too? I certainly think so.

I am niether a Democrat or a Repub and I found it to be funny. It is a satirical joke not unlike this one

http://www.internetweekly.org/images/bush_bonehead.jpg

This pic paints Bush as a dummy..so does it offend any republicans?

smustangs
Okay, here's a joke, we're winning the War in Iraq, our main purpose to stay over and for going there is/was to fight terrorism, Iraq had WMD's and ties to al Queda, and Bush is a genius and a great leader.

HAHAHAHAHAHA you truly are hilarious but seriously grow up and realize a joke

BuffyMars

ROFL!!!!!!! OH MAN THAT WAS GREAT!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

DDBooger
Okay, here's a joke, we're winning the War in Iraq, our main purpose to stay over and for going there is/was to fight terrorism, Iraq had WMD's and ties to al Queda, and Bush is a genius and a great leader. lol

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-12-2007, 11:15 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA you truly are hilarious but seriously grow up and realize a joke

I know what a joke is, I just think that it is you who needs to take your own advice at times is all.

smustangs
04-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I know what a joke is, I just think that it is you who needs to take your own advice at times is all.

i have no problem with a good joke at all i could care less to be honest

BuffyMars
04-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I am niether a Democrat or a Repub and I found it to be funny. It is a satirical joke not unlike this one

http://www.internetweekly.org/images/bush_bonehead.jpg

This pic paints Bush as a dummy..so does it offend any republicans?

I am a slacker. Politics. Bleh. OFFEND AWAY I SAY! :devil:

Ranger Mom
04-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Geeeeeez!!

Why does everyone have to get so butthurt all the time over the silliest things???

Oh yeah.....I'm a Republican and a Texan I guess!!

As far as I know, I have never been accused of being a drug dealer or a homosexual!!:confused:

smustangs
04-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I am a slacker. Politics. Bleh. OFFEND AWAY I SAY! :devil:

haha im not a huge politics fan either its just funny when someone blows up over a joke like a little kid

BuffyMars
04-12-2007, 11:19 AM
haha im not a huge politics fan either its just funny when someone blows up over a joke like a little kid

I for one LOVE it! It makes the board much more interesting, lol.

Ranger Mom
04-12-2007, 11:20 AM

You know...I am a "registered republican" and I am also a "Baptist".

In both, I don't necessarily believe in EVERYTHING they preach, teach or stand for!!

smustangs
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I for one LOVE it! It makes the board much more interesting, lol.

this is true rage on bbde

Keith7
This thread breaks 3 rules.. I have a feeling if the thread was aimed at bashing republicans it would have been taken down along time ago cuz there would have been alot of more people ticked off

3). Do not engage in personal attacks.
Avoid name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you. Avoid using people's real names in your posts. At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. We are not here to air personal vendettas.

4). Use intelligence and wit.
This is not a smack site. If all you have to offer is the tired old rah rah stuff, the vets on this site will tire of you quickly. Be prepared to offer facts and statistics to back up your claims.

5). No political/religious topics.
Political topics involving American political parties and their current candidates for office (or those already elected) and religious topics are forbidden. Both of these generally invoke problems and sometimes cause hard feelings.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-12-2007, 11:21 AM

Where did anyone blow up? I just said it was BS and it shouldn't have a place on here, I didn't report anything to the moderators, I just think that people need to put themselves in someone else's shoes and think before they make a joke like that. I for one don't like people to paint me to be an ass because of the political party I support, and I'm going to stand up when someone tries to trash my beliefs with satire. Maybe one day you will understand what it's like to have your own beliefs and be able to stand on your own to legs and make an argument, but until that day to you I will look like a little kid. If you want to continue an argument with me, take it to a PM and that will be that.

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2007, 11:22 AM
See I am different..I thought the joke was just as much on Texans and the attitude we are all redneck gun toters who will shoot any thing or anyone first and ask questions later

Ranger Mom
04-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
This thread breaks 3 rules.. I have a feeling if the thread was aimed at bashing republicans it would have been taken down along time ago cuz there would have been alot of more people ticked off

3). Do not engage in personal attacks.
Avoid name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you. Avoid using people's real names in your posts. At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. We are not here to air personal vendettas.

4). Use intelligence and wit.
This is not a smack site. If all you have to offer is the tired old rah rah stuff, the vets on this site will tire of you quickly. Be prepared to offer facts and statistics to back up your claims.

5). No political/religious topics.
Political topics involving American political parties and their current candidates for office (or those already elected) and religious topics are forbidden. Both of these generally invoke problems and sometimes cause hard feelings.

Thank you Mr. Policeman!

I am on top of it and monitoring it!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-12-2007, 11:23 AM

That's pretty much what I've been trying to hit at the entire time, thanks.

BuffyMars

I am pretty sure there is a rule broken in just about every other thread....

smustangs
Where did anyone blow up? I just said it was BS and it shouldn't have a place on here, I didn't report anything to the moderators, I just think that people need to put themselves in someone else's shoes and think before they make a joke like that. I for one don't like people to paint me to be an ass because of the political party I support, and I'm going to stand up when someone tries to trash my beliefs with satire. Maybe one day you will understand what it's like to have your own beliefs and be able to stand on your own to legs and make an argument, but until that day to you I will look like a little kid. If you want to continue an argument with me, take it to a PM and that will be that.

haha man you crack me up, just because someone dosent believe the way you do it dosent mean they dont have beliefs and cant stand on their own

Ranger Mom
04-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Well hell....maybe we should just shut down everything that hints of breaking the rules......and then we can all read a bunch of closed threads!

WOO HOO!!!

BuffyMars
See I am different..I thought the joke was just as much on Texans and the attitude we are all redneck gun toters who will shoot any thing or anyone first and ask questions later

I agree.

I didn't think for a second that it was out to make the Dems look any worse than the repubs.

But we each interpret things differently.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Well, I for one don't see the Texan mentality as a bad mentality to have when it comes to protecting yourself and your family, but the whole thing about Democrats gave me the impression that it was saying we were cowards and would make up reasons not to do what is right to protect ourselves.

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2007, 11:25 AM
[i] I'm going to stand up when someone tries to trash my beliefs with satire. [/B]

If your going to be standing up to satire agianst your beliefs, then

A. Your going to be standing up alot because satire is and has always been one of the biggest parts of political media.

B. Then you should be opposed to satirical stuff that is about things you DONT believe in as well

Ranger Mom
04-12-2007, 11:26 AM
What is funny is.......this isn't the first time this "joke" has been posted on here!!

Angeleyes

I thought the same thing too!!! I was born and raised in Texas, I'm a Texan all the way!!!

Txbroadcaster
Well, I for one don't see the Texan mentality as a bad mentality to have when it comes to protecting yourself and your family, but the whole thing about Democrats gave me the impression that it was saying we were cowards and would make up reasons not to do what is right to protect ourselves.

Look at the joke...it was not that the Texan shot..it was he shot..reloaded and kept shooting..then his family starts with all the gun talk..THAT is a joke on the IMAGE of Texans..and a funny one I might add

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-12-2007, 11:28 AM
If your going to be standing up to satire agianst your beliefs, then

A. Your going to be standing up alot because satire is and has always been one of the biggest parts of political media.

B. Then you should be opposed to satirical stuff that is about things you DONT believe in as well

I used to try to preach my beliefs, but awhile back I realized that it's pointless and futile to try to do so, so now I simply stick by what I believe and stand up for it. Sometimes I just brush it off and go about my business, but times like this it just rubs me the wrong way and I have to speak out.

smustangs
04-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Look at the joke...it was not that the Texan shot..it was he shot..reloaded and kept shooting..then his family starts with all the gun talk..THAT is a joke on the IMAGE of Texans..and a funny one I might add

i agree but bbde wont see that cuz he is so wrapped up in everyone picking on him for being a dem it blinds him to anything else

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-12-2007, 11:29 AM

Everyone shot and defended themselves except for the Democrat.

Txbroadcaster
04-12-2007, 11:30 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49907&highlight=Are+you+a+Democrat+Republican+or+Texan%3 F

Kind of funny..BBDE responded but did not seem to angry asbout it then.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-12-2007, 11:33 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49907&highlight=Are+you+a+Democrat+Republican+or+Texan%3 F

Kind of funny..BBDE responded but did not seem to angry asbout it then.
Nope, you're right, and my response would be the same in this situation as it was then, only this isn't the first time that I've heard this joke and it has gotten very old to me.

LH Panther Mom
04-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Geeeeeez!!

Why does everyone have to get so butthurt all the time over the silliest things???

Not everyone, RM.... ;)

Ranger Mom
04-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Not everyone, RM.... ;)

Well....not me, you, or Rita, of course!!:p